To all new mommies doing insantiy

lulu68

Cathlete
Hello!

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend! I will be having my baby the first week of September, and I'm more than ready to start my insanity workout. I have been working out through out my pregnancy running 20+ miles, floor cardio, weight training, yoga, etc... My question is for all you moms who are doing insanity how long did you wait after having your baby before you decided to do insanity? For my past pregnancies I tipically start doing moderate to advance exercise a week after delivery. Also I would like to prepare now for insanity and strenghten my upper body for the push up challenge, since I haven't been doing much of any push ups except for military presses and flyes. Thanks and hope to hear from you!

Lourdes

Hi Lourdes! I didn't start Insanity until 4 months post partum. I didn't keep up with my weight training and cardio during my pregnancy (saw it as my time to relax) :D so I didn't jump right in to prevent injury. Insanity has a lot of jumping/plyo so I'm not sure if your pelvic floor will be ready for all that so soon after giving birth but everyone is different. And do your keagals!! :D

As far as the pushups, I thank Cathe and the STS Meso 1 for improving my upper body and pushups. I never was able to do a full body push up until after Meso 1. I used Insanity as my cardio days for a rotation with Meso 1 and 2. It has really helped with all the push up jacks and traveling push ups that Shaun T has in his program.

For me, I am glad I waited the length of time I did and developed my strength because I would have probably gotten frustrated and quit doing Insanity in the beginning because it was too hard. For me it was the right time to start it. Just listen to your body, you know what's best. BTW, GREAT JOB on keeping up with workouts!

Hi Lourdes! I didn't start Insanity until 4 months post partum. I didn't keep up with my weight training and cardio during my pregnancy (saw it as my time to relax) :D so I didn't jump right in to prevent injury. Insanity has a lot of jumping/plyo so I'm not sure if your pelvic floor will be ready for all that so soon after giving birth but everyone is different. And do your keagals!! :D

As far as the pushups, I thank Cathe and the STS Meso 1 for improving my upper body and pushups. I never was able to do a full body push up until after Meso 1. I used Insanity as my cardio days for a rotation with Meso 1 and 2. It has really helped with all the push up jacks and traveling push ups that Shaun T has in his program.

For me, I am glad I waited the length of time I did and developed my strength because I would have probably gotten frustrated and quit doing Insanity in the beginning because it was too hard. For me it was the right time to start it. Just listen to your body, you know what's best. BTW, GREAT JOB on keeping up with workouts!

Thanks Jen! I think I will take your advice and wait a few weeks and stick to running before I jump into insanity...I definately don't want to get fustrated. Oh my gosh now that you mention Kegels, have not done kegels for this pregnancy. I tipically need someone to guide me along and the only pregnancy video I have requires a VCR and I don't own one any longer. Do you know of any pregnancy vidoes that focos on Kegels? Thanks again!

Lourdes

OMG, I came in here thinking you wanted to discuss doing Insanity WHILE pregnant! LOL! I have been tempted to put in one of his workouts and see if I can do it (I'm about three months now), but I have a feeling it's not a good idea! haha.

It's exciting to think about getting back to the harder workouts post partum!

You ladies are an inspiration and thank you for bringing up the subjects that are going around in my head!

I started Insanity at 4 weeks postpartum. I worked out my entire pregnancy aerobics, weight lifting and running. I was back to my workouts at 4 days postpartum. I was able to do Insanity without my difficulty. But I did notice my core was extremely weak. That made the jumps and floor drills challenging. I have noticed lots of improvement in my core muscles.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.