hyperemesis gravidarum and Phenergan

luprisi

Cathlete
I am extremely desperate. I am 8 weeks pregnant and 2 weeks ago I was hospitalized with dehydration and got IV fluids. They prescribed me phenergan and reglan and told me to alternate then evry 4 hrs. I am sleeping all day lon (mainly the phenergan). I have been taking them on/off just when needed, but today I have felt very very sick. I haven't been able to keep anything down and I'm afraid that I may get dehydrated again. Hve anybody taken Phenergan during pregnancy and had a healthy baby? I now is Category C and my first app. with the Ob-Gyn is wednesday but I can't help it but to feel bad with this constant burning in my chest and throwing up all the time.

Also, have any of you taken anything safer that Phenergan that DOES not induce dizziness?

Thanks

Priscilla,
I'm so sorry you're going through this!! I took Zofran, which was a life saver!! I still was nauseous but at least could hold down food/water. I didn't have dizziness with it but I think it caused some headaches. Sorry I don't know much about Phenergan. My SIL took it and she was pregnant the same time I was. My niece turned out just fine...however, my SIL said the Phenergan didn't help her that much.

(((HUGS)))

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.