Bouncing babies and their mommas 3/28-4/3

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! Just gettin us started! DH got up early and made us choc chip pancakes, egg beaters and turkey bacon. I only had one pancake, a little egg beaters and one piece of turkey bacon and added a banana. My throat feels like I swallowed a golf ball. UGH!

James wasn't screaming for food when he woke up so we fed up a few tbsps of sweet potatoes and he loved it! He did make a face at first like "WTH is this stuff?" but then chowed down. He is doing such a great job with the spoon. I will try the peas later this week. If I can figure out how to add the video to FB I will post it later.

Melanie- Good luck on your run! Can't wait to hear about it!

Morning Susan! How did Kara sleep?

Christine- Did you devour the nachos and/or popcorn?

Hey Lisa! How is Reese doing at night?

ALright ladies, off to start my day before my cold stops me and get some things done. Have a great Sunday!

Yeah. Seeing this post always puts a smile on my face. :D Thanks for getting us started, Jen!

My friend is so excited to run the figure eight with me! She's meeting me at 10AM to run with me. :D I'm gearing up....already pooped today. Have you ever weighed yourself before & after a poop? I was 136.4 before my poop, and 135.2 after. I had two nice "twin logs". I thought that was ALOT of poop. Hee Hee. I shoulda waited an let them logs out in the woods, then I would be a "true athlete", like Christine. ROTFL

Alrighty, I'm the only one awake (besides DH who is at coffee shop already)...I best get some chores done quick! I'm making lentil sloppy joes today too!

Morning Ladies!!!
Just did 40 min intervals on treadmill. I was determined to workout today! AFter I nursed K I handed her over to dh and Haley and hopped on!
Melanie-we miss you when you work!!! Have a great run today. Can't wait to hear about it! Good job pooping! I usually poop a few times a day not pregnant so your deposit seems minimal to me lol.
I am having lentil sloppy jos today too. I LOVE them. Dh gagged when he tried it though lol.
Jen-so glad James is doing well eating! We videod K too ...the look of their faces when they get something new is priceless! K nursed what seemed like all night...maybe shes growing.

gonna hit the shower and we are headed to Little rock for the day.
Eats so far
2 clementines
2 eggs whites
high fiber dry toast

Morning waves to everyone. bbl

Susan~ now why did u have to go and tell me you poop THREE times a day? You know how competitive I am? I must muster up two more poops now. J/K You know what I did? I took an Imodium b/c I feel "loose" and I don't want my run to go bad. Now how silly is that? .....I'm a little scared now about those lentil sloppy joes....you DH gagged? :eek::eek:

Just 30 more minutes or so until my run! I"m such a dork! The final countdown! LOL

Jen - Feel better! So sorry! Glad that James likes the sweet potatoes. That is a great one to start with. Warning: Their poop will be the color of what they eat, so you may see some orange poop son! Blueberries make frightening poop! Oh, and if you give them avocados, double diaper, they get loosey goosies!
Susan- Wow you get stuff done quickly in the morning! Great to hear that you had a good run. My DH would gag if I made lentils. I have to lie a bit about what I am serving occassionally. I told him that Israeli couscous is pasta. And that he si having brown rice when I give him barley. Have a great day! And, I am with mel, I now have poop envy!
Menlanie- I will not even weigh myself till AFTER poop! I am siting here having coffee waiting to poop so i can run! i hope that your run is a huge success! do you wear a garmin to see your splits? i hit lap at each mile. also, if i see my heart rate spike, i hit lap, so i can look back later to see why (hills, dehydration, etc). oh ma, dh is on the potty and i have baby with bottle. eek. have to poop! grrr!
i posted some pics on fb of the kids, i got some great ones this week.
jen- i am proud of not caving in to my munchies, i had a luna bar instead. so glad, otherwise io would feel like a lard.
priscilla- getting rest? i think our boys are on the same developmental track, they seem to not sleep at the same time. clx and abs after run today. how is changing the cardio going? i think you will like the change!
lisa- do you go back this week or next? how was reese last night?

HI..just waiting on dh to get ready to go...he played on the puter too long. K is about ready for a nap and I want her to sleep in the car.
Christine I dont run on the treadmill...it just hurts my body. I go 1 min at 3 incline, then 2 at 10 incline...fastest I go is 5.0..I feel pretty worked out!
Melanie you complain about not pooping then take something not to poop...you crack me up!! Want me to start lying about how many times I poop lol. Lentil will make you poop more..promise!!
ok..be back later this afternoon

Wow! I go away to get stuff done and you guys get all chatty! :p

Ok so for the second time, Meso 1 Disc 7 is done! I really like that one so I was glad to do it twice. I am back on the bandwagon! Also did Jackie Warner's abs. I took Allegra D again today to clear up my head but the drip is making my throat hurt. Oh well...Plus it makes me a little hyper so I am getting sooo much done. ;)

I'm going to make the lentil soup that Allison (I think) posted. Also making the black bean and brown rice casserole again and DH is grilling chicken for dinner tonight. I'm trying to get ahead on the weeks meal.

Christine- Tks for the tip on the color of poop. His spit up has been orange tinted. Good job on not caving into the sweets. My driving force now is this woman that said I looked pregnant. DH thinks it funny to remind me of it cause he knows how determined it makes me.

Melanie- I knew as soon as I read Susan's post about how many times she poops that you would compete with her! :p You are probably running now and I know you are doing great!

Susan- Way to go for getting the intervals out of the way! Have fun in Little Rock! Buy something for yourself!

Off to the grocery store so I can cook all day!

Just got back from my run. Did a PERFECT eight mile run in the shape of an "eight". IT WAS AWESOME BEYOND AWESOME....endorphins galore. :D :D I feel so accomplished. :)

Christine, I have a garmin. I have no idea how to use it though beyond distance and pace. What does the "lap" thing mean? When you feel tired you push it? I wear a HR monitor but the number is super small when I run I can't see it. Today was average 10 min/mile. Average HR 144. Top HR 168. I've calculated my max HR to be about 185 or so,...but rarely go that fast unless I'm doing intervals. Teach me! What do i need to do with this lap button?!?!?

Susan, I had to put more water in the crockpot. It doesn't taste very BBQ-y. Do you think it'd be okay to add BBQ sauce?

Jen, I confess, I have poop-envy. LOL Sounds like you & Susan are enjoying STS.

Did I tell you Body Beach has some new workouts? Anyone have Brazilian Butt Lift? There's an RevAbs workouts too. Charlene is coming out with new workouts this Spring too. *Sigh* So many workouts, so little time. I"m excited to finish up this 1/2 marathon so I can start Charlean Xtreme. 12 weeks is a long time for "training". I might do another 1/2 marathon in Fall though, if this one goes well. I hate to start an indoor rotation when Summer is the only really good time to run up here in Minnesota.

Lisa, how's it going? Any changes in scale since adding 200 calories?

Precilla, any big plans today?

Hi ladies,
Can I join you? My newest arrival Jacob was born on March 18.
Poop is something I think about more these days.It's so nice to not be constipated anymore. Those pregnancy hormones are rough.

melanalyus- Can you post your lentil sloppy joe recipe? I'd love to try it.

Melanie- DO you upload your garmin to the computer? I do. When I hit lap, it segments that portion, almost like "chapter" in a book. SO, every mile, I hit lap, so I can come home and upload it adn see where my times falter, is it mileage or incline? You can graph heart rate, pace, elevation. It is helpful to help you gauge your pace over time. You can also upload the info to google earth and it will be a satellite image of your run. so fun, and you can see where you had high heart rate, etc. The lap function is great too, if you have a cool down lap or walk at the end, hit lap at the end of runnign, and then you do not muddle your time by adding the walking part... Glad to hear that the run was a success! I am so glad. Confession, I bought the RevAbs. Guess there might be another operation... i am goign to try to figure out the DVD burning later today!
Jen- Get well! Wait till you see orange poop. Oh, and it starts to REALLY smell like poop when they start food! Ha ha!
Susan- are you ice skating?
Got DH to run 10 miles, did not tell him there were two more after that. He is dead! But glad he did it. The kids were good the whoel way. I did CLX adn Extreme Abs after and am ready to go out for tacos and beer for lunch. Mmmm!
Catch you all later, john needs momma!
:)

kendra- you snuck in on me! Welcome and congratulations. There is a lot of poop and kegel talk on here. Get ready! I think the lentil recips is in last weeks thread (sugarless mommas)!

YES!!!!! I"m so excited about RevAbs!!! I want it, yes let's do another operation!!!! :D :D :D :D Yes, I download,...but have never used lap button. I will now! I did do the google earth thing once I think.

Welcome Latricia! Susan's got the lentil sloppy jo receipe. I think it was posted last week? I can post later. Congrats on your new baby. :)

Oh, and I pooped again. Another double logger. So does that count as FOUR poops? If so, I win. :D :D

Jen-How sweet of DH! Does he do that a lot? So sorry that lady was such an idiot and called you preggo! You look great!! My MIL is like that. When we told her I was pregnant with Reese, she said that she could tell. Really? At 6 weeks, you could tell by my stomach and I couldn't?? Thanks. Just had a baby 9months prior..what's your excuse? hmm...sorry about that MIL tangent. I'm with you on having an extra motivation. I know my stomach is bigger than it was several weeks ago, and I really don't know why. Something with my ab work?? Ya for James and his sweet potatoes. I could eat those at every meal. yum.

Melanie-Your run sounds awesome! Great job! Yes, you beat Susan, so you win the porcelain trophy. :) The scale still isn't budging. I've stayed within my calories, but I know I've been eating more carbs than I should. They are making me feel so blah.

Christine-I go back to work a week from tomorrow. I'm so going to miss my little sweet pea, but I know I will enjoy the 4 weeks I have with her in June when she is a little older. You think you have poop envy?? I eat a ton of fiber but it doesn't seem like it. I sometimes would like to take that stuff they give you before a colonoscopy just so that I can start fresh.

Susan-Hope you enjoy your day in Little Rock

Welcome Kendra! Looking forward to getting to know you.

I feel so out of the loop not making lentils today! I actually did think about it, but I'm being nice to DH and giving him a meat dish. I may try lentil sloppy joes tomorrow. If he finally decides to have his way with me, maybe I'll make him a real sloppy joe just for being good :). It's been 2 months. It's time.

I did the scrambled eggs premix of Body Max 2 (BM2..so very appropriate for this thread). Not too bad for eats today, with the exception of a breakfast slip up. I feel so down and gloomy lately. It's almost like I'm getting my period. I didn't get it for 7 months with Caden, even though I was supplementing the whole time and stopped completely at 4 months.

B-Steel cut oats, monkey bread (approx 200cals worth) (350)
S-Tuna w/ff cream cheese (100)
L-Romaine w/tuna, TVP, tomato, light vinaigrette, 1/2 banana (350)
S-PB/nut/oat snack mix (150)
D-Beef Barley Hotdish (??)

Anyone have Brazilian Butt Lift? That's the other series I'm contemplating. OMG....this is why I am a vidiot and have over 125 exercise DVDs. LOL

JOhn is competing with me? Hmmm. Maybe after Susan's lentil sloppy joes I can pop out another couple of logs. I"m always game for a good competition. LOL

Christine, I'm excited about RevAbs. When did you pre-order and WHY didn't you tell us sooner?!?!? You know we'd be so excited for you & your new adventures. BTW, after your BM what did you weigh in at?...if you don't mind me asking? Have you hit your goal yet? I love your diet, BTW. I think I found my energy combo: 1 GU energy gel every 20-30 minutes of running. Does that sound like alot?

So far today:

B: steel oats, coffee
S: 2-energy gels (not sure what that counts for?) during run
S: Raspberry Vanilla protein Smoothie post run
L: 1 full sandwich: turkey breast, guacomole, low fat cheese, spinish, rye
S: Fiber One Bar, 1/2 cup cashews
D: 1 1/2 cup veggies, Lentil sloppy joes on whole wheat bread, 8 oz milk
S: Unsure.

Workout: 8 mile funky eight loop run. :D
2 Liters of Water

Jen....you sick? What's up, girlie?

Oh, I forgot..Christine, I want you to be my chef! Your dinners sound incredible. I probably don't have half of the necessary ingredients in my kitchen.

Jen-Reese is doing fairly well at night. She goes to sleep between 8:30 and 9:30, wakes 4-6 hours later, and then sleeps another 3 or so. Caden was a HORRIBLE sleeper as an infant, so this is such a nice change.

Hi Ladies!
Welcome Kendra and congrats!

Melanie-yes I think I would adda little bbq sauce to mine too. I also added more cooking liquid. I need to tweak the recipe a bit..but I really did like them the first go around too. Great job on your run!....and your poop!

We are home from LR. Luckily dh and I didnt have to ice skate..Haley had a friend with her and they both did great! She only fell one time and had a blast. I think I will try next time. I had to take K out a few times..I didnt realize how cold it would be in there..she had a sweater on but I just felt like she was too cold.
I am having lentil sloppy jo for dinner and dh and K are having beef sloppy jos..I will be sauteeing a yellow pepper to put on mine as well.
I need to chekc out the new beachbody workouts!
bb after I get dinner going.

Well I made the brown rice and chicken casserole as well as the lentil soup with sausage except I used turkey saus. My throat still feels like it is on fire so I took a nap and I'm not sure if I feel better or worse. Maybe I shouldn't have done all this cooking??

Welcome Kendra! And congratulations!

Lisa- Yum, monkey bread sounds good. I wonder if you are pms'ing now? That is really the only time I crave carbs.

Melanie- No no kettelbell but I've been thinking about buying one and some workouts.

Susan- Glad you had a safe trip!

Ok not feeling too hot so I will check back later.

Susan, I added lots of water, and BBQ at end (about 1/2 cup). I liked it & so did the kids. :) Thanks for the recipe

Jen,sorry you are feeling lousy. :( Don't let me be a bad influence with kettleball!!! I wish we lived closer & could share more.

Christine, I will hit lap button next time. It always irritated me about walking/running (tempo runs) the #min/run is skewed...i know know how to fix it.

Kendra, I think we've been pg before together? Do you have other children? Your name sounds familiar!

Toodle Lou for now!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.