Jan 26th Pregnancy Check In Week

jenmgo

Cathlete
Good morning everyone!
im at work, about to get ready for my very busy busy Monday (as usual). At least it makes the day go by quickly :)

Sorry i was pretty absent during the checkin over the weekend, very busy weekend!

About the bounceroo, no its NOT the doorway one. Its more like a little activity center i guess. Kind of like a walker or exercauser but its not a walker. Its basically a little chair surrounded by a circle with a bunch of toys and activities and the baby can bounce up and down and work their legs :) Hard to explain I have the rainforest jumperoo on my registry. DH and I did not purchase that yet. Or a bouncy chair, which is basically like a little recliner for babies.

I canot post my ultrasound pics on here for some reasoN! i'm having a hard time with the images i scanned but i'll try again.

Im included 2 belly shot pics, sorry for the sloppy pants lol. This is me last nite, so i'm 36 weeks 5 days (almost 37 wow!!). I've gained 33 pounds total according to my last appointment. Of course all that baby shower cake is NOT helping :)

I can workout tonite and tomorrow, not sure what is on tap. I took yesterday off becuase it was so busy.

Skyy, those letters are adorable!! I bought wall ones from babies r us, they are polka dots and stripes and pink white and brown, they do not match my nursery bedding at all but they are too cute!

About the bottles, i plan on breastfeeding and pumping. I'm very clueless about all of it though. But because i have to work full time my DH needs to help feed too so i got the Breastflow bottles. They are supposed to be the most similar thing you can get to a breast. I think maybe with the nipple flow of the bottle? I know sme flow easier than others and the baby wont have to work as hard to get milk from the bottle like they do from mommy. So im hoping to keep it similar so the baby wont get confused or lazy!!

Well, better get to my first call, you guys hav a great day!

Attachments

• belly1.jpg
    belly1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 29
  • belly2.jpg
    belly2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 26
Your belly looks great! Doesn't look like you get stretch marks either! That is great! I am hoping not to get any w/ my 3rd - I am in my 33rd week. I should take some pictures. I never really think about it believe it or not. Just sitting around today - what else can I do?I am going to sneak in some housework though in awhile (shhh don't tell my DH). I can't stand a messy house.

Clarissa

Your belly looks great! Doesn't look like you get stretch marks either! That is great! I am hoping not to get any w/ my 3rd - I am in my 33rd week. I should take some pictures. I never really think about it believe it or not. Just sitting around today - what else can I do?I am going to sneak in some housework though in awhile (shhh don't tell my DH). I can't stand a messy house.

Clarissa
He won't hear it from me! ;)

Jen, your pics are great!! I don't know what you were worring about! You look all baby. Now..... I don't think that I will post belly pics for you all, although I've only gained a total of 7 pounds, I look twice as big as Jen. Seriously...

Clarissa--- I will not tell either.

I sweat this kid is going to be a kickboxer or something. I was up for four hours last night because this kid was kicking me from the inside--not painful at all, I could just feel it. It was pretty annoying. I had a client at 5:30 am and went back home to bed after that. I could 2 hours of sleep so now I'm at work. I got my second wind and want to workout, but I'm not going to--better to be safe.

Jen, your pics are great!! I don't know what you were worring about! You look all baby. Now..... I don't think that I will post belly pics for you all, although I've only gained a total of 7 pounds, I look twice as big as Jen. Seriously...

7 pounds??? How far along are you? I thought you were pretty far along. I'm envious. :D

One more thing--what is the absolute tightest, best pair of maternity workout shorts/pants you own? I want a pair!!! I hate feeling my belly jiggle when I do Cathe.

Laura,

I am 33 weeks. I will be 34 weeks on Wednesday.

I don't know about the workout pants though, I haven't really been working out that much. I pretty much spend most of my time in Yoga pants.

Laura,

I am 33 weeks. I will be 34 weeks on Wednesday.

I don't know about the workout pants though, I haven't really been working out that much. I pretty much spend most of my time in Yoga pants.

That is awesome! My german doctors would love you!

Thank you for the compleiments everyone - its nice to hear after having a bad self esteem weekend! no, no stretch marks for me and i hope it stays that way :)

About workout gear, i'm actually just waering the shorts i used to wear and a sports bra. i just wear the shorts low. they are a little tight on my butt and thighs but i forget about that once i get moving. I do not have a problem with my belly jiggling. I am no help with recommending workout gear. Hopefully someone else can help out with suggestions! When i work out the baby is very still. I guess me jumping around doesnt bother her!

Laura - hope you get some rest! I had a night like that a week or two ago. NOT fun at all, especially when you have to get up when its still dark out!

Clarissa - take it easy with the cleaning :) I dont like clutter or messes either. I had no time to tackle my house this weekend. I still have a bit more organizing to do.

Jen - you are ALL belly. you look great girl. I think your weight gain is normal for you and I'll be along the same lines. I'd have to starve myself to gain less and we all know that isn't good.

Hello everyone else. :)

Today I have a THROBBING headache. :( I feel like I"m going to barf. I'm going to take some tylenol and drink alotta water and lay down. I got my dresser inside last night. I cleaned out all the drawers and put the baby clothes in. I think it looks pretty good. A few spots where the polyurethane bubbled(didn't notice till it was dry) but its only really tiny and not too bad. my neighbor came by and said it looked really good. I'll get a pic later. off to lay down. :(

I sweat this kid is going to be a kickboxer or something. I was up for four hours last night because this kid was kicking me from the inside--not painful at all, I could just feel it. It was pretty annoying. I had a client at 5:30 am and went back home to bed after that. I could 2 hours of sleep so now I'm at work. I got my second wind and want to workout, but I'm not going to--better to be safe.

Aha! It is pretty annoying isn't it!? It is cute, but only cute during the day. How about when the baby is sleeping and you get up to pee in the middle of the night and wake him up and you can't get back to sleep!!! UGH!!! LOL!

Skyy: I am 33 weeks along and gained around 16 lbs so far...I personally thought I was doing good. Wow - you are pretty darn good at 7 lbs! You eating enough and everything ?

Clarissa

I do eat... I kind of eat a little bit at a time though out the day. If I eat too much at one time, I get really bad heartburn.

The Dr. just takes 7 pounds as my official weight gain so far.. They don't take in to acount that I gained about 15lbs during my fertility treatments prior to getting pregnant. So in my mind I would say that I gained a total of 22lbs. The first 15lb was the 8 weeks before I got preggos.

jess-- I hope that your headache goes by really fast....I know... no fun..

Skyy - I'm sure you are eating enough. What is normal for one may not be for another. and yeah it probably balances out with what you gained before. Here's hoping we'll all get in super shape after baby. ;)

Laura -hope you get better sleep tomorrow.

Clarissa- sounds like you are doing really good. at 33 weeks and 16 lbs is very good!

My headache is doing better already. I laid in the babys room for a bit (there is a twin bed in there) and stared at the dresser. ha. The room is coming together. That feels pretty good. :)

Just checking in. going to make my boys some lunch. They were doing some school work while I was resting.

Jen, great belly pics! You are getting soooo close! Yippee! As for the bouncy and the entertainer thing, we used the bouncy seat a LOT. For the first couple of months, DS slept in his bouncy seat. He would cry and cry in his crib. We would gently bounce the seat with our toes and he would fall right asleep. I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do, but with my c-section and breastfeeding it was the easiest and most effective. We used a hand-me-down entertainer thing when he got a little older. I can't remember how much he used it though.

Jess, glad to hear your headache is getting better. Can't wait to see pics of the dresser! Very fun!

Clarissa, wow 16 lbs is awesome! I'm 34 wks tomorrow and have gained 28. I definitely plan to kick myself in the rear post-recovery. = )

Laura, no recs on pants/shorts either. I'm still wearing my old pre-preggo shorts too.

Skyy, the letters above Anna's crib are beautiful! Love the brown and pink!!

Okay, off to make some lunch for DS. I'll try to attach some u/s pics...DS is now ascending my lap and about to take over...LOL

Attachments

• emilyface1.jpg
    emilyface1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 15
  • emilyface2.jpg
    emilyface2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 14
Cute ultrasound pictures!

Skyy - that sounds more like it! I always gain a huge amount at the end of each pregnancy - it is crazy. I always think - man I am really doing good and then BAM! I have all this water weight and I end up gaining 8-10 in very few weeks. Mostly in my legs too. Oh well!

Got my diaper genie today in the mail! I am all set now. I just need wipes and baby butt-cleaning products!!

PS - My clients are driving me CRAZY with all the calls about their at-home workouts, but I guess that was to be expected.

oh those pics are adorable! you got some really good face shots. I wish i could share mine but i dont know why it isnt working this time :( its hard to tell whats what anyway and they were scanned. so oh well. i'll just have to post pics of the real thing!! :)

Clarissa - that happened to me too. I was going along fine with my weight gain then all of a sudden i was piling on the pounds - i was still workig out and eating well and i just had no idea what was happening. guess we both had a growth spurt?? The first three months i did nto gain anything at all. Oh well, im doing the best i can and i think most of it is baby, water wieght and the extra stuff that goes on inside. Im sure some of it is fatty tissue, but i'm not too worried. i'll see what happens post baby

jess i hope you feel better soon :)

Hello again,

Clarissa -so you can still work from home or are you not paid for advice on the phone? just curious. hope they leave you alone some.

Tana- cute baby pics :) TFS.

Jen -I'm doing better thanks. I've been resting most of the day though cause my headache was back for a while.

well here are a few snapshots of the babies room so far(dresser and crib). The shine is from the flash on the dresser it is as dark as the crib in real life (dark espresso brown). and then the stroller/carseat.

Last edited:
Jess, I love, love, love the bedding! Looks great with the color of the crib and dresser! I think my stroller (Graco..and part of a travel system) is like that (only 4 yrs older). It's heavy, but sturdy. We never had a problem with it and we'll be using it again.

Thanks, Jen! I was hoping you'd be able to share yours too. The real thing is much better though. And you only have 3 weeks??!!!!! Yea!

Thanks, Clarissa! Has the pelvic/walking pain gone away?

Thanks, Clarissa! Has the pelvic/walking pain gone away?[/QUOTE]

No...I slipped while mopping today (I shouldn't have mopped, I know...) and I pulled it even worse. I am limping b/c when I put pressure on my left foot to walk, it shoots a pain. I believe I will have this for awhile. I read some have to use crutches and/or wheelchair for this and possible surgery or physical therapy post-partum. The birth will aggravate it worse but I fear a c-section, which might be in order from the diastasis of the pubic bone. I just pray it doesn't escalate to that. That is my main reason for my near-bed rest that I am ordered to.

Thank you for asking :)

Hi everyone
Clarissa, please rest! You really need to listen to what the doctor says, you dont want to be on permanent bed rest for the remainder of your pregnancy! You will be so miserable! so take care and recover ok? :) Sending you healing vibes!!

Tana - yup, i'll be 37 weeks on wednesday, kind of hard to beleive. I dont htink im ready yet. STILL HAVENT PACKED MY BAG!!! sigh....maybe this week, but definately this weekend at the latest

Jess the crib and dresser look great!! YOu did a great job staining the dresser :) Thank you for sharing the photos with us. Your stroller is similar to mine, i just have a different color and pattern.

When i got home from work, i was experincing sharp pains down there. I had 3 within a couple mins of each other, then i had another strong one like 10 minutes later. It made me say OUCH really loud :( What is that?? My DH doesnt think contractions feel like sharp pain. I've read contractions and labor is more like really bad menstural cramps. ARe those sharp vaginal pains normal??

anyway i did LIC tonite and felt fine the whole time. i havent had any pains after my workout...

did anyone order STS? I got my shipping notice today :) It will have to wait after baby arrives though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.