Is Basic Step dvd good during pregnancy??

lanesv

Hi!
I'm new to the forum, and just wondered if I could get some feedback on the Basic Step and Body Fusion dvd. Is this a safe workout to do during a pregnancy? My thought was to do the 30 minute step portion 1-2 times a week, then do some workouts on my elliptical trainer 1-2 times a week, and then purchase a couple of pre-natal workout dvd's (probably Leisa Hart Fitmama and a yoga one), for variety.

I would appreciate any feeback on the basic step workout:)

Hi Stacey,
I remember doing Basic Step once or twice when I was pregnant and really liking it. It was delivered when I was about 5 months along but it was also about that time that my feet gave out on me and I couldn't do any standing workouts after that. But I would've used this workout to the end if I could have. I don't remember doing Body Fusion. But both were helpful in getting me back into workout mode after the baby.
Diana

Hi Stacey! Welcome to the forum! How far along are you?

BS/BF is terrific for pregnancy. Your workout plans sound quite reasonable and safe, actually.

The BS workout is entirely low impact, and a slower tempo than Cathe's more advanced workout. The choreography is simple without being reptitively boring.

BF has a bit more impact to it, but that is easily modifable to low impact.

Cathe has also just announced that she will be releasing 3 new beginner/intermediate level workouts, probably some time in August. They look really good for pregnancy. If you're interested, check out the Ask Cathe Forum for details. They are having a presale right now, so if you order right away, you will get the dvds for a substantially cheaper price than if you wait.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Sandra

Hi!
Thanks for the wonderful feedback and congratulations to you!
Actually, I'm not pregnant at the moment but we plan on trying for #3 this Fall (I have two toddlers at the moment). I've been very active after the birth of my daughter 2 years ago and just want to make sure I keep my fitness level up during my next pregnancy. At this point I'm just doing a little research on what is available to do workout wise during a pregnancy and have had my eye on Cathe's dvd's for a while now. I'm excited to get the Basic Step workout (I'm asking for it for Christmas!), and I think I'll also check out her new beg/int step dvd also.

Hope your pregnancy is going well, is this your first?

Stacey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.