Growing Belly's Check in Week of June 7th

melanalyus

Cathlete
Good AM ladies! I thought I'd get us started here!

PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Oct. 2 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 16 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (twins!)
23jimbeam - Dec. 15
bunekneck - Dec 26
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

I believe I am offically 12 weeks. :D Yippie!!! And I'm still feeling very pregnant!!! --vomiting is subsiding, fatigue is persistent (but either I'm getting better with dealing with it,...or it's let up a bit), constipation (just started Miralax), ear cartilage pain thing.

My new ailment is numbing hands when I'm sleeping. This only happens when I"m pregnant. It's not painful,...but it made me smile last night,...remembering that this happens when I'm pregnant.

I'm still working just 3 days per week (40hr/week with drive time), which is a good/challenging pace for me,...but we're having trouble keeping up with our bills. :( I still haven't decided what I"m going to do about this. I know we've been eating out a TON with noone going grocery shopping & with my finicky stomach.

I'm off to make some steel oats. Check back later. :D

Hi everyone.
Melanie, hooray that there is less nausea. I think that the miralax will work wonders for you. I hope! I feel like we revolve around fiber content in our family lately. I had a lot of mango and papaya last night, and that might have been a touch too much, my poor husband! Papaya is REALLY full of fiber, and raspberries too. I am not going to the farmers market unsupervised again, since I ate myself into a fiber coma!
We went back to the perinatologist and STILL do not know what we are having. The line was out the dor to see the doctor and he spent a minute with us and sent us home. I was upset wince we waited so long (over an hour) with my husband who took off work and my three year old. I am so bad at being patient!
Susan- Could you look any more adorable? Beached well, I do not think so! I hope I look that cute on the beach this summer!
Jen- How are you feeling? I think it is raining by you?
I know I have a lot of you to catch up with. I need to get out my notepad and keep track of everyoen better! Hello and happy Sunday to all you preggos!
I am off to push my son for a 9 mile run, my favorite part of Sundays! Then we are going to go play frisbee at the park, and hit the market for som enice steaks tonight!
:)
C

Susan, welcome back. Your picture is adorable....with your wittle belly. :) Cut bathing suit.

Christine, you have more energy than I do girl! 9 mile run? Even if dr gave me okay to workout again,... I"m thinking yoga or something. I"m so tight and so tired. It's amazing how much energy is zapped by just cleaning the counters in kitchen & starting a load of dishes in the dishwasher. When I fold laundry, I have to do it sitting. I get out of breath carrying a load of laundry. :eek::eek: Sorry you weren't able to find out sex,...you will though,...very very soon!

DH is making a trip to St Cloud (5 hrs away) to visit with his friend today & go to Sam's Club. Just me and the boys,.....and my sofa. LOL

Hi ladies!

I'm feeling really good now. I have some tenderness on my belly from the shots but nothing too bad. Baby is moving quite a bit which is so nice and comforting. I just went through DD's baby clothes and sorted it by size so in case we have a girl I'm ready.

Melanie - glad to hear the nausea is getting better. Glad to hear about the tingling;) Isn't it nice to get those reassuring signs?

Susan - I think you look adorable

Christine - I don't think patience and pregnancy go together:) When do you go back to the Dr.? Are you seeing a perinatologist as well as a regular ob/gyn? I alternate every 2 wks b/w my peri and my ob/gyn.

Hi to everyone else.

Susan- You look absolutely adorable! You are definitely NOT a beached whale!

Christine- I am feeling pretty good. I sometimes forget that I am pregnant. Except the indigestion I had yesterday. Whew! I'm sorry you still didn't get to find out the sex of the baby. That woulda p'd me off!

Melanie- I am happy to hear the vomiting/nausea has subsided. I too get winded really easily (maybe not as easily as you) ;) but I cleaned the floors yesterday and sat down to rest and felt myself breathing heavy.

Wendy- Hooray for baby movements! I have noticed the baby move more in the last few days. Especially if I sit down and lean to the right a little. Don't know why???

Well, I made lasagna for dinner tonight. I can't wait to eat it. It's a new sauce recipe that I am trying that I let simmer in the crock pot. I'll let you know how good it was if I don't go into a food coma! :)

I'm eating a plate of pizza (staple for me) after having quite a long adventure hanging over the toliet. :eek::eek: I'm shaking a bit, my sugars must be low...pizza can fix it!!!

Wendy, I"m glad you're feeling good! I'm going to ask my ob/gyn for a peri referral next visit. I'm not planning on having an amnio,...but still want Level 2u/s & feel it's important with twins.

Jen, are you leg cramps gone? I found that Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc tablets worked well,...I had none once i took a tablet daily. You can ask your dr about it,...if you continue to have cramping.

Susan, r u resting 2day?

Hey!
Mannn I am tired today. I did get everything unpacked etc. I did all my laundry at my dads so it was nice not having to wash all day today! Ya'll are so sweet for the nice comments on my photo. I ate so much in Florida and usually I would just diet when I got back home..now Im stuck with the extra 5 or so. Im really gonna buckle down and be good now though!! Only thing Im craving is sweet pickles! I cannot wait to workout tomorrow. We took a few walks in fla..but I need a good sweatfest!

Melanie-12 weeks already...wow. So so happy for you! Sorry you were so sick this morning...did the pizza fix it? I am resting some. I took a quick 20 min power nap. When do you go to the dr?

Christine-bummer about the your dr's visit. When do you go back?

Wendy-so glad you are feeling better!!! Do you have to take the shots the entire pregnancy?? This baby is very active too. Feels like she is turning flips.

Jen-lasagna sounds so good right now. I just might have to make some this week.

Ole MIss is about to play baseball to qualify for the series. I will bbl. I still have not read over the weeks posts. Let me know if anything major has happened that I missed, ok. Our VBS starts tonight and I am helping out.
I will bbs to check on ya.

I've slept on/off just about the entire day. It feels like a relapse. I'm hoping today is a better day. Either way, I'll survive.

Next dr's appt is NEXT Monday. For some reason is was scheduled five weeks from last one. Which is way to long, in my opinion,....

Morning!
Hope all you preggos had a good nights sleep. I woke up every 2 hours to pee..but my hip didnt hurt...so I consider that good!
My eating was great yesterday and I feel better already. Maybe at least I can get rid of the overeaters bloat!! VBS went well last night. THat goes through THursday night.
Not too much planned for dd and me today. We'll go to the library, run errands and probably hit the pool at some point. The water is still a tad cool for me...I like it at least 85 and its about 80...I'll dangle while dd swims most likely.
I'll be doing a weight workout today..not sure what yet.
I"ll check back in a little while.

Good morning all! Happy Monday! My lasagna was the best one I've made yet! DH loved it also! It's his favorite and he can be particular about lasagna and he said it rocked! Score one for me!

Melanie- (Knock on wood) I haven't gotten the cramps in two nights now. Another girl that I know that is pregnant told me to try drinking some Gatorade (something about the electrolytes in it) to see if that helps because it took away her leg cramps and so far so good. Thanks for the tip about the supplement. I used to take that combo last year and stopped, don't remember why??? Pizza is a staple for me whether I feel good or not. ;)

Susan- Good job on the eating! I'm going to try to walk on the TM tonight to stretch out my calves again. It's funny how my workouts aren't geared towards losing weight as much as it is for stretching and keeping my body moving so it stops aching. You must've had a burst of energy to get all the laundry done! I'm glad your hip doesn't hurt. I found that the more pillows I sleep with and pile around me, the better's nights sleep I get.

Hi to Christine, Priscilla, Wendy, Dawn, Cee, Allison, Kristine and anyone else I missed!

Good morning, everyone,

Glad everyone is coping and keeping their humor. And I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who craves lasagne and pizza!

All seems to be well in my 24th week. One new thing I've noticed is how easily I burned sitting out in the sun yesterday, and I never burned before.

I also am struggling a bit with diet. The cravings for baked goods and ice cream are under control, but now I'm finding just the opposite. If I don't fill up, I'm getting low blood sugar and feeling a bit faint. For work lunches, I'm trying to pack lots of light meals like fruits and yogurts, but sometimes I'm still hungry and feeling a bit woozy even after eating a piece of fruit! I'm thinking I need to pack more hearty small meals like hard-boiled eggs and big bags of carrots. Anyone else feel faint sometimes if they don't eat enough?

Take care everyone!
Dawn

Where do you live, Dawn? We haven't broke 70 degrees here,...I want to go to the beach so badly,... can I come & visit?!?!?!?

I ended up doing Slim and Lean. Felt good!
Dawn-yes I do feel woozy when I don't eat enough. Try eating some protein with your fruit. The fruit spikes your blood sugar and that sometimes makes it worse. For me, I try to keep it level with a balance of carbs/protein and that helps. Im saying that but for a snack I just had strawberries and pineapple...so I know I'll be feeling it in a bit...I should of had some string cheese with it.

Speaking of food. I know deli meats are a no no..but what if they are heated up?? I am really wanting a ham and swiss with pinapple!!! Should I just stay away from it for now??

Hi Melanie and Jenn!!

Thanks for the good advice. Of course . . . That makes perfect sense that I should work in more light proteins between meals and not just expect fruit to fill me up. I'm filling up on fiber, but maybe it's the proteins that I really need.

Regarding deli meats, I don't know, but I will confess that I ate a cheese hot dog this weekend. I know hot dogs are not on the preferred prego diet list but it tasted so good (and was all meat--I checked). :)

I'm in Maryland--close to DC and Baltimore. It is 87 degrees today and was about that yesterday. With my Italian skin, I never burned before in my life, but I know my doctor told me that pregnant skin can burn easily. I guess it's time to find that sunscreen!

Have a great day!

Dawn-I am not a hot dog person normally, but since being pregnant I have wanted one sooooooo bad. Even the smell of hot dogs at Target makes my mouth water! It seems to me if the hot dog is cooked well that it cant be all that bad!

I was told that you can eat hot dogs as long as they are cooked/heated to a certain HOT temperature. Last week, I was eating turkey chili dogs like crazy. And I LOVE a turkey dog cut up and mixed in with my lean cuisine mac n cheese when I am craving comfort food! My dr is fine with most everything just in moderation.

Dawn- We went to the lake last weekend and I put on my normal amount of sunscreen and my legs and arms burned and I rarely burn unless I don't have any sunscreen on. I guess it was cause of the pregnancy. I don't typically feel faint but I have been trying to get more protein from string cheese or milk.

Susan- I was told that you can heat your lunch meat and it should be fine. My dr told me that I can eat Boar's Head (don't know if you have that brand) cold and then anything else heated up. I've made grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches at home and have felt fine.

There are 2 concerns with eating lunch meat/hot dogs in pregnancy. Listerosis is the main one. If you heat lunch meat to steaming prior to eating it should kill the bacteria. The second concern is nitrates, which cannot be eliminated by re-heating. Nitrates are neurotoxic in high doses. Everything in modearation, right girls?

So far today I've been feeling much better. Yesterday was awful. I don't want any more days like that. Today is my 5th day on Miralax, and still no bowel movement. :( I'm hoping tonight will be the night!!!

Melanie-glad you are feeling better...and Im in the same boat with constipation. Its just been 3 days for me though.

I'll treat myself to some nitrates only now and then I guess!! I did read that symptoms of listerosis can show up 30 days after the bacteria is eaten!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.