aidan michael morris

morris

Cathlete
hello everyone - i have missed you guys! we are home from the hospital with a perfect, very tiny baby boy! he was born at 11:59pm on sunday the 8th. i am so happy to be home but am tired and very uncomfortable. i had an unexpected and unwelcome c-section. we went into the hospital for my induction on sunday evening. i was being monitored while whaiting for the cervadil to dilate my cervix when the baby, whpo had been active and fine had a major heart deceleration - from 165 to 70, for 6 minutes. dh had gone to get me dinner and the docs were prepping me for a c-sec. i begged to try labor but the concern was he'd decel again if i had contractions. they let me try for 4 hrs with pitocin. i never even felt a contraction and he deceled again , so we went to surgery. i was terrified he'd been oxygen deprived, and they had the nicu docs there waiting aidan came out screaming and vigourous. he was just 4lbs12 ounces! he had great blood sugars and nursed like a champ right away. i am home now and am healing. i feel a bit sad and guilty though - i grew such a small baby, again, and i couldn't give birth to him. i know that is ridiculous, but i never even really tried. there was no other choice. so i need to get beyond that for sure.

it is good to be home. this is so different than with ds 1 where i had no pain and started running 7 or 8 days post delivery. i am told i cannot lift my older son for 2 weeks, no impact for 4 weeks. what are your experiences? i know lots of people here have had c-secs. can you tell me what to expect, what you did after? i know exercise is good for my mood, and frankly, i need the help!

aidan is absolutely beautiful. he is proportionally small, and they think the stress inutero helped mature him so he is quite vigorous. finn, ds1, just loves his baby brother.

i better run nurse, but i will be back later to read up on everyone. take care!

Congrats Morris!
I am a week or two away from delivering my first, so I have no experience or words of wisdom for you.

I just wanted to say that your post reminded me that I have very little control over things, and that I need to relax. That's something I very much needed as a reminder.

I'm glad that Aidan is doing well. The littlest ones are always the toughest cookies!

I'm looking forward to seeing what advice you get here, just in case I find myself in the same situation very soon.

Oh Morris! Congratualtions! We're all so happy to hear from you!
Welcome Aidan!!!!!

I have no experience with c-sec's. Please do not feel guilty though. The goal was a healthy baby and YOU DID IT!!!

Check in when you can - you aren't busy or anyhting are you?;-) :7

Morris--Congratulations! I love his name! I know that you are disappointed about the c-section. I was really disappointed that my second son had to be delivered by c-section. We used to joke that he just didn't want to come out --that he was just too attached to me. Turns out he has been such a little mommy's boy. He has been so connected to me since birth. Maybe this will be your little mommy's boy. I'm so glad he's healthy and nursing well.

As for exercising, I'd definitely listen to your doc. I tried to do too much when I got home from the hospital because I felt really good. I even cooked a big dinner for my family the night I came home and was doing laundry. Needless to say, I felt it big time the next day and could hardly do anything. My doc told me not to do any kind of exercising for six weeks. But within a few months I was fine. It's not much time when you look at the big picture. You'll be out and running with Aiden in a jog stroller in no time flat.

Congratulations, again!! I'm so excited for you!

Congratulations on your healthy baby boy! Don't worry about how he got here. Enjoy your time with your newborn and let your body heal:)

Candra

Congrats Morris!! I am so thrilled for you and your little guy!!

As for the c/s just take it easy this first week. That is the best advice I can give you. do not try to do too much because next week you will feel 10x better if you don't overdo it this week. I have had 3 c/s's so far and I can tell you this last time I was back walking a good bit (3-4 miles a day) at 4 weeks and I eased into running and was running again by 6 weeks. That was becauase I took it easy and let my incision heal.. (not just outsdie, but the incision to your uterus as well) They need to heal and then exercising will be much easier and pain free. I am sorry you didn't have the birth you wanted, but I can tell you that I felt that guilt after my first son and I did labor. I got to 5cm and never progressed. I felt that my body failed me and on and on.. well I have came to realize that how he came into this world has zero impact on how I love him and how he loves me. It doesn't make me less of a mom to him since I didn't vaginally have him (or any of my children) Just remember you did the best you could w/ the circumstances you were delt. It wasn't your choice and in the end you had a healthy happy little guy. ((hugs))

Morris--(((hugs))) and a big congratulations. Do not feel guilty--you have a healthy baby and that's the important thing. Time will pass quickly and you will be working out again, even if it's not as soon as you'd hoped. Take the extra down time to enjoy your precious baby, because they don't stay small for long.

Now take good care of yourself. Do you have some help at home?

Maggie:)

Morris,
I am so happy to hear the news (and I LOVE the name, obviously;) ). We are going to spell it a little differently, but that's the only name my DH and I could agree on.
I am glad to hear Aidan is doing well. I had an unplanned and unwelcomed c-section with my DS. I had started labor naturally, and I pushed forever. He was stuck in my pelvis, and his heartrate started to decrease as well. I was just focused on having a healthy baby, so I didn't care that I had a c-section. How you have your baby does not determine what kind of mother you are. It's all in how you love and support your child. So, push those guilty feelings aside and focus on the fact that Aidan is here and healthy.
I am curious to know how my DS will react to his baby brother, and I am happy to hear that Finn is adjusting well.

Well, enough talk from me. Go and rest mama.

Oh, to answer c-section ?'s:
Listen to your body and rest as much as you can.
Take the painkillers-they come in handy, especially in the evening. I didn't finish the whole bottle, but I did take them for the first few days (they were find for breastmilk)-Oxycotin (sp)?
Take a stool softener if you are on painkillers so you don't get constipated-you don't need that right now.
Expect your scar to be numb for a number of months, it's normal and it goes away with time.
You will be tired at times, so I can't stress enough to take rests when you need to.
You will be running again in no time. I remember walking around Sam's the day after I got home from the hospital. Granted I was walking about 1 mile an hour, but I was getting around nontheless.
-Jen

Welcome to the World Aidan Michael Morris!!!

Morris, enjoy the wonder and challenges of having two children.

Please take time to rest, yes harder this time with big boy but
utilize any help offered.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne

Jennifer Claire 12/24/05
Taylor Elizabeth 08/22/07

Nina, Congrats!!!!!!I'm so happy for you.

I know what you mean about feeling bad. Must totally be normal b/c after DS#2 I felt so guilty about having a C/s & after DS#3 I felt awful about him being less than 6lbs. FOUR pounds is teeny! What I loved most about having a small baby is how he stayed small & petite for so long. Many of my friends that had huge babies missed out on being small, that would suck!!

As far as workout, I started working out about 3-4weeks really easy. I did Turbo Jams & worked my way up. By 6 weeks I was back to my regular regimen. You need to listen to YOUR body.

Good advice from above. I took my oxycodone & ibuprofen around the clock & was super constipated so took stool softners religiously. Numbness for a long time.

Congrats again. I"m so excited for you!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Congratulations!!!! You're a wonderful mom and did an amazing job! Please try not to feel guilty about how things ended up because the most important thing is that you have a beautiful, healthy baby boy in your arms right now. I'm sorry you're in a lot of pain. Enjoy and relax during your "time off" and don't worry so much about the excercising, let yourself heal. You'll be up and at it in no time I'm sure!

Lisa

Congratulations!!!Such a wonderful name.
Now, do not feel guilty. I had an emergency csection with dd. I didn't even read that part of the pregnancy book because "it would never happen to me". I think the girls are right. You are out of commission for 3-4 weeks and after that it gets a whole lot better. I started light aerobics 4 weeks after (leave your abs alone though for a while). I also did too much after my first csection learned my lesson and with the 2nd it was much easier because I didn't try to be superwoman. Just relax and enjoy baby!

Morris- congratulations! I am glad Aidan is healthy and nursing well. Don't beat yourself up over his size or delivery. I had an emergency c/s with #1 and it took me a while to accept it. When baby is stressing during labor and the dr. and nurses are concerned, there aren't really any other options.

With me, at about 3 weeks I started walking and doing VERY light cardio; by 6 weeks I was back in action. Be careful with your abs like everyone else said. Keep in mind that "six week" rule for cardio and exercise is given to everyone; you're in much better shape and will heal much faster than most post partum women.

hi everyone - thanks for the well wishes and wonderful advice.

we are better and better everyday. i am moving into acceptance for sure, and am so glad for the end result. only occasionally, late at night feeding time am i wallowing, and just a tad. i feel good physically. some tenderness and numbness, and i laughed about "walking 1mph" as i am definately there. but, i am walking (as much as i can per dr) and am on minimal meds ( 400md advil 3-4 times a day). the nursing is great, and he is getting strong fast. i am truly blessed and grateful. now i hope those baby blues stay away. i will not do anything but walk for 3-4 weeks, then try running around 4 weeks. can anyone tell me about weight work? obviously no 4ds or gym styles for a while:), but did anyone start any mild weight work 2 weeks post op? just curious. one good thing - my doc fixed my diastasis while she was "in there", so i will just wait for abs for 6 weeks!

thanks again, everyone. i wish i could hug you all.

Morris, Glad to see you doing so well. Lucky girl on getting that diastasis fixed!! I'm jealous!:+ Wishing you no PPD - I got it awful both times before and really hoping not to get it this time. How is the big brother handling things? And your parents - how are they behaving? Good I hope!

Take care, SuperMom!

HI Morris,
I am glad to hear all is well (a little bit of crying by you is totally normal-it will pass, and you will wonder why you were feeling down at all....especially when are chasing two little devils}( ).
As for weights, I started with light weights about 6 weeks after the c-section. It felt weird b/c you don't realize how many exercises your abs are involved in. I remember laughing when I started doing ab exercises again. It felt so strange not having any muscle there. It felt like I could put my finger in my ab area and touch my back (just mush). But, it didn't take long to build the muscle back up again. I loved Core Max!

Don't you love when you are up in the middle of the night nursing and looking out the window? It seems like a whole different world at that time of night. My neighbor's (old guy) light used to be on, and I could tell the t.v. was on, so I was always wondering if he was up or sleeping.

Take care, mama!
-Jen

Sounds like you're recovering well! I have no idea about the weight qx since I never had a c-section, but I'm glad you're enjoying Aidan. Hope the PPD blues doesn't linger around. Yay for the added bonus on getting the diastisis fixed.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.