Is anyone else GRUMPY?

Titus2woman

I am REALLY STRUGGLING here! I cry at EVERYTHING and have a very short fuse. I'm so soft-natured usually, and I'm fighting to keep it that way. Well, that's not true~I don't have the GUTS to behave any differently! AH well... PLEASE come tell me I'm not the only one.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Sandi,

((((((HUGS))))))) to you! I am not pregnant at this time, but I can tell you that you are not alone. The rollercoaster of emotions during pregnancy is not fun and each one of us is different. Each pregnancy is different. I wish I could make you feel better but know you are not alone.

More (((((HUGS))))).

Autumn

Oh my goodness I could not agree more!!! I feel so bad for my ds and dh I feel like a totally different person. I hope this passes after the 1st trimester. I hope you start feeling like yourself again soon.

LOL!!! I am 14 weeks with #3 and my husband tells me constantly how miserable I am. I really am. I'm tired, feeling fat and wondering what the heck I'm doing being pregnant again :D! I hope it makes you feel better that you're definitely not alone!

I'm going to try to offer some encouragement, and hope that I don't come off souding like a martyr.

I've been a little cranky and a little weepy throughout my pregnancy, which came as a surprise to me since I'm usually neither.

Back in August when I was about 5 1/2 months along we learned that my step dad had a recurrence of his cancer, that it was terminal, and his prognosis was two to three months. I spent a lot of time crying in the car, and sometimes at work with my door closed after talking to my mom on the phone. I traveled across the country twice to visit with him and support my mom before he passed away at the end of September, then went back again for the memorial service. I had to work really hard to pull myself together for my visits, because it wasn't going to do anyone any good if I spent the whole time being emotional. I'd envisioned my late pregnancy as being a relaxing time when I could spend my energy on happy things like buying baby clothes and decorating the nursery, not interrupted with uncomfortable air travel, sadness, and grief.

What I'm trying to say is that though it may be harder than usual, it's still possible to control your emotions in spite of the raging pregnancy hormones. My experience taught me that I needed make the effort to return the kindnesses that my friends, family, and husband showed me, and that I felt much better when I did.

I was not so grumpy during the pregnancy (shorter fuse for sure though) but am really grumpy now with Hagan 2 weeks old. I am sure it is the lack of sleep but it is also annoying. I am hoping once all of the visitors are gone, it might be better. I will miss their help but I am tired of feeling like I need to be "on" all day.

Hope the grumpiness passes for you soon! Hormones suck.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.