Delivered Jan 29th, excerise & bleeding?

wellness

Cathlete
I delivered a healthy baby boy on Jan 29th. I started light excersies a few days ago. I'm still a little sore (down below..you know what I mean). But, it makes me feel so much better to move a little bit. However, each time I move I jump or try jogging, I start to bleed again. When can I expect to be able to excerise more ? with out bleeding ?
Any advise? Thanks

first.....congrats!!!

now down to business!:D
large movements/exercise WILL make you bleed more. expect bleeding for about 6 weeks.......probably longer if you're exercising.:(

ita about needing to move but your body needs to heal.:) maybe just try some light walking.

I agree with Kate, you'll be bleeding for awhile and larger movements will cause you to bleed more.

Go with what you feel like, is my suggestion. If you feel like you're tearing stitches (that kind of bleeding), certainly stop and take it easy.

But if it's lochia (like a heavy period), it's going to happen anyway.

Just my thoughts. Just be careful not to push your body too hard. You can challenge yourself, but gently. Remember that your joints are still soft and things are just starting to settle back to where they used to be. You may want to limit your range of motion a bit until more time passes.

I agree with PP. The 3rd week after delivery I started with Leslie Sansone walking. The 4th week I did some of Cathe's easier DVDs. Then yesterday I did IMAX2 to the best of my ability and I had some bright red spotting but it went away by the end of the day. Today I did bodymax2 with no blood. So, start off slow and gradually increase your intensity. Make sure to do your kegels to protect your pelvic floor. Congratulations & good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.