Cathe - my checkup

AmandaV

Hi Cathe! I just returned from my checkup - everything seems to be going well - this past month I've gained the most of any month so far - 7 pounds! So it's a total of 28 so far. I'm not going to diet or anything, but I hope I don't gain too much more - I feel like a stuffed sausage as it is already. If I gain only 5 more or 20 more, as long as the baby is healthy, that's all that matters to me. I probably should stop my daily trips to the ice cream parlor tho ...hehehehe. I wish I craved just juice like you do!

My pressure, protein, and glucose were all fine. Doc says that she's in a head-down position - I hope she stays that way from here on out.

I'm still working out usually 6 out of 7 days a week doing FIRM tapes (I feel like I'm cheating on you by telling you that!) with modifications where I see fit and prenatal yoga. The Method has a good prenatal yoga tape, which is the one I usually do - it's kinda goofy tho, and my husband cracks up watching me do it (I usually crack up too) If you get a chance, check it out - if you don't find it fun and relaxing, at least you'll get a good laugh!

One more thing which I found hilarious but may be too much information - the other day while doing my yoga squats I coughed at the top of the move and then when I squatted all the way down I peed on the floor by accident! The next time my poor little dog pees on the rug I'll have to try to be more understanding rather than scold him...

Take Care and let me know how you're doing - we're getting down to the wire here - I wonder which one of us will deliver first!
maybe we should get some sort of bet going!

AmandaVL

Amanda, that's funny...

Good thing you weren't in a public class when that happened!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Hi Amanda! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear all is well with you. I always think of you too and wonder if you are experiencing the same little new discoveries that I do from week to week. Its a nice feeling to know that a fitness friend has the same due date. The juice craving has expanded into soda's (yikes). I love grape, orange, and rootbeer soda in addition to my cranberry and orange juice fix. Oh I know this is just WAY too much sugar and I'm ashamed of myself but I can't seem to control myself. I'm sure this Friday's check up will ring up a total weight gain that I'm not too thrilled with (all my own fault, boo hoo).

I guess the baby weight is really testing your bladder huh? You're funny saying that you will have more sympathy for your dog in the future :). I still seem to be okay in that department, however, an occasional sneezing spell will get the best of me and cause me to have a wee bit of an accident.

Yes, I do wonder which one of us will go first? As I have mentioned in another post, last pregnancy Eric came unexpectedly at 36 weeks, so although this probably won't happen again, I am prepared ;-)!

Well, take care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.