1st trimester moms - who are we?

gina

Cathlete
I'm already getting confused! I will try and summarize our 1st trimester group!

Rockette/Valerie: #3, weeks unknown to us yet!
Erin F: #5, 16 weeks
Willowe/Kaz #1, 23 weeks
FoolofaTook #1, 10-11 weeks
Gina #1, 2 fetal weeks (5 gestational)
Roses #3, trying

I put this in a separate thread so I can reference it quickly in the future.

Please correct me if I've made a mistake!

Hi Gina! Hope you're feeling well today. I'm actually kind of torn about which week to say I'm in.

I got pregnant in mid July so I should actually have been pregnant for about 10 weeks.

Gestationally speaking though, if you count the first day of my last period as the beginning of week one, I'm technically in week 13.

However, my doctor is wanting to call me week 12 because she's starting from the due date and going backwards rather than the other way around, even though they got my due date from using the first day of my last period and using that method, I'm in week 13.

I'm so confused! Anyway, my due date is April 8th, that's all I'm really sure about :D but I guess I should go with what my doctor is saying just to get things consistent. Hey, the kid's going to come out of there whenever they're ready, it's not like they're keeping a calendar to make sure they're on schedule ;-) !

Hi Gina,

Congraulations on your pregnancy and thanks for including me on the list - even though I am past the first trimester! Most of my friends have already had children or are still single, so it will be nice to share my "first time pregnant" experiences with my fellow pregnant Forum Friends!!

Like you, I am also sure I "felt" the egg implant. I had bad stomach cramps which (when I looked back in my diary after I knew I was pregnant) coincided with the date I would have conceived! Amazing isn't it?

Perhaps we could start up a regular Pregnancy Check In if anyone else is interested?

Kaz.

Today Is The Tomorrow We Worried About Yesterday And All Is Well.

Hi ladies! That's so neat that you both ‘felt' your conception! I was completely convinced we hadn't conceived again and when it was almost time to start my period (or so I thought) it felt exactly like a nasty case of premenstrual symptoms! I've heard that some women can just tell, even before a pregnancy test could come up with an accurate result, how cool!

Hi Gina,

I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow(Thurs).I'm also going for my 1st prenatal visit tomorrow. I've been feeling pretty good up to this point (I have very easy pregnancies). I've had some mild upset stomach practically everyday. Today I was a little more tired than usual(couldn't get comfortable last night) and my stomach was a little more upset than usual. I felt better once I went out and did errands with the kids. I think I'll be able to get more rest with this pregnancy because I can just let my other two entertain each other.

If you don't mind me asking? How old are you guys and what do you do for a living? I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom.

Well it's my nap time(smile). Talk to you soon.

Valerie

Hi Valerie,

Sorry to hear you are having tummy upsets - how well I remember those early days of "morning, noon and night sickness"!!

I am 31 years old, 23 weeks pregnant with my first, and live in the UK with my wonderful DH (who is completely over-the-moon about becoming a Dad!). I am a Aromatherapy & Reflexology Practitioner and work with my local health trust, specifically with adults who have special needs (physical disabilities , mental health and learning difficulties).

I am feeling very excited, but also really nervous about the responsibilities of becoming a Mum - even though it is something I have wanted for what seems forever!! We don't know if we are having a boy or a girl - baby didn't want to oblige when we had our last scan, so we couldn't see if there was "anything" to see, if you know what I mean!!

Hope to hear from others!

Kaz.

Today Is The Tomorrow We Worried About Yesterday And All Is Well.

UPDATE:

Rockette/Valerie: #3, 13 weeks!
Willowe/Kaz #1, 23 weeks
Roses #3, trying
Michele D, #3, 13 weeks

(I think I need a cue card!)

UPDATE:

Rockette/Valerie: #3, 13 weeks!
Willowe/Kaz #1, 23 weeks
Roses #3, trying
Michele D, #3, 13 weeks

(I think I need a cue card!)

It seems we are all doing a pretty good job of checking in already!

I am 33 and manage research projects. (That's all I'm saying since I am not public yet and friends of mine know I LOVE Cathe! I have passed out her 2001 catalogs to those who exercise!)

Gina

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-02 AT 11:37PM (Est)[/font][p]Congratulations!
Can I step in and join? I am 24 weeks pregnant (obviously also not 1st trimester :)) with my 4th. We have 2 girls and a boy and are expecting another boy (and are absolutely thrilled!). I'm 38 years old tomorrow, have a home-based word processing business and also teach computers at night to adults.
I was also thinking that a weekly check-in would be great and was going to post that very suggestion. Exercise, physical symptoms, exciting moments, etc. Interested?
Sandi

I just found out I was pregnant last night! So I am wayyyyy early first trimester! This forum looks really useful and I am looking forward to being here often!

Congratulations, everyone!

I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow. I'm 35, and have 2 girls and 2 boys ex-utero. This one will be the tie breaker! ;-) I personally think this baby is a girl, but hopefully the sonogram on the 10th of October will tell us for sure. I'm a homeschooling at-home mom.

Erin

RE: Congratulations, everyone!

Hi Erin,

I started homeschooling my 5 year old this year. We're going to take it year by year and see how it goes.

RE: Congratulations, everyone!

Hi, Rockette!

That's how we started, and it's now 9 years later and my oldest is in 8th grade! I can't believe how the time flies!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.