baby mamas - june 22-28

chefkate

Cathlete
hope everybody had a good weekend & dads day!
did you have some indulgences? if not, you're awesome! if so .. forgive, forget, and move on!
plan your menu & wo's for the week ..... and get busy! :D:D

stephanie, my dds are going w/ their gparents today ..... im fully expecting a meltdown tonight too! :eek::p
yay doms!

candra, ooooooh, goaties!! too cute!!!

lisa, hang in there!!! monday makes it all better!

bbl.....

I ate way too much yesterday:eek: I am not going near the scale and I am drinking a lot of water!! I am planning on doing ME today.

BBL
Candra

Candra, Water and ME will cover a multitude of sins! :p:D:D:D

-

YES!!! Got STS chest done! I'm going to do 1 body part per day and cardio daily. This is my plan til vacation in a month. I LOVE MESO2!!! ***thank you Julia for napping!****

Got a bunch of errands done and DDs dropped off too. Mike's parents are taing them to Ford Museum and an Imax movie today. Mike and I are going out shopping and to dinner tonight. I'm so exicted - It'll be like a date....with Julia. But she's easy and it's all good! She doesn't make us play tictactoe while we wait for our food!:p

Eats are so clena and I feel so good! Will get some healthy lunch on as soon as Julia wakes up. Fage and homemade applesuace for her, ..... spag sauce, veggies and triscuits for me. NO WHITE PASTA!!!!

Kate -what are putting spag sauce on? just went grocery shopping. baby is asleep on one side so typing 1 handed. I need your sig! ha

---
making salmon & b. rice for dinn. still no w/o!!!!!! ugh

hi Candra & everyone else!

Hi mamas!

Kate--You're so good. I did SO badly yesterday, and feel sluggish today because of it, but it's a new day! Isn't it odd moving to table food with the babies? Seems like they were just newborns. They are growing SO fast. I gave Charlie part of Henry's cheese sandwich today (pinched up really small), and you would have thought it was candy! YAY on the STS! Have fun!

Candra--You are in good company on the bad eats yesterday! :eek: Oddly though, when I weighed myself this morning, fully expecting to be in tears, the scales were a pound and a half lighter than they were Friday. I think sometimes our metabolism, just like our muscles, likes for us to switch up the eating routine, so a cheat day every once in a while is a good thing.

Jess--Your dinner sounds yummy! We're having leftovers. I bought some wheat pita bread and some hummus, so I am thinking about making some pita chips too just for the heck of it.

---

Well, Oliver has day camp all week. Hope he has fun! It's just been me and Henry and Charlie. Boy was I tired today! Charlie woke up at 5 a.m. What's with THAT? Going to pick up on CLX today. It's cardio day thank goodness. My bicep still is sore. :( And it's an achy/not good sore. Hopefully it will be ready for heavy weights tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Jess, I put my sauce on raw peppers. Wierd, I know, but I really try to avoid pasta and all we have is white stuff. Great dinner planned! Wish I like salmon tho!

Stephanie, We need to figure out a way to make them stop growing!:p But right now I'm savoring it..... Julia fell asleep nursing and she rarely does that anymore. Since my big girls are gone I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy it!:D:D:D I love their breath and sleep noises!:D:D
LOL at the sandwich! We have J some grilled cheese this weekend and she was the same way. Her whole body was a'shakin' and tremblin' she was so excited!:p
WTG on the scale!!! woooo hoooooo! Keep it up!
Does Henry get sad that Oliver goes off w/o him? My DDs would hate that!
:eek::eek: on the sore bicpe still!! Not good! Getting older stinks!:p:mad:
BLECH to the early mornign wakeup! I like to get up early but I much prefer to have the LO's sleeping then!

Hello Mamas!

Dinner out was so nice!
Met my sister for a run but geez louise - it is sooo muggy and awful. We decided to walk instead. So an hour powerwalk and STS chest - I'm considering that good for today!
Time to shower and climb into bed! :D:D

Kate--You're going to bed, and I'm just now going to eat dinner! :p

Just finished CLX cardio and abs. Now DINNER!! Uh oh, I hear little boys being defiant....

See yall tomorrow!

Hi mommies! Today eats are on track. I feel so much better that way. I am nursing P and typing with onw hand. Planning on a wo, but not sure what. 4DS something? BBIAB, P is reaching for the keyboard.

Lisa

Candra - I ate way too much over the weekend also. Stupid me stepped on the scale. Gained a pound. Better day today though. How was yours?

Kate - P is sleeping on me right now. She still falls asleep nursing. I refuse to let that one go yet.

Jess - I was doing the one hand thing also. I actually got quick at it too, lol.

Steph - My kids are in summer fun and they come home wiped out which actually makes my life easier. Great job on the wo and hope that bicep feels better.

I have to still wo tonight. Waiting for DH to finish eating and keep an ear out for the baby so I can wo. Hm...4DS BC I think. We'll see. My energy level is waning. AGH, but I will not skip my wo!! Oh and P pooped during bathtime for the first time tonight. I saw her "poop" face and thought, "oh no" and sure enough out it came!

Lisa

hi mamas, just popping in to say hi... i am up to my eyeballs in sick baby here! he got better and then all of a sudden it was back. 2 ear infections, some wheezing, and now hes not keeping food down =( i am exhausted and havent worked out since saturday and not even much walking because its been raining heavily on and off. hoping to get some reprieve tonight maybe and at least go for a walk by myself once he is asleep. last night i just went to bed with dh after jj was down, so tired. on the positive side, if there is one, he is quite cuddly right now. gets random 3 minute spirts of energy that wane that quickly, really, and then back on mommas lap we go. this thing is brutal and i hope its gone soon.

w

oooh, wendy, hang in there! hugs to jj!!

stephanie, yay wo!!!! whats for dinner???

lisa, grrrr baby!:p j's learnng that trick too!
lol @ poop/tub!

-
productive home day here! love it!

Hi mamas,
Hope you all are having a good day!

Wendy--So sorry your little one is sick! Hope JJ feels better soon!

Lisa--Did you do bc? That's a toughy, but a fun one! Eww on the poopy bath! We've not had that happen YET. :confused:

Kate--YAY on productivity!! None here! :p Oh, and I had a big salad and a turkey sandwich on Ezekial bread for dinner. I was STARVING after my wo. :confused:

----

Well, it's day 2 of camp week for Oliver. YAY! He was super sweet when he got home yesterday. Glad he has something fun to do. Wish Henry did. It's TOO HOT to play outside during most of the day. We're talking mid-90s with heat index near or over 100. :eek: Henry and Charlie and I went to KMart today after taking Oliver to camp. They have these flip flops that are a rip off of the Fit Flop. I have a pair of Fit Flops and love them, and they cost $50 when I bought them last year. These rip-offs are on sale for $10, and you can't tell the difference! Poor Henry has a sty on his eye, and it looks so painful. He has terrible allergies, and this is one way they manifest. And it's pretty hard to make a 4 year old keep a compress on his eye! :confused: My bicep is MUCH better, and Charlie slept GREAT last night. So I'm ready for a great workout tonight! CLX again. Boy am I ready to move on to the Push phase. A week and a half to go... The scales went way down the first week (down five pounds), then went up some. I'v lost about three pounds since starting this two and a half weeks ago. That's not much at all. I'm fitting into some more of my clothes, but still in my "fat clothes." UGH!! C'mon results!!!

Anyway, enough of that... Hope you all have a great day!! :)

hey all. just popping in. i got maybe 10 min of w/o in yesterday. booo! then liam was up all night with gas and also pooped in the middle of the night. he went to bed late and woke up early to top it off. oh well. we have good nights and bad nights. the night before this was one good. oh well. I'm feeling like a ugly blob lately. trying not too but I keep wanting to be back into my old clothes and feeling good about myself.

wendy -hope your little one is well soon. :(

Well after posting in the wrong thread and wondering where everyone was at I found you all here..lol

Wendy~that sounds just awful hang in there!

Jess~it'll happen hang in there. How far PP are you? Sara just turned 8m old and I am just now starting to fit into my old clothing and still not all of it.. I have about 5-7lbs.. depending on how it goes back..lol It was diffrent for each of mine and Sara was #4, but I have went back to my old self every time so don't worry it'll happen!!

Kate~yes that is a great time! Well for me it is. In a longer race I average 10 mins miles. In a 3.1 miler I have done 26:30, bu that is the fastest and that was reallllllly training. Well it would seem that now Sara is pulling up and crusing around my parents furniture.. good grief she is only 8m old! I am NOT ready for this. It figures the last one is gonna be all over the place.

Candra~how cute are they???? Sweet!

Lisa~Having a bad weekend every once in a while is okay!

Well father's day was sad for us, but just thinking about next year and having dh back is a happy thought. Thankfully dh got his father's day box Sat. so just in time.

I have been getting power walks in on my moms treadmill. I walk at 4.8 mph and I am short so that is really trucking it for me. I have been doing 4 miles daily and then swimming in the pool w/ the kids afterward. I will get back to hard core running once I get back home. For now it's 100 outside and 105-110 heat index so running outside is not an option and I am afraid to run on my moms treadmill. I have broken 2 before this running on them so I figure I'll take it easy. LOL I am going to get p90x when we get back and I am thinking of doing it Sept./Oct./Nov. and dh is coming home in Dec. for R&R so I wanna look the best I ever have. Has anyone ever done p90x?

Hi Trish! LOL!

Stephanie, Great job w/ the clean eats! And you're getting your WO consistently too! You're doing awesome! Be proud of yourself!
Never heard of FitFlops.... Will look them up! I am FF fanatic!
Poor Henry's eye!! I hate when things like that happen!
It's too hot outside here too. I kept them busy w/ paint projects all day.

Jess, You are not an ugly blob!!!
You're havng rough days and nights as basically a single mom! Don't be so hard on yourself! You are doing GREAT!!!!

Trish, LOL at breaking treadmills!!
WAH!!!! They're gonna be 1 in just 4 months!! How did this happen?!?!?!:p:p:( Guess I'm gonna need another newborn!;):p
I've never done P90x.... But I can sing the praises of STS! Esp Meso2 - dang, is that a good WO! I saw the best/most changes with Meso 2. IT's like GymStyles but even better! My UB got its definition back ... I was looking at pics we took last week and I look TINY in my UB...but in a good way. Does that make sense???!! LOL! My chest is geting a decent line going down the middle. and I'll be doggone - my butt lifted and my quads GREW!!!! I have legendary chicken legs and now they are SHAPELY!! :cool::cool:
No matter what you do tho - Dh is going to be blown away by his hot wife!:D:D Sorry for the sad Fathers Day - that would be hard. How nice you guys made a box up for him!

-

Did CoreMax1 earlier today. Tonight I did STS shoulders/tris and added on a brutal 15 min on the ellip at maximum incline. I was huffin and puffin to get rid of my muffin!:D:D

Hope all the babies & mamas get a good nights sleep!

Hi mamas!
Did my CLX tonight and wanted more, so I did a 1-mile power walk on the tm with my Cathe vest, which I *heart*. Then did some crunches while watching the Real Housewives reunion. (My guilty pleasure.) Ate a BIG salad and some greek yogurt for dessert. Yay!!

Kate--I can't afford all of STS, so I was thinking about getting just Meso2 when I'm finished with CLX. Would that be wise or stupid in your opinion? Your workouts put mine to shame, girl! WHAT muffin? You must be joking!! I have a whole bunt cake around me! LOL

Trish--Sorry that father's day was rough. ((Hugs)) Your walks sound brutal! I'm a shorty and can't get near 4 mph! That would be a RUN! Way to go, girl!

Jess--((Hugs)) Don't feel like a blob! I'm sure you're not! I catch myself feeling like that several times a day and then have to snap out of it so I'll stay on the right track. We'll get there...Watch out skinny jeans!!

--
I had two bad mommy moments tonight. Accidentally shut the bedroom door on Henry's hand. I had no idea he was standing there! Poor guy. Sty on his eye and now a smushed finger! BAAAAD mommy! So, I gave him m&ms. BAAAAAD mommy... Then, i got down on myself because my measurments have BARELY changed in the past month, and I was talking about how fat I was in front of my kids. Which is a total no no. Oliver was trying to make me feel better, and I thought, what a TERRIBLE thing for him to overhear. Ugh. Kind of underminds my whole thing about EVERYONE being beautiful no matter what size they are because they are children of God. Anyway... I've got to quit talking bad about myself. Bad self esteem is contagious!

Nighty night guys!

thanks for all the well-wishes for jj, ladies... i think he is on the upward spiral at this point, we shall see.

trish, lol at posting in the wrong thread! i was thinking of you and others i know this fathers day who were without their special someones... never done p90x and im in nooooo shape to start it right now. almost bought it in aug 07 when i WAS in the shape to start it but i put it off. then we got pregnant and here i am. you should go for it!

kate, congrats on all that definition! your dh must be so proud, wink wink, mine is being quite patient and sweet considering he was gone almost 6 months and returned to a still-post-partum-fat wife. getting rid of the muffin... lol!!!

jess, i also hate when i dont get a workout in but i know for me if im tired or not feeling well then step workouts are pretty dangerous! i worry about tripping, seriously. do you live where you can go for a walk with him? i walked miles a day the first few months before i could fit workouts into jj's schedule. walk some, jog some... and its still early for your little guy to really sleep through the night, no? dont forget to rest, mama!

steph - wow, that was a hot day for you!! where are you? ive seen fitflops but refrained... dh is really annoyed by the # of flops i already have around the house =/ i am so curious about clx, may send you a pm...

lisa, we also had our first poop in the tub just the other day! did you get 4ds bc done? i have 4ds but ive never done the bc and cant even remember why. im sure i previewed it, maybe it had a lot of high impact i wasnt sure how to modify at the time. ill have to look at it again!

i hope hope hope that jj keeps breastmilk down and we dont have to return to the pedialyte regimen. we are almost at 48 hours so the fever should be subsiding after being on the antibiotics. it would be a small miracle if he actually took normal naps tomorrow (he slept nowhere but in my arms all day) and i could workout!! oh joy... i need a fun circuit, mabe LIC or c&w or circuit premix on sjp/sb... hope hope hope! a girl can dream!

wendy

stephanie - i think you snuck in while i was posting last night! glad you are loving clx, i am thinking it might be right up my alley... watch out bank acct... and i also heart RH of NJ!! missed the reunion special with my sick baby but theyll be rerunning it all week im sure. gotta let those "bad" mommy moments go... they are just like eating... we all have our good days and bad days and our kids know we love them!

wendy

Hi mamas!

Kate--Where are you today? Hope you and your girls are having a good day!

Wendy--Yes, I'm loving CLX, but it has phases, and i'm in the first phase and wanting to move to the second phase. The workouts are short and sweet, but tough. It's three heavy lifting workouts and two cardio workouts plus a yoga-ish workout, which I don't like and don't do, and two ab workouts that are OK... thinking I'll sub Cathe's ab circuits next time. There are some things I had to get past with CLX. Chalene is not as organized as Cathe. She talkes the ENTIRE time, which is motivating the first couple of times and a bit annoying after that. You have to keep up with your own reps and learn how to count them out for yourself. She doesn't do "two/two counts" etc. like Cathe. Pros: she does A LOT of compound moves, which I like. Like doing squats and calf raises while holding heavy weights or lunges and tricep extensions... etc. If you don't like compound moves, you'll not like CLX... And there are two rest days in the first phase, but I don't take but one. I add a Cathe cardio workout or run/walk on the tm to fill the other rest day. That way I get to mix it up a bit. As for the price... I got mine off of ebay. It didn't come with the band and calipers, but I didn't need those. I got it for around $40 which is less than half the beachbody price. Just made sure I got a seller with good ratings. Hope this helped! (sorry for the novel) How's JJ doing?
----
I need to be working on the church newsletter. Haven't done much at all today but clean a bathroom and play with Henry and Charlie. Oliver is at day camp. He's really enjoying it. Better get busy! Hope everyone is having a happy, sunshiney day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.