DECEMBER 2009 mommas?

23jimbean

Cathlete
I am having my second in december, and am still exercising comfortably. Is anyone else out there? Any ideas on ways to change what I have to stay in shape and be safe? :rolleyes:

Hi there. I'm tenatively expecting for mid-December. I have had light spotting, thus have not done any exercising in past 10 days or so. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure everything's okay....

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Congratulations on your baby. How old is your first?
I am just ahead of you (due in November). I was exercising pretty well at six weeks, at around seven I got too tired. Now, I am starting to get back into my workouts.
I have dropped my weights significantly. I figure my sets should feel like work but if I have to push through any of the last three I am too heavy. My OB said no squats, which I have not heard anywhere else, I will figure out why next visit. Cardio I am just being careful to keep my heartrate low enought that I can complete a short sentence without gasping.
I do not know how helpful that is, I look forward to getting to know you over the next few months.

Melanie - good luck with this pregnancy. I will be praying that the spotting is nothing dangerous.

Thanks for all the input! I am stiull exercising, not as well as I thought I would, though. I am still running, pushing my three year old (that slows me down) and do videos about three days a week. I am so tired. Oddly, the nausea is so much worse when I do not exercise. So, I skip the nap and exercise in the afternoon when I feel the worst. How ironic is it that I got my STS system the day after I found out that I was pregnant! Guess it will be my baby weight loss motivator a year from now. I was 189 pounds at the end of my last pregnancy, and vowed not to let that happen again. So here is to health and fitness and babies! Please keep in touch if anyone wants a pregnancy and workout buddy! :rolleyes:

Melanie,
I have heard the same thing about squats and admit I am not floowing teh rules well. I guess it has to do with pressure on the pelvic floor as well as increased risk of injury to the joints as relaxin settles into the body. I have already noticed that my hip flexors hurt a lot after kick punch adn crunch, so I am toning that down a notch. I am trying Muscle Endurance today with lower weights, hope it feels good!

There normally is a pregnancy check-in that begins every week. It's an awesome place to get support & encourgement throughout your pregnancy. With mom's expecting sooner & later than you....a person can get all sorts of awesome information! I have used this forum for over *six* years, throughout all my recent pregnancies.
I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

I hadn't head anything about not squatting during pregnancy and have been doing it the whole time (I'm 22 weeks and due Sept 15th). It doesn't seem to have hurt anything and my OB gave me the go ahead on pretty much whatever I wanted to do as long as I didn't lie on my back after 20 weeks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.