38 week check-up

Tammyspq

Cathlete
Had my 38 week check up yesterday. Zero dilation. I was a little bummed but I know that mister-sister will come when ready so I'm going to enjoy these last few days/weeks of this special time. I'm going to miss being pregnant but I also can't wait to meet our little one.

Yesterday I received the lovely bedding set my mother-in-law made for our crib. Since much of it can't be there once the baby's born, I'm enjoying looking at it now. Also got our rocker/glider/ottoman thing last night at babies-r-us and ordered my nursing stool today. The excitement is building.

Torchered myself on Monday when I went to window shop at regular stores. Wow how the trends have changed in the last 9 months! I'm ordering my new running shoes today too...haven't gone running since April!

I'm ssssoooo excited!!!

jeni

Hi Jeni!!!
You are so close now! Can't wait to hear the good news! Glad that you are enjoying the end of your pregnancy - it really is a special time and it goes so fast.
Like you, I ordered new running shoes at the end of my pregnancy - and also new Rykas for when I get back to my Cathe workouts!!
Take care! Mister-sister will be here soon!
Erica

I'm looking at the Ryka's too! I must say, I can't wait to get in a sweaty workout that all about me. I hope that doesn't sound selfish but I missed the whole running season here in Chicago and the marathon is a little over a month away and I'll only be a spectator this year. However, I will have something better than a medal to show off!!;)

Jeni, this is such an exciting time - enjoy every minute as it will be over soon. It makes it seem so much more real when you have all the baby stuff set up around you, doesn't it? I bet you can't wait to meet your little one.

Take care!
Sandi

Hi!

Just because you are not dialated does not mean you can't go into labor any time. With my second I remember at my 38 week exam I was also not dialted, not effaced, nothing. 24 hours later I went into labor and 6 hours later she was born. Some women dialate weeks ahead, some only hours ahead.

Your baby will come eventally, trust me! Enjoy your sleep now, you will be glad you did.

I wish you a quick, soon, speedy delivery :)

Marci

Hey you guys! Thanks for the support and encouragement. My mom said the same thing. My brother (her second pregnancy) was born the night of the day her doctor said it would be about 2 more weeks! It's kinda funny. My husband does not have a "real" job right now and we hope to know something this week. It is my theory that once he gets an offer, my water will break as soon as he hangs up the phone! My mom said my oldest brother, who was born on the 4th of July, came that day because my dad was in the army and that was his only day off. Then my second brother came on the last day my grandmother was planning on staying to help! I guess they just know when the time is right!

I'm so excited. I've started week 39 and Friday through today, I've had swollen feet and ankles. I'm not complaining because it's the only "discomfort" I've had so far.

Thanks for the support and I'll keep you all posted!

jeni

Hi Jeni,

Good luck! I can't wait to get all the stats on "Mister-sister."

Sheila

Sheila Watkins, MLSci.
Founder and National Program Director
Healthy Moms(R) Fitness

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.