Cleaner eating?

melimcn

Cathlete
OK, I know the basics...

But has anyone else gone through the period where they only thing that satisfies them and makes them feel OK is fast food?

I swear, maybe it's mental, but I've been dealing with morning sickness - which at this point, I'm equating to a hangover - because I'm not sick enough to be throwing up. When it comes to food, the only thing that sounds good to me (and doesn't make me nauseus to look at) is fast food.

I know I have to nip this in the bud, because I'm really trying to keep an eye on what I'm eating. I'm just not sure how to combat it.

Any suggestions?

Funny, the same thing happened to me in the first trimester this pregnancy. I usually don't like fast food and for some reason was craving it (when I wasn't feeling nauseated). I indulged a few times and usually paid for it later with an upset stomach. I think it's OK to indulge your cravings a little while pregnant. I lost the craving for it by the second trimester.

I think your body is going to gain what it needs to gain to have a healthy baby if you let it. Your body will go back to its "normal" patterns after the baby is born. This pregnancy has been strange for me, as I usually love vegetables, but it taking a lot for me to choke them down recently. Breads are about the only thing I've really been enjoying. I'm 32 wks. now, so not much longer!

Good luck! ;)

i am right there with you ladies regarding struggling to eat clean. i am 7.5 weeks and feel like complete garbabge. fruit and whole grain cereal, my old faves, make me feel ill. sweet sugary food tastes so good though. and vegetables, i only eat them if they are already there and prepackaged. i need to get back on track or i will put on lots of non baby weight. unfortunately, right now, it is all i can do to stay on my feet.

melicm, how far are you? marsha, 32 weeks sounds so far away. you are o the home stretch!! great job

I'm 7 weeks as well at this point.

I'm sitting here starving right now! (After downing 2 bacon, egg and cheese biscuits for breakfast from McDonalds) I'm trying to figure out what I can eat for lunch...but absolutely nothing sounds good.

Ugh!
Glad I'm not alone!

Melissa

I think I know what you're going through. I too eat quite healthy normally. I have had terrible all day morning sickness and I can't even handle the thought of roughage ie broccoli etc. Anything smooth and easy to digest suits me fine right now. I was feeling extremely bad about myself for this. Then I decided hey you know what I'm doing the best I can. At least I'm managing to eat and when I feel better I will do better. If that happens to be after I deliver then so be it. I'm 17 weeks now and hoping this morning sickness will not last much longer. I haven't been able to workout much either. I've fainted a couple of times while I have been downtown. I think we do the best we can with what we have.
Don't beat yourself up!
Michelle

I totally hear ya! I'm near the end of my first trimester and a few times I was craving fast food (something I haven't had in years) I caved in and had a few evenings of taco bell which satisfied my junk food/spicy needs. (I must have used 2 packets of hot sauce per taco...crazy!) I did try to balance it out with a load of carrot sticks and celery, a tone a fruit and not fatty munchie items when I could though.

I didn't give in every time though. If you can limit yourself to once a week or less than I say go for it! Not everyone gains perfectly in the first trimester...I'm up to 7lbs now :\

Good thing I've got my 4 day Cardio Split to help me out when the baby comes ;)

good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.