exercise affect fertility

lulu68

Cathlete
Hello,

Can exercise affect fertility, should I exercise at a lower intensity when ovulating? Thanks!

Lourdes

In short, no.

Unless you are doing HEAVY training, like for a marathon for example, it has no impact. In fact, most doctors recommend regular exercise while trying to get pregnant. Regulating your weight creates a healthier envinroment for a baby to grow.

ita w/ above poster.
i had no trouble conceiving while doing cathe wo's.
well, i didnt conceive WHILE i was working out!:p haha!!

I agree. Working out is great for increaseing blood flow and that could help w/ your uterus lining. I think if you are so think you don't get AF then that would be a problem, but otherwise go for it!

I haven't resumed my cycles after I stopped nursing in September. My OB told me to stop all exercise and eat more. I don't exercise excessively and I'm a healthy weight...so I cut back a little but did NOT stop altogether! Good luck!!

I took about a week off of high impact exercise from the time of ovulation to about 10 dpo so the egg had a greater chance of implantation. My SIL said it worked for her. It worked for me too on the last 3 pregnancies:) I'd say if you don't have any issues w/fertility then don't worry about it. If you do, it won't hurt you to lay off high impact for a few days-just focus on weight training that week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.