eczema and pregnancy

OMG!! i feel for you!!! i use this stuff for my kids as well and i swear by it... shikai borage dry skin therapy. the dr.s wanted me to use a steriod on my little guy and i was not happy so i tried EVERY single cream on the market and this is the best. i get it from the vitamin shop. hope this helps!

I didn't just suffer from eczema during my pregnancy, but I've suffered with it since the day I was born. Not fun! I am 29 years old and after 27 years of suffering, I finally found a dermatologist that finally helped me. I use 2 different products.......one is a prescription and the other is over the counter. The prescription that I use is called DermaSmoothe. It's actually a scalp oil for psoriosis patients (or however you spell it), but my Dr. swore it would work. I put it all over my body and within days, I had immediate relief and I have been relieved from my severely dry, itchy and rashy skin ever since. My Dr. also recommended Cerave. This can only be purchased at Rite-Aid pharmacies and CVS pharmacies in the area that I live in. Cerave is a lotion and also a cleanser for in the shower. It's milder than any soap on the market. Actually, this stuff would would be wonderful for babies! I use the cleanser in the shower everyday. Then I put on my DermaSmoothe on my dryest problem areas and put the Cerave lotion everywhere else. I love it! My eczema was so bad that I would miss work due to unbearable itchiness and sever rashes. I was taken to the emergency room at least 4 times a year my entire life for the serverity of my itching and rashes. I was given shots of steriods and benadryl for relief. I've been on high dosages of oral steriods for months just to maintain my rashes. I even had to take 6 weeks of medical leave off of work 1 year and had to be given sleeping meds to help me sleep or else I would scratch for 24 hours a day and never sleep. So please trust me when I tell you....DermaSmoothe and Cerave have given me my life back. I feel like a different person. I sincerely advise that you try either one of these.

Ive never suffered from Eczema but my son did after his birth. His pediatrician recommended a product called Cetaphil lotion...OMG,it was great and got rid of it instantly! Its kinda pricey at like 10 bucks a bottle but it was worth it. I purchased it at CVS pharmacy, ive also seen it at walmart.

HTH's and good luck

Thank you for the responses. I will try to find the derma? and the one that starts with a C. Right now, the doctor has me on a topical steroid. It is making me a nervous wreck because I don't want to hurt the baby. It is working though. I can finally get some sleep and I'm not itching. The eczema had spread all over my upper body, just a couple patches on my legs. I look like I have chicken pox or something. It looks awful. I missed one day of work because it was so bad. It was driving me nuts. I would much rather use something that's not a steroid though.

Ashley

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.