Core/Ab work

purple_magada

Cathlete
I miss doing core/ab work so much - I can't wait until I can start doing it again. I still work my abs but of course not as intensely as before. My DH got me a 10lb med ball for Christmas and I hardly got to use it (I got preg at the end of Dec). Just when I mastered planks and was getting some definition I had to stop. So it will be back to the drawing board come October.

What do you miss the most?

My tight butt :-( - I miss going heavy with lower weights and running, they had done awesome things for my hips and backside. Now that definition is um softer. Oh well that's the way it goes. My body can't keep that tightness without intensive work so it's gone for now, but not forgotten ;-)

Dana- My abs have been shot for a long, long time, but to 'work them' during pregnancy, Crunch has a "fat burning pilates" with almost all standing ab work. It's worth getting for that purpose-- you can usually find for under $10 at Target. Not a bad video either.

I missed this too while pregnant (I'm now almost 5 months postpartum). I loved doing the plank section at the end of PUB with the ball. However, during my pregnancy, I did continue to work the abs by doing pelvic tilts (standing, lying, on all-fours, and sitting), abdominal breathing, pelvic circles, the dead bug, bridges, etc. I had my doubts about whether those exercises were doing any good. But, after having my baby, guess what? My abs really were in better shape than before! I was really suprized! For abs, I recommend reading Elizabeth Noble's book- Essential Exercises for the Childbearing Year, 4th ed. Great resource. Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy. :p

Oh dear, I couldn't have gone without coloring my hair. I had a bad experience while I was pregnant with Sydney though. A new sylist, big mistake, did my hair and it turned out this awful red with a very blond streak in the front and burgundy streaks throughout. It looked just horrible on me. I cried. It took my regular sylist hours to get my hair a decent color. I missed margaritas and my normal size. :)

Autumn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.