Has anyone ever...

eternalEfit

Cathlete
received a 2nd ultrasound to determine gender?
I had my 1st 20 week u/s and the baby's legs were crossed so I couldn't find out. With my 1st baby, 9 years ago, I didn't care to know but this time I feel like things are so crucial that if I don't find out, it'll kill me! So I went ahead and scheduled another one after my 29th week but I still need to keep in mind that I may still not be able to find out. The downer of this 2nd scan is that it's NOT covered by my insurance so we've got to fork out $134. But, maybe I'll have more peace of mind once I know exactly to call this baby Quenton or Kierstyna!!
Myra:)

The baby had umbilical cord loops between its legs on my ultrasound, but they found little circles and told me it was a boy. The little circles turned out to be the umbilical cord, so I now have a daughter named Logan. I know ultrasounds are much better than they were in 1984, but sometimes even when they "know" they don't! Take their pronouncements with a grain of salt!

Hi Myra! Lots of luck on your second ultrasound. Although nothing is ever absolutely certain, I think you will have better luck finding out the sex the second time around. Hopefully they will guess the gender correctly, which more times than not this is the case. I like how you spelled Kierstyna :)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.