Carol Elizabeth is here!

AmandaV

Hi Cathe and everyone!

Well, Cathe, it looks like I beat you! Carol Elizabeth was induced on 3/22 and arrived at 12:36pm, weighing in at 4 lbs, 14 oz and 18 1/4 inches in length. Her APGAR scores were 9's :) She went directly to the "Newborn" nursery, but then presented with some shallow breathing, so they sent her up to the NICU, but she was back in the newborn nursery by the next morning.

My pregnancy became too dangerous for myself and Carol because of the preeclampsia I mentioned in a previous post - I was beginning to develop the "HELLP" syndrome - my blood platelets dropped to about 89 thousand (a normal healthy person has around 300 thousand) - for those of you who don't know but are curious, blood platelets enable your blood to clot...

Labor and delivery was a pretty quick process - 1 1/2 hours - 5 pushes and she was out! No painkillers or epiduril (I'm so proud of myself!), but I wasn't allowed one anyway because they didn't want to start wound that I might be able to bleed from. The worst part about my delivery, which only applies to those who become preeclamptic, was the IV magnesium sulfate I had to be on - that stuff I did not like at all!

Everyone is home now - Carol actually came home with me two days after her birth - she's doing well and eating like a champ - I'm having a bit of a harder time of things - I ended up back in the hospital this past weekend because my blood pressure was way up, but now I'm on some medication that is helping to keep it down. I still feel like I've been run over by a truck, and I get really weepy a lot of the time. Anyone else feel like this?

I want to say that I hope to be back to exercising soon but I'm just so tired so far...

ok - that's all for now - I hope everyone is doing well - Cathe, how are things with you? Did you pick a name yet?

AmandaVL

Wow Amanda - what a surprise!! Congratulations! I'm so happy that you and Carol are doing well after a dangerous pregnancy. You are so lucky that she was able to come home so soon!
Don't worry about your workouts for now! I'm sure your body is still adjusting to the preeclampsia and your blood pressure fluctuations and meds in addition to just giving birth!
I remember being very weepy after my twins were born early. They had to stay in the hospital for 12 days and I was nursing and the doctor gave me a hard time about it and I would end up bursting into tears and this made him very uncomfortable. The nurses told me all the postpartum moms cried and it didn't phase them at all. You've just been through a lot physically and emotionally, plus you are probably very sleep deprived - give yourself lots of time to get back to "normal"!!
Congratulations again!!!!
Erica

Congratulations! I just want to agree with Erica's sentiments! Girl you've been through a lot and feeling weird is all part and parcel of having babies. I cried solidly for 3 weeks after Sarah was born, but slowly life became more manageable (and eventually the workouts followed)
Take care,
Liz N :)

Hi Amanda! I'm so happy for you and Carol Elizabeth. I know that she holds an especially special place in your heart. Glad to hear that it all worked out so well and that you are both home and bonding.

I was sooooo tired after Eric too and it took a good while for me to feel somewhat caught up. I strongly feel that the sleep deprivation contributes to the weepies along with raging hormones at this time.

I'm doing great and thought by now I would be joining you in the announcemment but I guess this little guy is not ready to show his face yet. Thanks for asking. The name choice is narrowing in so we will see what it will be on that special day.

Lots of rest and well wishes to you and your family! Take Care!

Amanda,
I'm happy to hear that you and Carol Elizabeth are both healthy and at home. Best of luck to you both!

Hi Amanda!

Congratulations on your precious new baby girl! I am so glad to hear you both are ok and doing well. You can add me to the list of those that were weepy a whole lot after giving birth. I remember just crying and crying with my son and having no clue why. As I started talking to other moms I realized how normal it really is. Between the lack of sleep and raging hormones it's a wonder anyone can stop crying sometimes. Take care of yourself and get as much rest as you can. Enjoy that sweet little girl!:)

Alison

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl!! I had my son on March 27, so I am right there in that weepy, lack of sleep stage too! It's nice to know it's normal!
Good Luck & Enjoy!
Melissa

Congratulations to you and your family, that is one specail little girl you have there, so much meaning and so many memories...enjoy her!!!

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. I was also very weepy for about 3 weeks after the birth of my 3rd baby. Anything would set me off but eventually it stopped. For me, it was getting used to having a baby again, my second was born 5 1/2 years earlier so it was like having a first child again. I had been so set in my routine and my whole life changed after giving birth. Now my little baby is 15 months already, it goes by so fast and I cannot imagine my life without him. Enjoy your baby!!

Congratulations! Enjoy every minute :)

I have days where I feel like I've been run over by a truck, too... but I'm only 34 wks. along LOL... not postpartum yet!

Just take it easy and allow yourself to relax... no sense jumping back into the exercise routine until your body tells you it's ready! Aside from kegels, I give you a reprieve LOL :) (I am now the kegel queen -- Sheila's influence :)
Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.