Is anyone dealing with really uncomfortable baby positions?

JulieL

Cathlete
For a week or so now I swear DD must have grown, cause I'm getting tighter in the middle and her positions sometimes make me really uncomfortable. For instance she'll be all balled on on the left side, or on the right. It makes my stomach feel very uncomforable and almost a bruising feeling. It's like she's pushing her whole body in one area. Also lower down I feel really uncomforable at times. I KNOW there's only one in there LOL, but sometimes I wonder. I was wondering, is anyone else experiancing this? I can't remember when I felt uncomfortable with DS, but I thought it was farther along like 30+ weeks.

I don't have the same "symptoms" as you but I"m really uncomfortable too. My pelvic/pubic bone gets so sore from sitting at work that I have to get up often to stretch. I feel no movement on my left side - I have no idea how he is positioned in there but all the pressure and movement is on my upper right side. I don't remember feeling like this, this early on either. Guess it's just cause I"m 5 years older then my last pregnancy. ;-)

I also feel HUGE - I struggle to bend over sometimes. My mom is no help either - she'll either comment that maybe there are 2 in there (not gonna happen) or that I"m going to have a really big baby. Gee thanks mom.

Count me as another one who is uncomfortable due to baby position. For the past 3 weeks DD has been kicking my pelvis & internal organs something fierce. She has not turned to be head down yet. Hopefully by my ultrasound on the 18th she will have turned. In the meantime I can't workout as I would like because of the discomfort/pain and I don't want to cause myself anymore discomfort. My first pregnancy with DS was not like this.

I am very uncomfortable now..I have trouble breathing and sleeping..every position is just not good..I have my section planned for next friday..the 19th..I cant wait to be able to sleep on my back again....

Julie,

Oh yes, there are definitely times when Baby makes things feel uncomfortable for me. It's like you said - sometimes she feels all balled up on one side or the other. I'll feel a large amount of pressure in one area for a minute or so, then she'll suddenly make a big movement and it will go away. I'm definitely carrying this baby lower than my first DD, so I'm not having as much lung problems as I had the first time, but I'm feeling more dancing-on-the-cervix type of movement. That's weird. This morning Baby had the hiccups, and was pressing against my lower bowel. It felt like my bowels had hiccups! Baby will also push against my belly button, which is very sensitive. And then she'll kick my gall bladder, and that hurts. It hurts the most when she drags a knee or an elbow across the front of my entire abdomen.

The joys of the third trimester.......
Sandra

I won't hit the third trimester until Friday but I already feel some weird things. This is my first and I have always suffered from IBS so it is hard for me to determine if it is the baby or my bowels that are uncomfortable.

I feel kicks really low and sometimes feel like if I do not pee in the next 3 seconds that I will have an accident but then I go and nothing happens. Or the little one sits on one side and my abdomen looks and feels funny.

I do not think anyone could have ever described what all this is to me and made me understand until now :)

Or the little one sits on one
>side and my abdomen looks and feels funny.
>

I forgot to add that as well - my belly is lopsided - he favors my right side. LOL

it's funny how pregnancies differ. my first pregnancy with ds was very uneventful. this one is different he defintitely puts himself in various positions that are uncomfortable to me. I just keep reminding myself this is my last pregnancy and to try my best to enjoy the feel of him inside of me. sometimes it's not easy to do...

Thank you ladies for sharing your pregnancy experiences! It is so nice to know that I am now alone in being uncomfortable and feeling the way I do sometimes. You all are wonderful! I feel like I've known you all forever. I can't wait to be postpartum with you awesome ladies!

Vanity68 - Wow a c-section at 36 weeks! Do you mind me asking why they are so early? I hope everything is okay.

Thanks again!

Hi Kristi!

Well, the dr wants the section because my placenta is low and also because of severe pelvic pains..he doesn't want the pelvis opening up any more..he said it would be terrible for me...so I opted to do the section....I go for a mini amnio next thursday to make sure her lungs are developed and Friday is the big day...

Good luck! I hope all goes well. Just think, next Friday you will be holding your baby girl for the first time. What an exciting thought! Keep us posted!

BTH - sorry to hear about your severe pelvic pains and the low placenta. That does not sound fun at all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.