Frustrated

wellness

Cathlete
I have a 5 1/2 week old daughter. I have been working out and eating pretty clean. I am exclusively breastfeeding. My problem is the scale will not Budge!I know its still pretty soon, but I was hoping to be a few pounds lighter. I have been the same for about 2 1/2 weeks. Ugh! Just very frustrated...none of my pre-preg clothes fit and pregnancy clothes are too big. Thanks for letting me vent. If anyone has any advise I'm all ears :) Thanks.

I feel your pain!

I don't have any suggestions because I'm having the same problem. I have a 7 weeks old son and I haven't lost a pound since I left he hospital and it's so frustrating! I'm exercising at least an hour everyday and eating pretty clean. This is my second child and the pounds just fell off after I had her but this time nothing is happening. I just keep hoping that something will happen eventually :-( - good luck because I completely understand!

Last edited:
Thanks! This is my second child too. And its been harder to drop the weight. Maybe I just need to be more patient and my body will suddenly realize what's going on.
It is so frustrating though!! I'll keep ya posted on the progress.
We are going vacation in July and I'd really love to have my body looking somewhat bathing suit ready! I gained 30 pounds during my pregnancy, but i've only lost about 10 pounds. And only 5'3, so any extra weight really shows on me.
Well, I'll keep trying, workingout and eating clean (at least my family is eating better since I am very careful of what food is in the house now ..LOL!).
Thanks!! And Good Luck too!

I know how you feel, with my first, I did lose about half the weight by the time I came home from the hospital, but after that, it was harder to lose. Once I was able to feel more rested (around 3 months pp) I saw that I was able to focus on harder workouts and the rest came off quickly, within a month I'd say.
Its so hard to be patient about it, but it DID take 9 months to gain...
I am 3 months pregnant with my second right now, and alreadygained 6 lbs, hopefully the rest is just baby and no more fat. argh.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.