I am so excited to join you!!!

Beccat

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I have been working out to Cathe for the last 3 1/2 years and have always enjoyed reading this forum. Now I am so excited that I get to join in. My baby is due 4/1/06. I live in St. Paul, Minnesota and I have two little boys, Noah, 8 and Abraham, 5, so this is baby # 3 for my husband and I. I am in better shape going into this pregnancy than I was for my other two, but I am already feeling my body getting "soft". I am going to do the best I can to keep myself fit throughout this pregnancy. I am sure the support from this forum will be a huge help to me with this goal. :)

So far, I have been feeling pretty well...just extremely tired. Luckily, I am a school social worker, so I have the summer off, but that will change when we go back to school in a couple weeks.

I was in the process of training for a 10 mile race (which takes place in early October) when I found out I was pregnant....hopefully this will be OK to participate in. I will check with my Doc when I have my first appt, but I am curious if any of you are runners and how long into your pregnancy you were able to run.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to celebrating with you!

Becca :)

Hi Becca. Welcome! Congrats on your pregnancy. I"m not a runner so I can't help you in that department. I'm sure one of the other ladies will be able to offer you some great advice.

It's great to have you here! :)

Congrats Becca and welcome! You will much enjoy the company over here, the girls are great. Good luck on your race - that is my goal one day - I made it up to only 6.5 in December, then cold winter weather hit, then I got pregnant:7 - I'll pick it back up next year. Let us know what your doc says! :)

Congratulations Becca! I hope you have a great pregnancy, and are able to run for awhile more. As far as I know, there's no reason to stop if you're feeling alright, and your pregnancy is considered "normal." Good luck!!

Sandra

Running while pregnant?! I bow to you! (I can't do it when I'm not pregnant. ;) )

Welcome to the group, Becca!

Congrats, Becca!! I'm due in April also, with my first.

As for running, can't help you there. Running and I are like oil and water :)

Welcome! I am still running, but the most I have been doing it 5 miles. I am pretty sure anything you did before is okay during, but just don't try to run it in record speed and make sure you drink lots of water. Good luck to you! I also suggest a pregy belt to wear later on if you conitue to run. It will support the belly and help it not bounce around when you are running! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.