Baby Update...

Clarissa

Cathlete
I had to go to the hospital today for tests...I am 32.5 weeks.
I had 3 procedures done. My cramping is pretty bad right now.
I had an ultrasound and the baby's head is already down. I had no idea. It was a bit early for that. I thought for sure his head was under my ribs - guess that was his butt all this time! Haha! I am, however, dilated already too, which isn't too great but I can stay like that for weeks he said. Dr. was pretty concerned and I had a non-stress test also, and some sort of cervical measurements. They said I was "cutting it close" on the measurements. They said some numbers, but they meant nothing to me. Just medical jargon. Additionally, I lost almost 4 pounds in 14 days...? Also, he said I had SPD, which I forget what it stands for, but it meant that my pelvis was more separated than should be, and that is due to my way too frequent activities. So, he lectured me to stop working and proceded to write a note to my "employer", but I reminded him that I worked for myself, not an employer. He saw how worried I was to stop working, so he said to downsize my clients at least, and to sit and lecture. He wasn't happy about my all-over-the-place schedule. I will have to, I think, stick with my reliable good-old clients only and thus eliminate my new ones that require too much instruction at this point. I will find a way to tell them. I haven't thought about it much yet. I feel so bad and guilty. But I should cut back to 1/2 time right now. I am in so much pain. I really thought I was in labor. I will be, he says, if I don't ease on down. I am so glad I went to see him. PS - my endorphin levels are soooo low right now due to minimal MINIMAL exercise. :( :( :( Can this be done soon? :(

Just wanted to share. Clarissa

I'm sorry you're going through this....it must be tough! Hang in there....you are soooooo close.

As far as following dr's orders.....was he concerned about premature labor? If so...you may want to consider taking a couple weeks off now.

Clarissa, saw your post and just wanted to wish you luck. I had my first son at 35 weeks -- he was five pounds even and needed no help from machines, though they did keep him in the NICU for three days just to be sure. Every day means so much for that little baby right now -- if you can keep him/her in there a few more weeks, it would be really great. I would put that ahead of my clients if I were you. I don't mean to make you worry, but think of the expense associated with a premie if you're worried about losing income.

-Beth

I agree with Melanie. You dont want to put your baby at risk. Working out and working can wait until after the baby arrives. You need to think about yourself and your baby right now. i would suggest following the doctors orders and taking it easy! I know its hard to stop working out when you are used to being active, but you are very close the being done with your pregnancy. you dont want to risk harming the baby or yourself right?
I dont mean to lecutre, i just think you need to take it easy if that is what the doctor is saying. Your clients wil be there afterward and im sure they will completely understand. You need to put your babys needs first right now and make sure that little bundle arrives healthy

so please try to take it easy so that you and your baby can have a safe and healthy delivery! I promise work and working out and your clients will still be there in a couple of weeks! :)

for a minute there I thought you were going to say your on bedrest.... so it could always be worse. Take it easy as best you can like the doc says! Baby will be here before you know it and then you can get back in shape and get your endrophins back! hugs!!!! sorry about having to cut some clients though. Keep us updated!

Clarissa,

I am giving you a HUGE cyberhug and hope everything goes well. As a counselor, I don't give "A"dvice as you and your doctor will make the best decision for you and your little one. Please know that I'm with you through the miles and am wishing you the best.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts Clarissa. As others have said working and working out can wait. Your clients should understand that the baby needs to come first right now and needs to stay put for another few weeks. It's ok to take it easy.

No advice, but just wanted to say hang in there it will be over soon and it will all be worth it. And, let go of the guilt, you don't need that along with everything else.

Thank you, everyone. I didn't mean to sound selfish - hope I didn't. I guess I am just ..."down" in general. I know you understand. That is why I posted. You are all so nice. I just want a healthy baby. Not a weak baby just so "mommy could look good" . Give me a break. I need to get over this obsession. I have always feared getting fat again, like in high school. I will never let that happen. My clients, by the way, are being so nice about everything. I want them to see results. I care so much, because of my past issues with weight. So, I am just thinking of everyone involved here is all. I'll keep you all updated. Please keep doing the same about your little ones! I love reading this stuff! Thanks again,

Clarissa

My clients, by the way, are being so nice about everything. I want them to see results. I care so much, because of my past issues with weight. So, I am just thinking of everyone involved here is all. I'll keep you all updated. Please keep doing the same about your little ones! I love reading this stuff! Thanks again,

Clarissa

My clients finally know that I'm "out of the nursery". They will understand, I trust in that. Sending you TONS 'O HUGS!!!

Please listen to your doctor. I had my first daughter at 31 weeks. I thought something was up because I wasn't feeling great but passed my "tests" when I went to the doctor. Later that night I had her. I went from 2 cm to 10 cm in 45 minutes and she was almost delivered in an ambulance on our way out to a higher level hospital. The nurse told me to "hold it in if you want to save your baby". I barely made it. She weighed in at 3 pounds 5 ounces. She spent 27 days in the NICU. She was never on any machines and to this day she is just petite. She is 23 months and weighs 22 pounds. Thank God she is healthy and we have not had any problems. I don't mean to scare you but things do happen. Please take it easy. Your clients will always be there and you will be back in shape in no time. Think of your baby first.

Clarissa--I'm sorry you are going through this. I just said a prayer for you. Please take good care of yourself and that precious little one. (((hugs)))

Maggie

Thank you, everyone. I didn't mean to sound selfish - hope I didn't. I guess I am just ..."down" in general. I know you understand. That is why I posted. You are all so nice. I just want a healthy baby. Not a weak baby just so "mommy could look good" . Give me a break. I need to get over this obsession. I have always feared getting fat again, like in high school. I will never let that happen. My clients, by the way, are being so nice about everything. I want them to see results. I care so much, because of my past issues with weight. So, I am just thinking of everyone involved here is all. I'll keep you all updated. Please keep doing the same about your little ones! I love reading this stuff! Thanks again,

Clarissa

Clarissa,

Since becoming pregnant, I have actually felt panicked about becoming fat again. I too was heavy when I was younger and that is something that once you overcome will never leave you as much as I wish it would at times. The fear that I could be fat again is vicious. I too feel like i need to get over this obsession, but it is almost a part of me! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain in this regard and I figure it out, I'll let ya know.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.