Help! What is the best size step to buy (especially if...

lanesv

Hi!
Please help, I'm new to Cathe (but have been dedicated to health and fitness since the birth of my daughter 2 yrs. ago), and plan on purchasing the basic step & body fusion workout as well as the new beg/int. series. I understand that the step that is included in the set will be a smaller surface area than the more expensive steps out there (which are a larger surface area).

Here's my question, what is the best size step to purchase for somebody who is new to step aerobics, and planning on doing these workouts while pregnant (we're planning on trying for #3 this Fall)? Let me know if you think the smaller step that will be included in the Target package deal will be a good one.
I know I could probably save some $$ by purchasing the package deal that will be sold at Target, but I also want to make sure I get a quality step that I can grow with as an exerciser.

Okay, thanks so much!!! I'm sooooo excited to get started with Cathe, I think it will help me to start reaching the next level of my fitness goals:)All of you ladies in this forum are such an inspiration to me.

Stacey,
I would recommend the original health club step. I bought mine about 7 years ago & it's my most used exercise equipment. Worth every penny. :)

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

RE: Help! What is the best size step to buy (especiall...

Thanks so much!
I was thinking that the larger step would really be a better investment too. I like the idea of having a bit more surface area to move around on, especially as I'm new to these types of workouts.

Good luck with your 3rd pregnancy!! How exciting:)

Stacey,

I totally agree with Melanie. The original club size step is the only way to go even if you are new to these workouts and like you said, you'll grow into it. Oh, and you'll love the Basic Step/ Body Fusion workouts- They're great for pregnancy.

Good luck with everything. Oh, and welcome:)

Oh, in case you didn't see it - if you preorder her new workouts you'll get free shipping on any of Cathe's other workouts and they'll be shipped immediately. It was a deal I couldn't pass up:)

Thanks Wendy!
After seeing the responses back to my question, I definitely think the larger step just makes more sense. I'm so excited to get started on these. I think I'm going to purchase Basic Step/Body Fusion, as well as the new series.

How exciting that you're expecting your first baby!! Best of luck through the remainder of your pregnancy, and I continue to be AMAZED at all of these fit mamas that are part of this forum:) It's very inspiring!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.