Fat burner pills

munchikin

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-02 AT 10:42AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-02 AT 10:42 AM (Est)[/font]

Hi guys,

Is there anyone pregnant out there taking fat burner pills? Or is there any pills that pregnant people can take also?

I wouldn't touch them not pregnant, but when pregnant I can't imagine any doctor saying its okay. Maybe that is what you should do..call your doctor and ask him/her. I'm guessing most bottles have warnings on them regarding pregnant/breastfeeding moms.

I HAVE to ditto what Bridge said. Please don't take these items pregnant or not! Exercise is a phenomenal fat burner and has benefits to you and your baby.

Please, Please, Please, do NOT take fat burner pills while you are pregnant (you shouldn't even when not pregnant). These pills contain stimulants that increase your heart rate and blood pressure and anything that has an effect on you, also affects the baby. I know how hard it can be to accept the weight gain while pregnant. I am someone who has NEVER weighed more than 110 pounds in my life and now I am at 116 pounds at 19 weeks and I know there is more to come. I look at my butt in the mirror and can just cry but I know that the weight gain is for a good cause and that with a little hard work after the baby is born, I will lose it and get my figure back. The female body is designed to put on body fat during pregnancy and you don't want to do anything to negate that for the health of your baby. If you are taking them already, please stop right away and also tell your doctor so they know.

In my opinion,from someone who also has a Masters in Human Nutrition, what needs to be said has been said. DO NOT TAKE ANY "FAT BURNING" PILLS WHILE PREGNANT (OR AT ANY TIME FOR THAT MATTER). They are not safe, not FDA approved and could permanently harm your body and your metabolism.

Exercise is the best "fat burner" for your body. Pregnant women who exercise gain overall less body fat and an average of 8 pounds less than their sedentary counterparts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.