An introduction thread !

Fitnik

Cathlete
This has been such a supportive forum to me over the last few months yet I don’t feel I know much about many of you ! If you wouldn’t mind, could you introduce yourselves? I would also be interested to hear from mothers who are not currently pregnant but have words of advice - how about responding to the following questions:-

1) Your name/age/how long you’ve been married or with current partner (!!)
2) Where you live
3) How long you’ve been a Cathe fan
4) Your favourite Cathe tapes - both cardio and/or strength
5) How many children you have, if any, their ages and whether DD/DS
6) If you are pregnant - whether it’s your first, second etc..
7) Words of wisdom about pregnancy
8) Words of wisdom about motherhood

If this is too nosy, please let me know - I will not be offended!

Okay - my responses:-

My name’s Funke and I’m 28 - I’ve been married nearly 4 years but with my DH for a total of nearly 7 years.

2) Where you live

London, England!

For over a year now - Cathe rocks!

4) Your favorite Cathe tapes - both cardio and/or strength

The Wedding tape - step portion - simple linear step choreography the way I like it (cardio); PS-SLA - floor legs section (strength)

No children yet - see response to 6 below !

I am nearly 3 months pg with our first

“Take each day at a time”

“Take each day at a time”

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

Hi,

1. I'm Lisa, 36 years old and this August, my husband and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.

2. We live in Forsyth County, Georgia.

3. In May, I will have been a Cathe fan for 2 years.

4. My favorite cardio is Step Jam or wedding video cardio, and Cardio Kicks. My favorite strength is the PS series (I also use some Firms).

5. I have a 5 year old son. He is the sweetest little boy! He is also the fastest little boy! I can barely catch him anymore.

6. Not pregnant at this time - me and DH are still trying to decide if we will have another. Such a hard decision.

7. Goodness knows, I don't have much words of wisdom. Wish I did! I guess I would say to really enjoy every minute of your pregnancy. The feeling of a baby kicking inside is the most wonderful feeling, even when it's painful (IMO). I loved carrying my baby and would love to be pregnant again and again. But....... can't bring a baby into the world for that reason alone obviously. ENJOY THIS TIME AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!

8. Motherhood words of wisdom.
Do things your way and follow your own heart. Don't allow pressure from family and friends to interfere with how you raise your child. I unfortunately did!

One thing that I did right (probably the only thing!) I very rarely cleaned the house. If it was nice weather, you would find me and my baby outside strolling or exploring the outdoors. Or at the local park. Walking/strolling is good for the stress of motherhood and is certainly good for baby. Me and my son logged many hundreds of miles that first 1 1/2 years (until he wouldn't sit in the stroller anymore!) I'm a lazy housewife, but I feel good that I spent every minute enjoying my baby. Dishes and laundry and cooking are pretty much the only
necessities! Don't look in my closets or cupboards!

Lisa

My name is Michelle. I'm almost 36, and expecting my first baby any day now (EDD 5/9/02). I live in Norwalk, CT--on the coast of the L.I. Sound.

I have been buying Cathe's tapes since her very first tape! I don't even know how many years ago that was!! I love Interval Max, and all of her leg strength workouts.

The only words of wisdom I have for pregnancy is to do what feels good for YOU. Some people expect pregnant women to be like invalids; others expect you to do the same things you always did. It's up to you.

Fun thread!

I am almost 45, and have a 17 year old daughter who is healthy and personable and works out.
I have no current partner, haven't for 15 years and am not looking.
I live in Chapel Hill, NC.
Have been a Cathe fan for 6 years, first tape was PowerMax. My favorites are StepWorks, IMax, PS series, PowerHour and the Slow and Heavies.
What is DD/DS?
Words of wisdom about pregnancy and motherhood: Inform yourself, be openminded to alternatives, and then trust yourself to make the right decision. Don't get so defensive about what other people say.

Fun idea!

1. My name is Erin Ferragut. I'm 34, and have been married for 14 years this summer.

2. I live in Iowa.

3. I've been a Cathe fan for 5 years. I discovered her while I was getting back in shape after my last child.

4. My favorite Cathe strength is the PS series. While I have and do all of her strength workouts, the PS series is the one I com eback to over and over. For cardio I love Step Fit and the step section of MIC. I'm a combo lover, and those are what I choose to put with other workouts sections when I'm looking for a fun workout. :)

5. I have 4 kids: 13 ( DD ), 10 ( DD ), 7 ( DS ), and 5 ( DS )

6. I'm not currently pregnant, although I would very much like to be. My husband isn't crazy about the idea, but isn't totally opposed in practice, hee hee! One of these days my period just might be 9 months or so late. :)

7. Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. This is a precious, special time when you feel and do things that you will only do a few times in your life. The discomforts are a part of the package, but they are overshadowed by feeling your baby move inside of you, watching your tummy grow, knowing that's your baby in there . . .

8. Same as above, except substitute motherhood. Kids really do grow up so fast. I've loved every stage of my kids' development, even those dubbed by "experts" as "terrible." My oldest is starting to show signs of the young woman she is becoming. I cherish that glimpse of who she will be, while I hang onto the memories of a blond, curly-haired toddler with a bowl of oatmeal smeared from head to toe. :) Nothing I do for the rest of my life will ever be as important and lasting as being a mother to these precious gifts.

Erin

OK, I'll play!

My name is Hazel. I'm 35 (really? How'd that happen?), will be married five years on June 14 and DH and I celebrated the sixth anniversary of our first date yesterday (April 24).

2) Where you live

Dallas, Texas, but we're making plans to move to Colorado in a year or two if all goes well.

I think I got my first Cathe (Mega Step Blast) sometime in 1995.

Hmmm . . . this is a toughie. Is it considered a punt if I vote for the CTX series?

I have one daughter, age 21 months.

I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with our second child, a boy. Due August 23, 2002.

Listen to your body and respect what it tells you.

Let it go. Respect your children for who they are, not what you want them to be. Cherish every day -- they grow up way too fast.

I like this thread...because I'm a bit nosy too. Heehee.

Holly & I'm 28. I've been married for a mere 2.5 (or more) months and have known dh for 2.5 years.
2) Where you live
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
Almost a year
Cardio: ?Tough one. MIC, maybe
Strength: Power Hour
Overall: BodyMax
DSS (dear step-son) nearly 11 years old
Never been pregnant. I hope to be someday...but no big hurry! I just stopped taking the Pill in late February. If I am pregnant right now, the fertilized egg should be implanting into my uterine wall at any moment. :)
"It is what it is". Well, I've never been pregnant, so those are my words of wisdom in general (stolen from Dr. Phil, I think).
"It is what it is". Okay, I don't know. Patience, patience, patience! And, one day at a time.

Great thread, Fitnik, thanks! I love your real name -- I've never heard it before.

My real name isn't Stebby, but it sounds sort of like that. I am 40 years old. I've been with my DH for 20 years (we met on my 20th birthday and started dating 6 months later) and we've been married for 14 years (as of this coming May 7).

2) Where you live
Toronto, Canada

About 2 years.

Wedding Tape, Leaner Legs and Cardio Kicks.

No kids yet!

I am pregnant, first time, with a little girl. I am 24 weeeks as of today. Due date is August 18. If you had asked me 3 years ago, I would have told you that I would never, ever have kids. (Fortunately, I'm allowed to change my mind!) Once I got to my late 30s, I realized that one day I would regret it if I never tried to have a kid. So here I am. Both my DH and I are thrilled.

Relax. Try to keep up a healthy eating and exercise program but cut yourself lots of slack.

Ask me in a few months!

RE: Fun idea!

1 : Sami and (I'm counting on my fingers)...36 years old. Married 14 years.

2 : South Central Illinois in a spot called Kinmundy

3 : At least 8 years.....seems I've lost track of time. I was lucky to find Cathe about 6 months after I quit going to the health club to work out. DH bought me a step for Christmas so that way I could come straight home from work to work out. I always had to wait around 1-2 hours after work before any step aerobics classes were offered.

4 : Oh my goodness....the toughest question here. I'm partial to so many of Cathe's tapes. Right now I guess I'm into the Slow and Heavy Series. Been seeing great results from them and can't seem to put them on the shelf for a needed rest. Interval Max and me are getting there....the last interval is TOUGH!

5 : DD-Tori 9 years & DD-Karli 14months

6 : Not Pregnant....but my DH was suppose to get fixed after our last but he isn't so sure now. So maybe there will be a third one. I see alot of you (Thank Goodness)are also in their 30's with younger ones. So many people told me I was to old to have more.

7 : Smile when people give "advice" you don't really want. Why does everyone else know your body better than you do? Take that picture of your 8-9 month belly....you think its not attractive but when you look back on it later its pretty cool!

8 : Don't schedule your life so full that you don't have any free time with your family. That's when all the fun stuff happens!

I don't usually post (but read up on all you girls everyday!). I guess I'm feeling chatty today so here goes -

1) My name is Diane and I'm 47 yrs old (eeek!). I've been married for almost 19 years to a really wonderful man (who puts up with my fitness insanity)

2) I live in sunny Southern California

3) I've been a Cathe fan for 7 years. When my son was a baby, my sister noticed that my biceps were developing from carrying around the baby carrier. I thot it was so cool - I wanted to make 'em bigger!

4) My favorite tapes are Rhythmic Step (I'm a dancer at heart) and Slow and Heavy series.

5) I have 3 kids - 25 year old son (yes 25), an 11 year old daughter and a 7 year old son (I'll do the math for you, I was 39 when I had him and there were absolutely no problems with the pregnancy)

6) If I'm pregnant now, someone please shoot me! I'm really looking forward to being a grandma - gotta find a girl for my oldest son first tho!

7) Words of wisdom on pregnancy - I've read your posts Fitnik and I worry about all the negative things you've been hearing. Try not to let them affect you and hurt you so much. When you get a little older you tend to trust yourself more and care a little less about what others think. Your DH's opinion is the only one that really matters - listen to him!

8) Here is my favorite piece of advice for parenting - repeat this to yourself as often as necessary - "We'll get this worked out before he/she goes to the Prom!" The things that will worry you (or absolutely gross you out!) will in time work themselves out. My son did not go to prom in diapers and my daughter no longer sucks her thumb and even my youngest figured out that picking his nose at pre-school was not cool. Try to focus on the big picture and raise happy, productive, loving human beings and don't sweat the small stuff that they really will outgrow.

I wish all of you who are expecting a wonderful and joyous experience!

Hi everyone!

I'm Erica and I'm 34 years old. Next week is my 15th wedding anniversary and my husband and I have been together for 16 1/2 years.

I live in Chardon, OH - about 40 minutes east of Cleveland.

I've been a Cathe fan for 4 years.

My favorite Cathe strength workouts - a tie between CTX strength work and Slow & Heavy. Favorite cardio - tough one! I'll have to go with Power Max and Interval Max.

I have three boys - my oldest is 11 and I have twin boys who are 7 1/2.

I am pregnant with my 4th child - a girl - and I am due 8/14, so I'm 24 weeks along now.

Words of wisdom during pregnancy would be to listen to your body - rest when you are tired, enjoy activity when you have energy, give in to those cravings - I believe they are there for a reason most of the time, etc. Don't be afraid to call your doctor if you are worried about something.

Words of wisdom about motherhood - that's a tough one!! I guess I would have to say to make sure that you spend lots of time with your kids and enjoy them. They grow so quickly!

Erica

1) Susan, 33, married for 3 years... we were engaged after a 2 month courtship and married after 6 mos.! Most wonderful decision of my life :)
2) mid-coast Maine
3) When I was pregnant with my 1st son, Sheila (who was my prenatal exercise instructor... how lucky was I?? :) kept recommending this site for good pregnancy-fitness info. I never stopped by, though, until this pregnancy! I have to admit that I've never done a Cathe video!!! But I'm planning on ordering a couple after this baby's born... I hear nothing but good things about her videos
5) 1 son - 26 mos... our 2nd little boy is due May 20th
6) 2nd and probably last...
7) Sometimes you feel a little out of control when you are pregnant... the extra pounds, the discomfort, and all of that... but, really, when you think about it, this is just the beginning the sacrifice... and, it's important to put all of the pregnancy woes in perspective. This is just a season of our lives... and the changed body can be an opportunity for empowerment. Just look at what our bodies can do!
8)Oh my goodness -- just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Spend time getting into their world and remembering how amazing childhood is. Learn about life all over again. Remember what it feels like to check yourself out in a mirror and love every bit of what you see... My son's only 2, and I already know that it all goes by way too quickly.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-02 AT 10:48PM (Est)[/font][p]1. Kim/33/married almost 4 years/known each other for *gulp* 18 years!
2. Utah
3. I found out about Cathe in December and have been addicted since.
4. My favorites are the CTX series and rhythmic step
5. DD (2) and ? (due 12/11/02)
6. pregnant with #2
7. it's the longest and shortest nine months of your life
8. have a sense of humor

:) Kim

This is a great thread Fitnik!
1) My name is Becky and I'm 33. I've been married to my dh for 10 1/2 years.

2) I live in Indianapolis, Indiana.

3) I've been a Cathe fan since 1994. She helped me get back in shape after my first daughter and has helped me keep my shape!

4) My favorite Cathe tapes are: Rhythmic Step for aerobics and Slow and Heavy for strength training
5) I have two daughters who are 8 and 5.

6) I am almost 16 weeks pregnant with my third!! I'm due on October 14th (my older daughter's birthday).

7) My advice on pregnancy, like so many others, is to listen to your body and do what feels right and to take each day one at a time. And remember, don't stress about the extra weight (you will be able to lose it with healthy eating and your favorite Cathe tapes!) . The payoff for the weight gain and discomfort is the best thing in the world- a baby!

8) Gosh, I guess my words of wisdom of motherhood are to enjoy every moment that you have with them. Children change and grow up so quickly. With my second grader, I'm already feeling that in many ways dh and I are being replaced by peers. Very sad!! Oh, and keep them as innocent as you can for as long as you can.

Hello all!

1. My name is Jennifer,I'm 31.
2. Married to DH for 2 1/2 years, together for 9.
3. Pregnant with first child. 20 weeks now, due 9/9 - by which time I'll be 32!
4. Been a Cathe fan since her first tape. I'm an instructor and when I wanted to learn how to step, I got a boot-legged version from I don't know who but I became an instant fan.
5. Favorite tape: Step Heat; just got into the strength tapes so i don't know which I like yet.
6. Words of wisdom for pregnancy and impending mother: reverse of proper exercise breathing - deep breath when it's difficult and exhale on the ease...;)

1)Christina (family & friends call me Christy), 32. Hubby and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary next month. We were together for 4 years before that. He's younger than me so I actually have some really funny pictures of us (big hair and all) from his senior prom.
2) Austin, TX
3) About 3 years I think.
4) PS CST, BBA, Power Hour, Step Heat, Power Max
5) 1 DS who will be 4 in May.
6) Not pregnant right now. Planning on trying for number 2 late this year.
7) Enjoy it; even the tough parts. It goes so fast.
8) Trust yourself and your instincts about what is best for your family. Don't let anyone else make you second guess what is best for your baby. You will know your baby better than anyone else.

Hi there!

1. My name is Liz and I am 32 years old, I have known my DH for 16 years (that's half my life...wow) and been married for nearly 6.

2. I live in the Hunter Valley, Australia, which is two hours north west of Sydney.

3. I only discovered Cathe when I heard about this forum and I've yet to try any tapes, but looking forward to trying some post partum.

4. I have a DD, Sarah, who is 2 and a half.

5. I am 18 weeks pregnant with #2

6. Words of wisdom about pregnancy: Thank goodness it's only nine months! Hang in there!

7. Words of wisdom about motherhood: You may not always fit into the mould of what many people say a mother should be, but you are always a good enough Mommy.

My name is Lisa and I have been married for 7 1/2 years and been with my hubby for 14 years.
2) Where you live
We live in NE Pennsylvania
about 6 years
probably step works and power hour
None so far
Pregnant with my first at 12 weeks
enjoy knowing that you have a new life growing inside of you.
Don't know yet!!!

I'm a little late to this thread but here goes...

1) Dana/38/been married almost 9 years, with DH for a total of about 12 years.
2) Dallas, TX
3) Been a Cathe fan since 1998 I think. My first Cathe tapes were MIS and MIC when they first came out.
4) Favorite Cathe tapes - hmmm... CTX series for Cardio and S&H and Power Hour for strength
5) No other children.
6) I am almost 20 weeks pregnant with our first (a girl) after many miscarriages. This is the first pregnancy that made it past 8 weeks and everything has gone smoothly so far.
7) Be thankful (this is advice to myself as much as anyone else. I try and remind myself when I start getting depressed about weight gain, discomfort etc. I know my DD will be worth it!)
8) None yet.....

Hey, cool, I think I'm the oldest pregnant chick here! (Didn't mention that I'll be 41 when I deliver.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.