Curious - how long to conceive?

MCunningham

Cathlete
Ladies,

I'm 28.5 and DH is 31.5 and we're considering TTC for our first in about a year (assuming Mother Nature doesn't impose her own plans before then!)

Both sides of my family are crazy fertile (95% of the MANY pregnancies on both Mom and Dad's sides were not planned and not tried for), and both sides of his family don't seem to have any trouble in that arena, although there are MANY fewer of them than there are of my family!

I am very aware this is HIGHLY VARIABLE and differs insanely among women, but I'm just curious how long it took you all to conceive each of your pregnancies.

Care to share?

MC

1st baby - 8 months. this devastated me. my 3 sibs and i were all accidents and i was sure we'd conceive easily. finally got her!:D

2nd baby - 2 months
3rd- whoops!!! wasnt trying. we were going to schedule a vasectomy that week.:eek: shes 3.5 months now and there isnt a day that goes by that i dont thank god for her!

good luck to you guys & fappy trying!;):D

baby one 3 months (I was 20)
baby two 6 months (I was 30)
baby three 0 months (I was 31 & nursing baby two)
baby four 2+ years (I was 32)....had miscarriage
baby five ....currently about 3 years, (if you don't count miscarriage)

I honestly didn't think it would take this long. For me, I believe age has really played a factor in things. As you mentioned, everyone is different. When your ready to officially "TTC", or just want support,...feel free to join us on TTC (trying to conceive)/Miscarraige Support Check ins. ;)

Have fun & good luck. :D

2 months with DS.
I was on the pill for 13 years prior to that. Went off for 1 month and my cycle was funky, as expected. 2nd month I used an OPK, and we got pregnant that time around.

We'll see how #2 goes later this year!

Hello there!

First baby I was 21 when I got pregnant. Was on BC pill but I think I had the flu and "lost a pill or two in the toilet". So, surprise baby!

2nd baby- first try as soon as he came back from Iraq!

3rd baby - first try...in the Bahamas celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary!

GOOD LUCK! Clarissa

First dd-1st try. We decided to throw caution to the wind and see what happened and low and behold:)

2nd pregnancy-1 month-ended in miscarriage

2nd dd-3 months after miscarriage. Docs told me to wait that long to get back to a normal cycle.

3rd dd-1 month! We debated on trying and once we decided-bam. No going back!

Needless to say, I am VERY fertile! I joke that if my underwear gets mixed up with DH's in the laundry, I end up preggo;) We are very blessed.

Best of luck!

Age 27 - I conceived on the first month with my first son. He's 12 yrs old. He will be 13 in a couple of weeks on Valentine's Day.

Age 38 - I conceived on the first month, but it ended in miscarriage. I had been on BC pill for over 10 years and this was the first cycle after going off of the pill.

Age 39 - I conceived on the third month with my second son. He is 7 months old now.

With DS #1, I was 29, and it took one month.
Witht DS #2, I had an early miscarriage. It then took us about 6 months to conceive. I had DS #2 in Oct. I was 32.

Baby #1 - Oops! I was on the pill and didn't miss a single pill. Still not sure how that happened!

Baby #2 - I went off the pill and started trying immediately. I was charting my temperature every morning to determine when ovulation was (I'm rather type A) and I got pregnant the first month. I kept charting my temperature, and it didn't drop like it would if I'd ovulated and NOT become pregnant, so a couple days later I told Eddie I was pregnant. We confirmed it with a test when I was about 11 days pregnant. It was crazy! I couldn't believe that it happened so fast, and that we were able to tell that I was pregnant so fast!

With DD#1 it took about 8 months to conceive. I was 34. After 6 months of TTC I charted temps and 2 months later got pregnant. At 36 I conceived DD #2 after about 6 months of TTC. Never did temp charting.

This is my first post ever in the CatheNation. I guess this is a good place for me to jump in!
I was 38 when I conceived my dd, now 3-1/2 years old. Took me 2 months. I was 41 when I conceived my ds, now 16 months old. Again, I conceived him after two months trying. Both times I used ovulation predictor kits. I feel so incredibly fortunate and blessed every day that I didn't have to struggle to conceive towards the "later" end of my childbearing years. I often wonder why I waited so long. I never imagined that having children would bring so much joy.
I'm in week one of STS and loving it so far.

It took 2 1/2 years to conceive DD, who is now 8. I was 29 years old. I was post-Depo and later discovered I have endo. It took 2 or 3 cycles to conceive the next pregnancy, which ended in m/c (I was 31.... tuned 32 the day we learned we lost the pregnancy). One year to the day (plus or minus a day) we conceived DS, who is 4 (what a b-day gift). We've been open to another baby for over 2 years now. We did conceive last July, but the pregnancy ended in m/c. I'm 38 now.

Last edited:
After getting the book TCOYF so I knew when I was fertile:
Pregnancy #1 - 2 months - DD - age 30
Pregnancy #2 - 2 months - Miscarriage at 6 weeks - Age 32
Pregnancy #3 - 3 months - Miscarriage at 10 weeks - Age 33
Pregnancy #4 - 2 months - Hoping this will end up with a baby to hold

I was 20 when I got married and was so afraid we'd get preg. easy since I'd never been on any BC ever. Well we used condoms for a year and then started ttc..

DS #1 12 cycles ttc
pregnancy #2 first try m/c at 10 weeks
pregnancy #3 (maybe chem. pregnancy) month after my m/c.. 4.5 weeks
DD #1 8 months ttc
DS #2 1 month of not being careful : )
DD#2 not trying at all 5 day cut off before O and still got preg.

Funny that it seems I was more fertile at 29 than I was at 21..
Good luck to you and I also recommend the book taking charge of your fertility. GREAT book!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.