I'm half way there and it's a girl!!!

LizN

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

Just to mention I'm halfway (20 weeks) and have just found out I am having a girl (I already have one DD). I'm absolutely delighted to be having two of the same!

Tell me is it an American thing to find out with your ultrasound, because most of my friends Down Under are horrified that I "ruined" the surprise. I think differently. Giving birth is surprising enough for me!

Cheers,
Liz N

Congratulations Liz on your baby girl - that's wonderful!
I agree with you about giving birth being enough of a surprise! I love knowing the gender of my own kids and others as well!
Congratulations again!
Erica

Congratulations!! I couldn't stand the wait either and simply had to find out. Congrats on hitting the halfway mark too - I'm just about 1 1/2 weeks ahead of you. Have you felt her move yet? I'm feeling more and more movement every day. I love it! Now, if you think of any good names please pass them along to me. :)

Dana

It's nice to know in advance!

Oh the debate over whether or not to find out the sex of the child - another hot issue when having a baby! I definitely want to know what our little on will be so I can buy the right colour clothes etc..!

Congratulations on your discovery!

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

Congrats!!

I got the opposite reaction when I decided to be surprised. No one could believe that I didn't find out. My sisters just think I'm not telling them. Ha!

It's so nice to have choices.

-Nancy

Hey Liz! Congratulations! I am 22 weeks with my first and though we have decided not to find out the sex, I can appreciate the decision either way. I must say, though I am American, I find that my other-worldly friends "approve" my decision not to find out while my American friends seem almost wistful about my decision. An interesting observatiion/question though.

I don't think you ruined the surprise for yourself at all. I'm sure having two DS's will yield many more;)

Congratulations! Another girl..ahh. It's so cool to see how much they will or will not look like each other...and the cute outfits you can pull out again!!
Where we live, there is not a choice on finding out the sex, as a matter of fact, you are warned on the ultrasound sheet..don't even ask (some must beg) the tech. It's been two surprises for us and unless I have an amnio, it will be again. I must say though, that it is pretty cool to give birth and they give the baby to you and you are just marvelling at this little miracle and no one checks. I think the doctor finally said with our second daughter, shall I check what you have there or...we were too busy bawling. :) Either way, its great! Imagine if they are wrong..what a HUGE surprise that would be, and I'm sure for most not a bad one, just a really cool story to tell the child as he/she grows up.

Congratulations, Liz! Is Sarah excited? Now you just have to pick a name . . .

I didn't realize it was considered an "American" thing to find out the babies' sex, although I do recall people being flabbergasted that we decided not to find out before Lauren was born -- one friend said it was "old-fashioned" of us -- I mean, how were they supposed to throw me a baby shower if we didn't know whether it was a boy or girl? How would we pick a name? I was glad not to know last time -- it was fun to have the surprise of having the doctor announce "It's a girl!" (and believe me, it was quite a surprise, since everyone else was of the opinion that we were having a boy). This time, though, I wanted to know so I could help Lauren prepare and make it a little more real for her (and it does seem to have made the baby a bit more real for me to, since we're already calling him by name).

Anyway, thanks for sharing the good news! Best to you and your family.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.