Baby Love!! Mamas Check-in Aug 3-9

chefkate

Cathlete
So much to do around here. School is starting in a month and I feel so much that I need to soak up every minute with the girls. Gina has already started crying that she wants to stay home.:(:(:(:(:(:( Isabel on the other hand, is ready to drive the bus! How can 2 kids be so different?

Doing some cardio tonight, just not sure what.

Hey everyone! I'm leaving tomorrow and packing today so don't know how much I'll be around. my mom has a computer set up for me so I'll be around some. wish me luck that the boys do good on the trip! esp baby. I'll be bringing some w/o dvds to do there. they have a w/o room!

Kate -My boys are all totally different. Noah is very RUFF and tuff. he needs to get into football or something. My oldest Seth is very artistic and creative. He draws really cool complex pictures and has since he was 4 years old! Baby Liam is just a buddle of joy. lol. he smiles CONSTANTLY and is so social. he literally has smiled when you talk to him from birth. he can't not smile if you smile at him or talk all chipper. He will even smile when tired and fussy if you smile at him lol. I'm curious to see the rest of his personality come out as he grows. and the older two differ on things like that too. (going on a bus or not)

where is everyone?? is it beautiful where you are too? super sunny here, weve been out 2x and JJ is doen for nap #2 right now. waiting for him to get up so i can go to the store... steak tips are 3.99/lb right now and my fam loves meat =) during am nap i did the bm2 power circuits and ub work (alternated circuit style). skipped abs because it was already close to wake up time but will try to get to abs later. i think i need to makea dr appt for my knee... i know i keep saying that but then i put it off hoping i will wake up feeling better. there is just NO way i can stop working out or stop taking long walks, and im afraid they will tell me that!!

jess, believe it or not my neighbor asked for her TJs back TODAY, coincidentally after i told yall how i loved em =( boohoo. i am totally on a spending hiatus but am looking for some on VF for trade. i will look for the fat blaster one, 20min, and any cardio party, thx for the recs! should i look on ebay maybe?

kate, isnt it amazing how sibs can be so different? too young to tell with JJ but i think about me and my bro... total opposites lol!

Wendy -check amazon. I know they have a bunch used there. too bad your neighbor wanted them back. oh well! tell her you love them and are going to get them. maybe she'll decide to let you keep them. ?

Well see you all later. I'll let you know when I'm there. packing like a mad woman now. why do I put this off till the last second??

Jess, I'm a last-minute packer too!:D I do better under pressure! But I could never be a lawyer. It would be the night before the big trial and I'd be "oh....I need evidnece! And witnesses!" LOL!!!
Feelin'' your baby love! I could just wax poetic on Julia all day! I LOVE that baby!!!!

Wendy, steak....mmmmm...... I picked up some today for Wed night.! YUM!
LOL on no appt for your knee! I'm the same way!

Seems like our little mama thread is dyin' off......

Well, I was tired and we almost talked ourselves out of exercising.... but we did it! I did the first half of StepJam - BM2 is on for Tuesday.. I think I'll be splitting it up thru the day!

Kate - Any wo is better than no wo! I can't remember the last time I did BM2 all the way through.
Jess - Have fun!!
Wendy - Hope your knee isn't as bad as you're thinking.

Did ME ub premix. First day of cheerleading practice for my dd. Daily practices this week. I somehow managed to go to work, help kids with homework, make dinner, wo - even though it was a short 45min wo, and get to the parent's meeting for cheerleading all in one day. DD is over at her friend's house now and DH will pick her up after ds is done with football. This will be a loooong week! Ack! Eats are clean today, yay! My mil watched Pomai while I went down to the meeting, and she took a huge dump while I was gone. I was only gone for 45min too! My mil was a trooper about it though!

Lisa

Howdy! Been a lazy semi feel bad day today. I just felt weak and ick w/ a headache. Then I got a nap and perked up. I actually drank half an energy drink and then went for a run. I should have probably rested, but oh well. I was supposed to do weights today and that didn't happen. I have that on plan for tomorrow then the dentist at 1.. ack

Kate~lol at the lawyer. I am the SAME way. I am so last minute. School is starting here in less than 2 weeks. I am WAY happy about this. I just want some peace around this house. The older 2 get Landon all fired up. When they are gone he is an angel and they love being super busy and at school so it works well for everyone. lol I like the weekends with them, but my Monday I am happy to get them back at school.

Jess~have fun at your moms! Cool that you are taking workouts with you.

Wendy~yep it's sunny here, but it was 97 today. It is a bit hot to enjoy the sun.

Lisa~you sound super busy! That makes me tired just reading it all!

Lisa,LOL at MIL! That's funny!
How's POmai hangin' in there with all the to and fro?

Trish, I had a short snooze MOnday too.:eek: I was reading to the big girls while J napped and totally fell asleep on the couch for about 10 minutes. I haven't done that since I was first pp. I felt so refreshed!
Will Landon go w/ ou to the Dentist or will you leave him with the daycare?

hi mommas! well its 80 here already at 7am... gonna be another hot one! i know you southern gals think im crazy but you must understand we had like 6 weeks of rain during our already shorter summer time. i love summer! in boston its sort of a big deal to have a nice tan =) no DOMS from bm2 ub yesterday, hmmm, need to go heavier next time? felt plenty heavy tho! def cardio today and i need to keep it simple for the crunchy knee, maybe the petra kolber one from netflix again. its not bad. havent heard back from the OT yet...

so JJ, 11 mos now, is eating pretty much everything... how about you? i was at the point a few wks ago where i was just avoiding honey, egg whites, whole milk, citrus and nuts (plus limiting sugar overload, not easy with mil around). gave up on the egg whites (why do we wait on these again? what a PITA to separate just for bfast) and hes been fine. and hes accidentally had stuff with milk or nuts in it when we didnt realize, parties and such. i still worry about him choking tho... size and consistency worry me more than allergies now. he overstuffs his mouth and doesnt really "chew" just the gum mashing thing... wondering how you all are doing with feeding stuff now?

trish, sorry you were under the weather yesterday! and boo at the dentist... but i always feel like its such a buildup to it and then its never as bad as expected...

lisa - i cant believe what you get done in a day!! holy moly woman!!!!!!!!!!! lol at mil stuck with the diaper =)

kate - isnt it AWESOME when you psych yourself up ot wo after all?? yay! dont have step jam, think i would lol at the clothes? i have hard time with dated wos...

jess, have fun with your fam and enjoy the help! enjoy some time for yourself!

Last edited:
Kate~they are all going to the childcare today from 12:30-5 I am going to the dentist I think from 1-3 or 4.. not sure on that. They are doing one entire half of my mouth. It isn't anything major, but just cavaties here and there that I have avoided filling. ick I think there are 4.. blah If they are done early I will hit Walmart for some school supplies. Fun stuff there!

Wendy~Sara is 9.5 months now and she is eating mostly baby food,but I want to start giving her more. She does eat puffs, cheerios, kix, and biter biscuits. She does really well with those and never gags at all so I think she would do okay w/ pieces of veggies cooked really well.. maybe I'll try those soon.

So guess what? Didn't get the workout in this morning. I am just having trouble sleeping and it's awful. DHs mission in Iraq has changed and I talk to him a lot less now and he's doing something slightly more dangerous and so I am just having trouble sleeping now. I hope this passes because when my school starts Monday I have got to be reste and awake. I took another nap today while the kiddos watched a cartoon. I just got like 4.5 hours of sleep last night so I needed more rest. This just stinks.

Julia is 9.5 months and eats pretty much everything we eat.:eek: Today we had chicken noodle soup at lunch and she ate everything in it. I know strawberries and peanuts are no-no's, but we have no history of allergies and she's eating them just fine. She's not eating actual nuts but I let her havebites of pb sandwich. I havent introduced a sippy yet - I keep meaning to tho.:eek: I didn;t know we were supposed to separate the yolk from the white.:eek: Oops.:p Haven't given her honey, prob just because I don;t like it myself, but I do knwo about the botulism risk.\ so I'll wait on that.

Wendy, BM2 ub work always gives me DOMS. I make sure to go ultra heavy sonce its so short and really burn it. Doing it tonight actually!:D
Dated Cathe's don't bother me..... but the butt floss cracks me up!:p

Trish, I would have a hard time sleeping too. HUgs to you and your wee ones.
OUCH on all those fillings! I've had 2 and was nursing so I didn't use the pain meds. I figure if I can give birth with no meds a filling should be a walk in the park. The dentist thinks there's something wrong withme!:p:p

-
Did BM2 cardio & circuits. UB & abs tonight.

I survived. LOL

Kate~I had the shots,but no notrous oxide. I don't like it, but some people swear by it. It also costs $9 each time and I am cheap. LOL

Well I am going to try to get MIS in. I have a headache again, but that could be sitting in the chair for so long today and not drinking/eating before. SO I have ate a bit and had some motrin. We'll see. The assistant today said I had nice legs and wanted to know how I got such nice legs. I said well running and some weight training. I do have a way to go, but that was nice to hear. She said oh no way I can't run because I get a side stitch. So I told her to walk some run some and so on. I gave her some pointers. She said I will have to try that. : )

Trish - ((HUGS)) I would be worried if I were you also. Hope you are able to rest esp. after your dental work and being a single parent for now! You amaze me how you do it all!

Kate - Pomai is doing well when I leave to work. She loves her daddy and doesn't mind my mil at all, but still prefers me when tired and hungry, of course. She's pretty easy going so I can't complain. She's not used to my parents though because we only see them once a week or so. How is J when you leave her behind?

Wendy - Are you going to do anything special for JJ's one year bday? I can't believe he's 11mos already! Wow!

Pomai is so behind on food compared to all your babies, lol! She just made 9mos and is more in line with Trish's baby Sara. I've been starting to give her more diced or smashed food instead of the purees because she is starting to refuse them after a few bites. She loves her cheerios though! She's quite a picky eater now which makes things a little hard. I tried to give her papaya smashed not pureed this am and no dice. Cheerios it was. She drinks from a sippy cup for water or diluted prune juice. No nuts for us. DS is allergic so the rest of my kids have to wait.

Off to do some work before the kids get home from school. Need to figure out a wo for today.

Lisa

Trish, yay compliments! That is great!
FWIW, I ALWAYS get a headache after the dentist. I got smart and now I just schedule an appt w/ my chiro for immediately after my dentist!:D:p

Lisa, Julia's fine for me to leave her but honestly, the only person I ever leave her with is Mike. I should leave her w/ others more, but no one offers and I hate to ask. I am NOT good at asking for help. I'd rather just struggle thru. Plus, by the time you get them to a sitter, drop off, errands, pick up, get home....might as well just take em with me and get home faster!
LOL at Pomai being a picky eater! Julia's the opposite! She eats EVERYTHING and I worry that we OVERFEED her. She's like a horse - she'll eat til you take the food away!:p:p:p:p

-
Nic day here! One bad thing is Gina is fighting a bug and I'm hoping it doesn't make its way around the house! Bit eats are good, I did my CS, got payroll done, played games, got paperowrk done, and got some bread in the b;machine. Steak n' potatoes for dnner tonight! Mike's been an aweomse hubby and needs a thank-you meal!:D

kate, thats always a fave guy meal, no? good way to say thanks considering you probably make him eat healthy food.... i know i make my fam eat it =) its annoying tho that guys can eat so much crap and still lose weight... thats never me! i dont leave JJ much either, not even with dh except for here and there. hope gina feels better quick and doesnt pass it around your house!

trish - glad the dentist went ok, i think its never as bad as we expect...

jess, hope you settling in with your fam right now!

another hot one here... im going to check out a gym in my area thats advertising cheap monthly deal right now... i know its a nbice one but im not so sure about leaving jj in daycar eat the gym. and ya i know, i HATE the gym, ive said it before. but i think maybe getting my behind on a bike or something (hate hate hate!!!) might help kick start things for me. what i really wanna see is if they have a free trial week or something. let yall know how it pans out. i am super sore from yesterday so if im planning a leslie if time, otherwise just a stretch max, shall see what i can fit in.

have a good one!

hi everyone -just have a minute. can't catch up much. were here! it went great! my 6 yr old was scared of the planes at first. but after take off was fine. he said "that didn't feel like anything!" then was excited the rest of the trip. ;) Liam did great! I hope he does as well on the way home.
My only problem here is my family likes to EAT. they eat good food but sometimes lots of it haha. ack! I went shopping for some basics today for the boys and I.
I could swear Liam is teething!!!!!!!!? he has been biting for a while on my fingers but hes doing it really hard, being fussy off and on, drooling like crazy. hes a little over 3 months. I don't see anything red or coming out on his gums yet... but I think hes working on it. ?
Well I hope to w/o soon. I need to! catch up later.

Jess, Glad its going well! Good luck w/ the food!
I do think a lot of babies start to teeth at 3 months. They're moving but not necessarily popping up, kwim?

Wendy, I'll be interested to hear about the gym! I'm with you on gym daycare - not on my life!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

-
Since we got back from vacation I've really been working on Julia's sleep..... SUCCESS, BABY!!!! She's taking 2 - 2 hour naps (at 9am and 1pm) and sleeping great at night (7pm - 6am, not always thru but getting there)! YES!!! There have been a few battles she's won:p, but I am winning the war!!! VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!:p:p:p:D:D:D

Yay Kate on getting J on a good sleeping schedule!

Jess - He very well could be teething. My older two got teeth at 4mos.

Hi Wendy!

Long day here. At least I got 4DS kb cardio only in this am. P is napping now. She has some heat rash on her back and little on her chest area. It's been hot and muggy like heck here. Pomai sweats like crazy too. I've been trying to keep her shirtless at home, but it's hard when we go out because I notice it gets worst after being in the carseat, but what can I do when we go out to keep her cool? The a/c is on nice and cool in the car, but I think just being against the carseat irritates her rash so her back is bad. Not so much anywhere else. Poor baby. Anyone have any suggestions to help her stay cool on outings?

Lisa

lisa, my only keepcool tip would be to just stay home but i guess thats not an option!:p
good job on kb!

nursin mamas - dont your poor boobs dread when they do sleep thru the night??? my cups runneth over :eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.