CTX and pregnancy

Tammyspq

Cathlete
Just wondering what modifications you all may do for this series pregnant. I'm an exercise instructor and a runner but not a kick-boxer so I don't plan on doing that workout until after I have my baby.

Or...do you all not do it pregnant? I have to ask 'cause I haven't taken the time yet to preview the tapes!

Hi Tammy-
I did this series through most of my pregnancy.. In fact, I did the chest workout and the tricep workout from this series on the day I delivered.
However, Big modifications occurred as follows--
--lowered step height to the lowest level
-- minimized the jumping(high impact) esp. in the last couple of months
--I did do the kickboxing tape , but my kicks were more like "taps" and any high impact moves were switched to low. I found the arm work used in kickboxing was very doable when pregnant.
--any strength work that was done lying flat on a bench was modified to a slant board and I used less weight.. esp. in the last couple of months.
--blew off all of the ab work!

Out of all of Cathe's tapes, I would say these were my favorites while pregnant and most easy to modify. They kept me in great shape (safely) and I really think it helped me have an easier labor. Recovery was also a snap!

Hope I helped and Good luck w/ your pregnancy. When are you due?

Lynn

Wow! Thanks so much! I STILL haven't viewed the tapes but maybe I'll take a gander tonight. This gives me great hope for continuing my cardio as well as my strength workouts outside of the classes I teach.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.