Anyone have a Bradley Birth?

eternalEfit

Cathlete
I'd like to use this method but can't afford to go to the classes ($180 and travelling an hour and a half away) so I've checked out all the books and have several handouts from the classes from a friend and now I'm in the process of getting the workbook and working a plan with an instructor.

Can anyone tell me of their experiences? The Bradley Birth website isn't much help...
Myra:)

Hi Myra,
I wish I could help. I'm due in a couple of weeks - but I did the Hypnobirthing classes, not the Bradley. I'm not sure how different the methods are - but I did like hypnobirthing.
Good Luck,
Melissa

Hi Myra,
I did the Bradley Method for my first pregnancy and thought it was absolutly fabulous!!!!! My husband and I both had a great Birth experience and used the same method for my second child and plan on using it again for my third. I am not sure if you have any specific questions you would like answered... I loved the fact that it focuses on the husband, giving them tons of information and techniques on how to be helpfull to us every step of the way!!! I felt really scared with my first pregnancy but all the information and techniques really calmed me down and made me feel confident when I was delivering. I did most of my labor at home and arrived at the hospital when I was nine centimeters and was ready to push when I got to the room. We had minimal intervention( an episiotomy) and felt like we were in control of our experience. We decided to go with the Bradley Method because of the fact that they give you a ton of information and I personally like to know about everything that is going on with my body and the possibilities of what can happen. We both went in with an open mind and took some of the information with a grain of salt ( they really do focus on no intervention what so ever and have articles with little scientific evidence like "ultrasounds can cause left handedness"etc... But they tell you the other side of things which you probably wouldn't hear from a doctor.) The only issue that I had was that some people felt like the only goal was to have a natural birth no matter what the cost, and one lady felt like she had failed because she had needed alot of intervention during her pregnancy. The Bradley method does focus on providing you with all the information you will need to make an informed decision about the procedures that can occur, but in the end, all that matters is having a healthy baby and mom, no matter what you need to do!!! Hope this helps!!!!

Keri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.