Hemorrhagic cyst??

MARY1616

Cathlete
Hello, I was wondering if anyone was familiar with hemorrhagic cysts
(h.c.) I went for my first sono yesterday and I was told that i have 3 cysts on my right ovary. One of them is pretty small, now the h.c. is 5.2 cm and the fluid filled is 5.0 cm big. My ovary is also enlarged to about 6cm . I was hoping that my dr would call me today and give me some insight, but nothing as of yet. I am concerned about working out and lifting my ds. If anyone knows anything about them please let me know. Thanks

I don't know anything about this, but if your ob was concerned, wouldn't he/she have told you. Maybe you could call your advice nurse and she could shed some light on it for you. I've done this with various "scares" throughout my pregnancy.

edited to add--that I reread your post more carefully and saw that you were awaiting the doctors call--well, I'd call and nag or at least talk to the doctor on call if you can't get your own doctor. Hey that's what they get paid for. Sometimes I don't think the doctors realize how much we worry about things--we want to know NOW.

keep us posted
Maggie

I have had a cyst on my right ovary for at least 5 years...it was found during my first pregnancy...they say it's a cyst that forms normally with a pregnancy, but goes away after about 10 weeks into the pregnancy (a corpus lutem cyst) though mine never went away. They weren't worried unless it ruptured or twisted, which was highly Unlikely...especially after the uterus surrounded it and essentially cushioned it.
I was supposed to have it removed or drained laproscopically after I had my first baby, but now four years and two pregnancies later, we forgot until my ultrasounds, then they talked about removal again.

Now I am on my third and have yet to have an ultrasound to see if it's still there.

When I found out about it I googled it...maybe you could do the same since I think our cysts are a little different!

Let us know what the doc says!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.