1st month of pregnancy -- signs?

Sure, although they vary from person to person. Swollen, tender breasts, nausea, and fatigue are probably the big three. I know some woman have a vaguely "crampy" feeling, and some have light spotting.

Of course, if you've already missed a period, all the home pregnancy tests on the market are sufficiently sensitive to pick up on a pregnancy by that point (I think most can tell on the day or the day after you miss your period).

I found some nice web sites that answer this question, and in the format I wanted--real people giving their subjective views, not a medical list. But dare I say I was surprised to have only gotten one response! I guess "fit moms" are busy people! Jeanne (not pregnant)

I didn't respond because Hazel's answer was pretty much what I would've written...

Glad you found what you were looking for!
susan

I immediately get "regulation size" breasts. My goal would be to be one month pregnant forever, somehow just keep the embryo in suspended animation. It would be even better if I could claim him/her as a tax deduction. I don't feel sick, I just immediately have nice boobs while still having an otherwise normal looking body.

LOLOL -- oh gosh, not me!

I'm already fairly busty -- 36C if I'm thin, 36D if I've put on a couple of pounds... and about two weeks after implantation, my body reacts like a 3rd world fertility symbol... I get HUGE boobs, my tummy pooks out (in my 1st pregnancy I was horrified when a lady asked if I was pg when I was 6 wks. along... I was wearing a loose shirt because I felt PMS-ish, but still!), and I just get rounder :) And, my oh my, you just cannot imagine what my chest looks like when my milk comes in... my son was this big baby with an appetite, and I swear I could have fed a small army of babies on what I was producing. I was a milk makin' mama! LOL -- my son is 26 mos. and is now 36+" and about 33 lbs... 90th %ile for both height and weight, so he's big but in proportion... but at 9 mos. he was something like 28 lbs.! He looked like a little Buddha baby!)

Also, both times, I gained like 6-9 lbs. in the first trimester... then slowed down significantly in the 2nd... and it didn't seem to matter that I had morning sickness this time, either...

Y'know what I'm looking forward to? The early prenatal workouts where, even though you know you don't look the way you want to yet, you feel so LIGHT!
Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.