I had a .............

leighanntx1

Cathlete
BOY!! I am so surprised. I was sure I was having a little girl. Hagan Christopher was born on Monday the 24th at 5:18 am. He was two weeks early and 8 lbs. 4 ozs. We love him more than life itself!

Breastfeeding is going well. The first few days were tough. My nipples were cracked and bleeding, I kept getting engorged and he would choke because I had so much milk. It is all working itself out and I just pump a little and freeze if I start to get uncomfortable. I am donating my frozen milk to mothers of preemie babies through Hagan's doctor so I do not mind having so much.

I did try to go natural but after 9 hours and still only a 5, I got the epidural. My water broke on Sunday at about 1pm and he was born about 17 hours later. Labor sucked but I would do it again in a second to have another little baby. He is quiet, loving and only gets me up about 3 times at night:)

Thanks to all of you that were so supportive and had so much information during my (and everyone else's) pregnancy. You all helped a first time Mom more than you can ever imagine!!!

Leigh Ann

Congratulations Leigh Ann! I'm glad that everything went well. Wow - Hagan was big for being two weeks early!

Hope you are feeling well and getting some rest.

Erica

Congratulations on your new arrival! How wonderful he has a quiet disposition. Enjoy these newborn days - they really do fly by quickly!
Diana

Congratulations! These wonderful birth stories are more and more meaningful and reassuring to me as our big day approaches.

What great news! You must be so happy to have delivered a bit early.

Love, love, love the name too!

Congratulations Leigh Ann!!! I really like the name-I've never heard of it before.

Aren't you glad he came a bit early at over 8lbs?:)

I am so glad that nursing is working out for you and little Hagan. I think it's wonderful that you are donating your extra milk- you're doing a wonderful thing.

You're right about these forums, the women here are amazing.

Does the hospital post baby photos? Could you post the link so we can see your new little one?

Congrats again,

congratulations leigh ann! so glad everything went well and you seem to be figuring things out quite well. what a big boy you had! were you surprised he was early or did you kind of know?

enjoy your baby

Congratulations, Leigh Ann. I'm glad everything went so well. Get lots of rest and enjoy that baby:)

Maggie

Leigh Ann, Congratulations to you and little Hagan! Hope all continues to go well. Enjoy every moment!

Thanks for all of the well wishes!

We knew he would probably come early because he was so large but my doctor had no intentions of inducing so I am glad we went early on our own. And he is still growing. We had his 2 week appt. yesterday and he is now 9 lbs 12 ozs! He also has a cold so rest for me will have to wait another week or so :(

You can see pictures of Hagan at growingfamily.com. Click on Oct. 24th and then Hagan B. The password is Burnett. I can not believe how much he has already changed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.