Belly belts?

Calee

Cathlete
Ok I have a couple of questions:
Has anyone ever used those supporter belts? I'm 28 wks and would like to continue running (well jogging!) as long as I can but lately it's starting to get a little uncomfortable because my belly is heavier. I'm wondering if those supporter belts are worth a try or if I should just bump up the incline and start walking.
I signed up with my coworkers for a 5k that we do every year as an office on March 14th but am wondering if I'm going to have to wuss out:( Were you running mamas able to continue to jog at least throughout pregnancy? If so, any tips or suggestions? I really would like to continue for as long as possible, I'm really packing on the pounds as it is so I need to be able to exercise!
TIA, Calee

first of all ------ you would not be wussing out!:D you're in your 3rd trimester woman! :D most people wouldnt think of doing the 5k, let alone being preg! kudos to you for keeping up w/ your fitness!

second - i didnt run while preg so i actually cant help!:p
just wanted to say "you're doing awesome!!!!":cool:

You're NOT a wuss. I rarely run anymore even though I've done 6 marathons (maxed out at 60-70 miles per week). I just don't love it anymore. I have bad back pain and am 32 weeks on Tuesday. I sometimes wear a belly belt, but not during exercise. Do what feels right for your body. You go girl...and have fun at the 5k!!

Ok I have a couple of questions:
Has anyone ever used those supporter belts? I'm 28 wks and would like to continue running (well jogging!) as long as I can but lately it's starting to get a little uncomfortable because my belly is heavier. I'm wondering if those supporter belts are worth a try or if I should just bump up the incline and start walking.
I signed up with my coworkers for a 5k that we do every year as an office on March 14th but am wondering if I'm going to have to wuss out:( Were you running mamas able to continue to jog at least throughout pregnancy? If so, any tips or suggestions? I really would like to continue for as long as possible, I'm really packing on the pounds as it is so I need to be able to exercise!
TIA, Calee

Thanks Kate and Laura for the encouragement. I really admire all the women on here that continue to work out and be active. It seems like the bigger I get the less motivation I have, which should be the opposite!
Maybe I'll go to Motherhood and try to hop around in one of their supporters and see how it feels before I buy one to jog in. Thank you for the support, I drop in the pregnancy forum every once in a while just for fun and am always motivated to keep trying :)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.