Growing Belly Mom's Check-In 9/6

melanalyus

Cathlete
PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Sept. 25 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 13 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25 (waiting to find out sex!)
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9 (It's a boy!)
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15 (It's a boy!)
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5 (It's a boy!)
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (identical twin girls!)
23jimbeam/Christine - Dec. 15 (It's a boy!)
bunekneck/Raciela - Dec 23 (It's a girl!)
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

Hi ladies. Thought I'd get us started this week. I haven't had a chance to read all personals from last week....but hope to later today.

Allison/Dawn....it's going to be a toss up to see who delivers first!!!

One of my mommies from my twins to be groups who is "due in Dec" delivered her babies last week. They are so little (under 2lbs) but seem to be fighters.

Yesterday was not a good work day for me, I wasn't able to get out of my car again b/c I was so cramped up....and had to lay down in agony for 20 minutes before I could move to put the boys to sleep. It wasn't a busy day, and I only worked 3 days last week. I have just no way of predicting it. :(
I have four days off now, so hope to get alot of down time to take pressure of this growing body!

Happy Sunday ladies! My eldest boys start school on Tuesday. Anyone else launch their kids off then?

Morning!
Melanie-sorry your day yesterday was so bad! Im glad you have a few days to relax!!

Allison-I didnt mention they were choc chip granola bars!!!

Dawn you and Allison are sooo close. Im so excited!!!

Dh is doing some stuff outside then we're hitting Walmart. Ole MIss plays at 2:30 so thats the highlight of our day today!! Tomorrow will be a trip to Little Rock and grilling out etc.

No workout today. Just not in the mood. Slept ok.....my shoulders and arms start to ache around 1 then I just go from side to side..finally I just cant take it and get up. I made it til 545 this morning! I may try sleeping in the recliner and see if that helps. At least I will be on my back..sorta.

Waves to everyone!

Happy Sunday, all :)

Melanie, sounds like you had a really cruddy day yesterday. Enjoy the 4 days off. Sounds like it might be time to consider going on leave earlier than you thought...? Your friend's babies are so early, and so tiny. I can't imagine. An acquaintance of mine delivered her daughter on Halloween 2005, though she wasn't due until the end of January 2006. Her DD was so small that her husband's wedding band fit up to the DD's armpit. She is a healthy, active, thriving little girl now! I hope your friend's little ones don't have to spend too long in the hospital.

Susan, with chocolate chips, they sound more up my alley these days LOL The primary workout I've been getting is hand-to-mouth. I have been eating like nobody's business. It's weird. Last time, I was always hungry, but always felt full. This time, I seem to be able to just eat and eat. I will probably set some record for amount of weight gained in 3rd trimester! Oh, well -- I've stocking the freezer with "clean eats" for post-delivery and trying to eat plenty of fruits and veggies too. I look through my Cathe DVDs and my new Jillian Michaels DVDs and have been reading my Oxygen "Glutes," "Abs," and "Fat Loss" special editions. I'm ready for the challenge :D

Not much going on here. Painted my toenails for the last time this pregnancy. DH is feeling sick today, so I guess he's not up to finishing the paint in the nursery. Hopefully tomorrow he'll do that and set up the furniture. Sigh.

It's a beautiful day here in Philly! I'm going to make a double batch of bolognese sauce and am going to try Chili's Southwestern Veggie Soup -- both for the freezer.

Yes, I wonder too if I'll make it to end of month. :( My next appt is in 2 weeks...I may have to ask for a letter then (putting me around 28 weeks). I can make it to then.

Allison, we too have beautiful weather. I"m getting the passports out & taking the boys to Canada toddler pool. It's just 5 minutes away and I can relax while they play & work some energy off....then I'm coming home for a nap. :D

Melanie- I can't imagine the pain you are in. I get some pretty bad back, leg, va jaja pain if I'm on my feet for too long doing stuff or walking so I can't imagine what you are feeling. I hope you can make it the next two weeks, you need to keep those girls cooking in there!

Susan- So about the ice cream..... our ice cream place (Brusters) has now switched out the summer flavors for the fall flavors. Caramel Apple Crunch is what I tried last night and man it was fantastic! Next I am going to try their apple dumpling sundae. I swear, I never ate ice cream like this before pregnancy. James is going to come out hating ice cream at this rate.

Allison- I think I will try your trick tonight to paint my toes. We are trying to budget and save money so I will skip the pedicure this week. I'll let you know how it goes. I've still been keeping up with my Oxygen mags too. This has been a nice break but I am so ready to get back to working out.

Hi to the other beautiful preggos! Hope you are having a great holiday weekend!

We made it to WM and getting geared up for the game. Haley woke up with a sore throat and now "doesnt feel good". I was really hoping not to get sick this preganany. I've got the Lysol and Clorax wipes out!

Allison-I couldnt get enough to eat my first pregnancy, but this time I feel miserbly full..all the time! I too painted my nails, but just clear polish this time. I am sooo looking forward to working out hard again. We'll have to have a eat clean/work out check in after we birth our babies!

Jen-your ice cream choices sound great!! Dh and I have always loved ice cream...Haley is a fanatic too. :eek: I decided yesterday I was giving it up for the remainder of my pregnancy..we'll see how far I get with that.

Melanie-having a nice day??? Have fun swimming. It sounds so funny to need passports for a 5 min drive! You are just the world traveler!:D

HOpe everyone is having a nice day!

We found the toddler pool.....and THERE WAS NO WATER IN IT!!! :D :D Life is soo funny, isn't it? So much for the "out of country experience". LOL AND they don't stamp our passports when we just drive through....so hardly a "world travelor". LOL All our passports are BLANK. :p

I took the kids to one of the resort pools instead. They had fun. DH has a bday party he was invited to, so I'm going to rest up a bit then get ready for that. I've been sitting alot & taking pressure off my pelvis & va jaja. :D

Everyone enjoying there day?

Melanie-I honeslty don't see how you stand all day. I have just been making dinner and my lower ab area and pelvic area is on fire. I HAD to sit down and rest. I feel for ya girl!!!! Have fun at the party!
Question-any of you experience numbness in the lower, very lower ab area?

Making a new recipe for supper..its smelling good! You brown ground beef, onion, gralic etc etc etc add some beef stock and bread crumbs...then put them in phyllo dough, or premade pie crusts...like little turnovers and then bake. Only when I am pregnant do I like beef of any kind. Having a big salad with them. Wish I could have some red wine!

Haley has no fever..so far so good.

Susan, both my little ones had colds a couple weeks ago & I squeaked by without one. Are you thinking Haley may have strep throat? I got my fingers crossed for you!

The party was good. The lady cooks Vitetmese (sp?) food & it's always so good.

Dinner was delish! I will be making this again.

Melanie-glad you had fun! Not sure about Haley. Usually strep comes with a fever. So far its just the sniffles and a sore throat. By morning I'll for sure know more.

Susan, yeah for a good dinner!! You're right about high fevers usually accompanying sore throats for strep. It's too bad kiddos have to be petri dishes for all sorts of stuff when they go to school. I'm a wee-bit concerned about Justin starting kindergarden b/c he's never been to daycare & stuff...and might be sick alot. :(

Since I rested pretty good today, I think I'll take the kids to the beach for their last day of summer tomorrow. It's their absolute favorite thing to do!!! My friend who cancelled on Friday, rescheduled for tomorrow AM...but I"m not holding my breath...and didn't even clean up at all. If she show, she shows. It'd be nice to see her though. She has 3 kids (ages 5 and younger) and we all get along so great. :D

I finally got my mail open from the week too. Got some cute eBay twin oufits. I have enough second hand preemie & NB matching outfits that I can start returning the ones I bough brand new!! What a blessing!!! I found a matching baby crib set that I like at Walmart for under $80. I wasn't going to buy crib sets....but if you buy anything separately they charge an arm and a leg for it....so I might just get it. We'll see.

Kiddos are in bed.....I"m looking forward to playing on the internet for a while (until my Ambien kicks in). :D :D

Happy Labor Day, Ladies!!!!!

Melanie-do you sleep well with Ambien? Any strange side effects?

I was also concerned about Haley getting sick a lot when she started school. But we have been so lucky with her. She's only had strep 1 time and been on antibiotics 1 time. I credit her 3 years of nursing for that :p.
Besides a cold here and there she has been very healthy. Is your son excited about school?
Will you have 1 at home then? well 3 in December;)

I just had some oatmeal and chocolate milk for my snack. Gonna tuck Haley in an hope she sleeps. I gave her some ibuprophen and nite time niffle meds.

Yes, we'll just have one at home for a couple months until the twins arrive. He's such a great boy, a real joy to have around........he'll help me prepare for the twins, play games with me, bake, clean.......whatever I do......he's content to be next to me. :D

Justin is excited about school. I"m hoping that my super potent mommy-milk has some long legged immunization holds on my kids. :D :D Want to keep them healthy!!!

Jen, oh, man -- those ice cream flavors sound fabulous. I would be there a couple times a week to, um, get enough calcium for healthy bones :p

Susan, glad your dinner was so good! Sorry to hear about Haley :( I don't have allergies myself (knock on wood), but I know many people feel a bit off as the seasons change; maybe she has an allergy that's causing the nose and throat thing...

Melanie, great news about being able to return some stuff!!

I hope I didn't ruin my infant car seat today. Grrrr. I was trying to take the cover off so I could wash it (since it's been in my parents' basement for almost 3 years). Seems the cover isn't supposed to come off (what?!?!). I think I figured out what part I missed when trying to put it all back together. DH will have to fix it tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll be heading to BRU to take advantage of the 20% trade-in event.

Our plans changed today. My BIL and his fiance came home to a broken (leaking) water heater in her condo. So, DH, DD and I went over to their place. It took longer than DH expected, but I hadn't seen them since they got engaged 2 weeks ago. We had fabulous, greasy pizza for dinner -- YUM! But I had clementines and red bell peppers with hummus when we got home, so at least I got some fruit and veggies LOL

DH painted the nursery today. Well, the walls. He promised me he'll paint the ceiling later, but he thinks we can set up the furniture tomorrow (and he won't have to move much later to paint). So, I'm hoping I can get the room mostly done tomorrow. I am VERY excited :D

Melanie- Hope you are having fun at the beach! Isn't it fun getting stuff in the mail? Make sure you rest today! I feel ya on that pressure on the va jaja!

Susan- Haley sounds like a pretty healthy kid, sorry she isn't feeling well now.

Allison- Umm yeah, calcium is why I am eating so much ice cream now. ;) Tell my dr that! Yay for painted walls! At least its one step closer!

Well, I am so happy to be off today for the holiday. I have sure needed this weekend. We are headed to MIL's later. DH seems to think that she is giving us a BIG gift for the baby today due to a comment she made. We are worried that it is a bassinet because she has made some comments about what the baby will sleep in in our room. I planned on using the pack n play but....we'll see. While we are grateful and thankful for her wanting to give us anything at all, we don't really want anything extra right now that we won't use. I'll try to post later and let you know what it is. Have a great holiday!

Susan, I forgot to answer your Ambien question. I sleep really well with it. My hormones are just weird when I'm pregnant & I cannot sleep at ALL without it. The only time I get wacky is if I don't go to sleep right away when I get drowsy (you're supposed to take it, then go directly to bed).... I take it, then go on the computer, read, clean, whatever until it kicks in....which sometimes takes me by suprise and I get loopy. :D :D :D Should I say loop-ier? :p

I want to see these finished nurseries!!! Pics when you can ladies!!!

Allison, those car seat covers are supposed to come off but are really hard. Same with stroller covers. I have successfully taken both off, but not before wondering if I should just throw them away and get new ones b/c it's so difficult & then to try to remember exactly how they go back on!!!!

Jen, I"m glad you're getting some rest, you had a long week.

I missed the ice cream flavor thing? Dairy gives me awful heartburn. :( I've been taking calcium supplements.

This AM I think I'm going to peel some potatoes and make potato salad & some chocolate chip cookies. It just sounds good. :D :D

Hi Ladies,
Just a quick hello. We are headed out to shop then back home to cook out etc. Butt pain kept me up most of the night, but I will survivie. I did Kelly Coffey's NYC this moring. I have had that workout a while and only did it one other time. It hit the spot today.
Haley slept all night and woke up feeling great!! She's back to her chatty, energetic self.

BBl later for personals!!

Have a great day ladies!!!

Allison, those car seat covers are supposed to come off but are really hard. Same with stroller covers. I have successfully taken both off, but not before wondering if I should just throw them away and get new ones b/c it's so difficult & then to try to remember exactly how they go back on!!!!

AM I think I'm going to peel some potatoes and make potato salad & some chocolate chip cookies. It just sounds good. :D :D

That's what I figured, but honestly, I could NOT get the dang thing off! It's a Peg Perego, with the side impact foam thing going on. I'm going to take it Babies R Us tomorrow. I want to look at the floor models, to see if I indeed screwed something up. I figure someone there can fix it if it's fixable. If not, I'll need a new one anyway, since the Boy can't leave the hospital without the seat ;)

Potato salad and chocolate chip cookies sound fantastic!

Jen, while any gift is indeed thoughtful, I hear you on not wanting more stuff than necessary. Beyond the need to find a place for more stuff is my anxiety over people just wasting money! My mom really wanted to buy me a bassinet last time, but I refused to let her. It's good for a couple months, and then it's just more crap to sell or give away. She also wanted to buy me a Bugaboo stroller last time, but I talked her out of that. With the the "options" I needed/wanted (really, just the features I was looking for in a stroller), it would have cost about $800 :eek:

Susan, so happy to hear that Haley is feeling like herself again today! Hope you get a better night's sleep this evening.

We've been busy all day -- DH is finally getting into a groove! I've been doing so much laundry that you can't even see our dining room table LOL He was cleaning the nursery. You know, the deep clean that no one wants to think about -- baseboards that were hidden by the couches for 2 years, blinds, the closet, etc. We're finally sitting down for a bit!

Happy Labor Day to all the other preggos!!

Yay! I found the owner's manual online for the car seat. I'm going to ask DH to follow the instructions for removal and then replacement. He's an engineer -- it shouldn't take him long LOL

Allison......so.......how long did it take for DH to work on the car seat? I was ROTFL about the "engineer" comment. Oh,.... I cannot number how many Christmas Eve's I've been up till wee-hours trying to figure out how to put toys together. I always say to self, "I'm an educated woman with a doctorate degree, this shouldn't be this difficult". LOL :D :D I"m going to let DH put the cribs together this time. ;)

I took my three boys to the beach. We had alot of fun, and it was relaxing to sit at the beach and watch them play,....I then went to visit my friend on the way home (the one who 'stood me up twice'). It was nice to visit.

The boys are now taking a bath. *Sigh* Little Justin starts kindergarden tomorrow. *sigh* My little boy, who has barely been away from me, is going to be at school,....without me....ALL DAY!!!! *Sniffle* *Sniffle* :( :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.