Growing Mom's Check in Week of May 24th

melanalyus

Cathlete
Good AM ladies! I hope everyone's enjoying their long weekend.

Church is in 2 hours, I hope I'm able to make it,...I've missed the last 2 weeks. DH doesn't attend church with us,...so I have to have enough energy to run after our wee-ones if they get out of hand. ;) I"m also the nursery leader & a new schedule needs to go up for summer.

I pretty much just slept yesterday. I feel like such a sloth. No metallic taste in my mouth yesterday,...which was a nice break. I tried to drink a high-calorie protein Boost drink, but it tasted too sweet. I still have spuratic brown discharge, and now a slight odor,...wondering if my vaginal infection wasn't completely erradicted? I didn't vomit at all yesterday, which was nice,...but it helps that I"m able to lay down whenever I feel myself becoming ill. This AM I already had quite the spell,...dry heaves though (belly empty) which makes me feel like I'm going to choke. :mad:

Oakie Doakie. Well I'm off to try to get some clothes done. I can't wait to try some of those receipes once my belly stops raging!!!!! :p

Melanie- Glad to hear no metallic taste but sorry to hear about the dry heaves! Hope you were able to make it to church!

Susan- DH is a police officer and he works a 2p-2a shift. It's nice cause I spend a little time with him before he goes to work but then I get the house to myself the WHOLE afternoon to clean and do whatever. He works in the same city we live in so he comes home for dinner and visits too. Good luck on the 5 mile walk!

m1-egg beaters, ww eng muff, banana
m2- kashi go lean, oj
m3-veggie pasta again (I have some leftovers) ;)

I did CC vol 8 on the TM this AM. Only did the first two challenges which total about 40 min. My poor body feels more tired from working out today but the stretching feels wonderful on all my aching joints!

Going to get some cleaning done and will check back later!

Susan, good luck on the 5 mile walk today! DD and I have done a few 9 mile walks the past couple months (she in her stroller), but it's been really warm the last couple weekends. I have no desire to push a 3 year old in a stroller!

Jen, that's great that DH can come home for dinner during his shift :) The one thing I miss about not having kids is having the house to myself (doesn't that sound awful?!). I love my alone time! I stay up until 1:30 or 2 every night, because that's when the house is quiet.

Melanie, I hope you start feeling "whole" again soon. Seems if it's not one thing, it's another. Do you think it's because there are two kiddos in there messing with you? ;)

As for freezer meals, yep -- why not?! The meals I'm making now probably won't last until September, because I'm sure when it's good and hot, I won't want to cook. But, I'm not afraid of a little freezer burn ;)

It is feeling grossly humid here today. I'm pondering taking the plunge and flipping on the A/C.

Hey, just a thought...

I'm on the pregnancy check-in thread on the Cooking Light boards, too. The first post of the monthly thread (it's monthly, not weekly) has a list of each member's name and due date.

Do you guys think that would be helpful?

I can put it together. Just post or PM me your screen name, your real name if you want, your due date, and the baby's gender if you know it/want to share it. :D

PennStater, I think that's a great idea!

melanalyus/Melanie Dec 15th Twins

I took several naps already today. Typical day for me, nowadays. My pg symptoms are at least doubled from previous ones,...double hormones, I suppose. I'm trying to fight depression, I'm excited to be pregnant, just not enjoying the pg so far. This will be my last pregnancy, I want to enjoy it,... oh how I long to be over this hump!!!!

Allison great idea..thanks so much!!
Susank41,Susan..girl due on Oct 16

Jen-that is a good schedule. I love having the hosue to myself to get stuff done!! Does it not wake you up when he comes home? Hey..when the baby comes he can just take over at 2am..:p:p Good job on your meals today.
Haley never once took a bottle so dh couldnt help out. Haley is really wanting to feed the baby so I might pump on occasion and let her help out. Nursing is just so darn easy.

mine so far
m2bean salad...1/2 Fiber ONe bar or as Haley calls them..toot bars..haha
m3 veggie soup, and a small brownie..darn leftovers

Tonight everyone wants homeade pizza. Im making a bbq chicken one for me on ww tortilla. My favorite..baby back ribs tomorrow!!!!!

I did get my miles in...I wasnt really into it though.

Oh and Melanie-the first 3 months of my pregnany I was very depressed. I reemmber being that way with Haley. I had to fight it everyday. Then all of a sudden I felt happy and like myself afaid. Hang in there girlie!

Oh Jen, why don't you like your elliptical anymore? Is it boring?

DD wants on the computer. She talks to her buddy in Nashville and they email each other while on the phone...girls!!!
BBL

Thanks Susan. I'm beginning to have quite a bit of mommy-guilt too. I've wanted this pg for 3 years,...why can't I just push through this? Urgh

BTW, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my elliptical machine & miss it dearly. :D

Melanie-hang in there!!! You'll be over this hump before you know it! Those feelings will pass..promise.

I have had a spin bike and loved it. I sold it only because I nearly got what I paid for it...it was a revmaster and I paid dearly for it. I had planned to get another spin bike..just havent yet. I thought I may like an ellpitcal for something different. I have been researching them and if I get one it will be the Smooth 3.2. It gets the best reviews for what I want to pay..and the stride is shorter.

I cannot believe I am 20 weeks this week. Half way!!! I feel her moving around all the time now.

Dh and Haley are watching Star Wars. I have been getting the ribs rubbed down and ready to grill tomorrow. YUMMO I am full of energy tonight. Been mopping floors etc.

Well, Im off for now. See you guys tomorrow.

Happy Memorial Day Mommies!
I am just finisnhing meal 1..an apple, toast with pb.
I think Im going to try ME today..been a while since I have done that one.

Slept pretty darn good last night. Bed at 10, up to pee at 1 and 4 got up at 6..that is really good for me..Im feeling good today.

Its still raining. HOpefully it won't mess up my grilling of the ribs! I am master of the grill when it comes to chicken and ribs....dh does the burgers and steaks.

I just ordered a couple more tee's from GapMaternity..they are so comfy!

Melanie that looks like an awsome elliptical!!! I cant go quite that high..my limit is 1500..the spin bike I want is 750..decisions decisions.

I have bored you guys enough with my exciting life!! BBL

Allison- I agree, good idea!
Sweetpea1, Jen, Due Nov. 9 Will know gender in a few weeks

Susan- I'm so used to hearing DH come home that I wake up for a few and think "He's home" and then fall right back asleep. It's nice cause sometimes if I can't sleep I have someone to talk to. Then usually I fall asleep and he still wants to talk. :) I've thought about the feedings too. ;)
Oh and the elliptical we got is just small and has too much resistance. I never get moving very fast on it and never feel like I get a good cardio workout. We got it when ellipticals were first popular and didn't have any idea what we were looking at. We have both agreed that we would like to get rid of it and get a newer model. Don't get me wrong, we love ellipticals! Especially cause of DH's bad back. I'm hoping I can convince him before the baby comes that we can get a new elliptical but we will see.

Allison- That doesn't sound awful at all. I love when DH is working cause I love the house to myself. Sometimes I find myself getting aggravated with him if he comes home too much when he's working. But we've talked about it and he understands because he is off during the week when I am at work and he gets it.

Well, we are deciding if we want to chance the rain here in Florida and take our jet skis out or hang out around the house today. Hope everyone has a great day! Happy Memorial Day!

I think I may need to go try out a few stride lenghts before I settle on one. From reading everything I have I am reccommended to get a stride of 18"....but after hearing Jens prob with hers I might want to try longer strides..just in case. Jen do you know the stride length of yours?
Im off to workout and hang with the fam.

My elliptical self-adjusts for all strides. :D I think I ended up paying $2500 for mine, shipped directly to the house. I intend to have it forever, so hopefully a good investment. I thought it'd be a great non-impact type exercise for pregnancy. *sigh* I'm still spotting lightly, so that's off limits still. *sigh*

Just finished Circuit Max. I had never done this one before. I got the dvd for Cardio Kicks which I have done a million times....so I thought what the heck I'll try it. I kept it low impact and it was just ok for me. Not one I will pull out often..at least while pregnant.

Melanie-I know you are missing working out..that may be contributing to your depression too. Hang in there!!! Your babies will thank you for it!

Hi there everyone. It has been awhile since I posted, my son has been soooo sick. Last night we turned the corner, thank goodness. I have been in tears all week. Partly from beign frustrated and tired, and because my son turns into the devil when he is sick. Ahhh, he is back. Lots fo kissses and hugs last night. And no coughing! Woohoo and three cheers for Omnicef (although the colitis that comes with it is not too pretty).
I am feeling good, just chubby! Wish I could post my meals, but I think many of you will be embarassed for me. I realized by looking at all your posts that I eat a lot. A whole lot.
I went on a long run yesterday with husband and son in the jogging stroller, almost 10 miles. We went out for brunch after and it was great. I am so glad to feel partly normal again. I was battling some depression along the way. Funny how you want to be pregnant so badly adn when it comes around, you go into a funk. I missed my exercise, cocktails in the backyard on the weekends, my energy, freaking out about having two, the possibility of moving before delivery.... Too much! But a long run smoothed it over, and I am ready for a healthy and happy Memorial Day. Hope you are all well. I will catch up on everyone slowly. I am TERRIBLE with names and I cannot blame pregnancy. I am just terrible at them. :):rolleyes:

Melanie- can you do light swimming? I know you have to take it easy, but that was GREAT for my nausea. The chlorine blocks all smells and i got a little exercise, too...

I have a swimming excuse!!! The water is tooooo cold! Seriously, I have yet to find a pool that I enjoy going into b/c it's always so darn cold!! Brrrr. I tend to be on the cold side to begin with,......hottubs are good,....but too hot whilst pg. Actually, we're blessed to have our own hottub room, should talk DH into turning tempt down to a safe temp 100?? So I can soak a little. My body seems tight and sore (probably from all my napping). LOL

Christine, I'm glad everyone's on the mend over there!!! And that's AWESOME news that you're feeling better! How far along are you again?

Wendy, we haven't found out the sex for our either,...in the past. But with twins we'll have more preparation to do and such. I think we'll find out this time. :D

I do not know if it is only in CA or not, but at 12 weeks, you must see a perinatologist to get a trans-nuchal ultrasound to check for Down's. IT is a much earlier test and you find out the sex too. Do they do that where you are?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.