I guess this pregnancy wasn't meant to be...

bmccartney

Cathlete
Yesterday I noticed pain in my right side, the side that always hurts when I ovulate. It got worse and this morning when I woke up I started bleeding. I took a digital test again and it actually said "not pregnant." So my OB advised me to go to the ER, where they did the blood test. I only have a hcg level of 9.0 now so it likely dropped from when I got a positive on Tuesday. I have an appointment with my OB on Monday to get my blood tested again to make sure that the hcg will keep dropping. She doc didn't say for sure that it's a miscarraige and that my cervix was still closed, but I'm bleeding heavier and heavier as the day goes on. We've been trying for 1.5 years. We are so happy with Taylor and if she's the only child that we can have then we are so blessed. I just don't know what to do with myself right now. I feel like a part of me is missing even though it was so early on. DH says to try and take my mind off of it. I'm not sure how to do that? I can't help but think it was something I did, like exercise too much, or what if I took progesterone to help maintain my lining...my temps were quite low even after ovulation. I need to just make it until Monday when hopefully I can get some answers.

Bethany - I am so sorry. I hope it's not a miscarriage. :( Try to take care of yourself. Thinking of you and your family.
Erica

NO!!!! Bethany! I am sooooooooo sorry. This totally sucks & is unfair :(

Hopefully the bleeding is not indicative of a miscarriage....but if it is, know that most miscarriages are due to chormosomal defects & not by anything that you did/didn't do.

We're here for you, girlie. (hugs)(hugs)

Well I think I've fully accepted it by now. The bleeding got worse and worse as the day progressed yesterday and today it's very red, thick, and heavy. The pain in my right side is now just a dull ache, which is better. I'm not supposed to work out until the pain and bleeding stop, which is ironic for me since it's the best form of therapy! I'm planning on bringing in my chart of temps to the doc on Monday. I don't know if she'll even be interested, but my temps were so low (they always are) and I DON'T want this to happen if/when we get pregnant again if it's a low progesterone issue.

I appreciate the hugs and support more than you all could imagine.

Hi Bethany,

I too just wanted to say how very sorry I am to hear that you're going through this. I hope the doctors have something positive to tell you tomorrow.

Carrie

Bethany,

I am so very sorry!!!!!! I was so hopeful for you. I know you are devastated, but know that you have tried everything to make this happen. Only God knows the reasons. Please keep us posted after your doctors visit.

Melanie

I had my F/U with the nurse-midwife today. She just did a pelvic exam and sent me to get blood drawn at a lab for the HCG levels. She said the good news is that we know I can get pregnant (fallopian tubes are open, husband's sperm is fine). I brought my charts and showed her my concerns of low temps and short luteal phases. She didn't think that it was an issue...that it was likely a chromosomal defect for it to happen this early. So we'll have to wait until the HCG level returns to 0 before we can try again, which shouldn't take long. I just want to stop bleeding and move on.

Melanie, how are you doing? What happened with the progesterone issue?

Bethany-I have had 2 m/c. With the fist, levels came down fast and bleeding was over in a day or so. With the 2nd it took 6 weeks for levels to come down completely. Im hoping yours go down quick and you can move on!

Thanks Susan, I hope my levels go down fast too.

I have a (maybe stupid) question: the last 2 days I've done higher impact workouts (MMA Boxing and Athletic Step) and I've had more bright red blood. It's day 5 of bleeding and it seemed like it was slowing down prior to the workouts. I'm thinking I should stop with the impact until the bleeding stops, but if that blood was going to come out anyway it shouldn't matter, right? I just want to get back to my routine.

Hey Bethany,

I plant to take the progeterone w/the next + pg test. I figure it can't hurt, and I've gotten good feedback in general from others who have tried it. However, my hubby got laid off so we are not TTC yet, plus I just passed my 3 mo. waiting period before TTC. Maybe this spring we'll try again.

I did want to say that even though this is a terrible loss to go through, I am relieved for you to know that you can get pg again. I know you've been TTC for a long time now, so at least the question re: can you get pg is off your shoulders. I know, it is no consolation. Just trying to find a "silver lining" for you.
Mel

I found out that my HCG levels are back down to 0 now! The nurse said that we can try again, but to wait at least 2 more weeks before having sex. I'm still bleeding quite a bit, I think doing the high impact was a bad idea.:(

Melanie, sorry to hear your DH lost his job. I hope the progesterone works for you!! I AM relieved that we can get pregnant, you're right. Hopefully we'll both be pregnant and have healthy babies someday soon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.