Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Fit Moms Pregnancy and Postpartum

Fit Moms Pregnancy and Postpartum We hope this forum will help you stay fit during your pregnancy

Belly cream?

This is a discussion on Belly cream? within the Fit Moms Pregnancy and Postpartum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hello I applied belly cream daily/nightly during my first two pregnancies, drank plenty of water and watched my weight gain ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Catheite

Default Belly cream?

Hello
I applied belly cream daily/nightly during my first two pregnancies, drank plenty of water and watched my weight gain and had no stretch marks.
I can't find the cream I used to use and was hoping to get some recommendations. Please let me know what you love!
Thanks,
Liz
Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Cathlete

I used cocoa butter and vitE oil morning and night and never got a mark at all. I also watched my weight, so I think that plays a major role in stretch marks.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Cathlete
melimcn's Profile Fields

My guess is that you're just genetically lucky, and you'd be fine through this pregnancy even without cream.

I used Palmer's Belly Butter for stretch marks through my entire pregnancy day and night.
Despite that, one day at 35 weeks, I woke up with stretch marks.

I think the creams are something that makes us feel better about trying to do something. You're either going to get stretch marks, or you're not. Looks like you're in the latter camp.
Lucky girl!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 04:43 PM

I tried to use the Palmer's brand of Cocoa butter and Vitamin E and got a HORRIBLE rash from it...apparantly an allergic reaction. I had never heard of such since it is suppose to be an incredibly gentle product, so I guess I'm the strange one. Anyways, I stopped using it early in my pregnancy and was too scared to try anything else. I didn't get any stretch marks. My mom didn't get any with either of her pregnancies. I really think it's all genetics....
Old 01-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Catheite
bmccartney's Profile Fields

I got a terrible rash from the Palmer's lotion too!!! I slept with ice packs on my belly for a couple of nights, it was awful. I didn't use lotions after that either and don't have any stretch marks.