Alarm Clocks

saia11

Cathlete
No, not the chubby, cuddly, nursing variety ;) DH is a teacher, and during the school year, when DD was younger, he slept in a separate room, but this summer he has transitioned back into our big bed, something that DD (now almost 15 months), he, and I all love, however, in September he's worried about being able to wake up in time for work. Right now, thankfully!, DD doesn't get up early enough to serve as the alarm clock, so we need suggestions.
She's a pretty light sleeper, especially in the early morning hours and a traditional alarm clock would certainly wake her up too.
Any experience with the vibrating alarm clocks? The "sunrise" ones? Do they make alarm clocks with headphones?

Help a mommy keep her toes warm this winter!
Mattea

I'm a pretty light sleeper and I set my alarm clock to radio and turn it way down. It doesnt wake up baby but it wakes me up. If it didn't wake DH I could then wake him.

I use my blackberry and have it set to vibrate and alarm, so it vibrates 3 times before it beeps and the vibration on my nightstand usually wakes me.

Thanks!

Thanks Jess and Nico for the practical suggestions, what I appreciate most is that they don't require that I go out and purchase anything new :) I'll try both of those approaches during the summer when sleep isn't at such a high premium and see what works.

I knew this was the place to come!
Mattea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.