Liza

Hi everyone, again,

More questions for you! What kind of ab work is everyone
doing after 14 weeks since you should not be flat on your
back anymore??
Also, how is Cathe doing with her pregnancy - not too much
longer - is it?

Thanks in advance

Hi Liza! You can do your ab work on an incline (if you have a step, just put three risers under one side and one or two under the other). It will be easier on an incline but that's okay because it is "baby safe" and obviously that's our priority right now.

I'm doing great thanks. I'm in my 34th week and if history repeats itself from the last pregnancy, I better be prepared by week 36 for the arrival. That probably won't happen again, but none-the-less, April 23rd is still pretty close :)! Take Care!

Thanks Cathe! Best of luck to you!
Maybe you will have it on April 20th - my birthday!!
I will be listening to hear the good news!

The moms in my prenatal class really seem to like doing abs with a stability ball. I put one ball in between two exercisers... or else they put the ball in between themselves & the wall. We do belly breathing (navel to the spine, as tight as possible) while pressing the small of their backs into the ball, regular presses into the ball, pulses, 2 counts in/2 counts out ("in and in, release, release"). I stress that my moms need to really concentrate on making each muscle contraction tight in order to work the muscle well. We do obliques in the form of tail wags on hands and knees). I've also recently begun to do some stability exercises with my moms. We sit on two 8 inch steps, and do very slow marches, alternating feet... you have to engage your abs in order to do this. Finally, we do a lot of our upper body resistance exercises with dynabands while sitting on stability balls. Again, in order to balance on the balls, you have to use your abs for stability.

My boss is 34 weeks along, and she is still teaching regular classes -- like Cathe, she also does her abs on an incline.
susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.