"Fit to Deliver"- opinions?

LizN

Cathlete
Has anyone read this book or use it? I'm thinking of purchasing it based on some good reviews I've read. I want something a little more clinical than "Expecting Fitness", more along the lines of James Clapp's book. Any feedback?

Hi Liz! I don't have access to the book right now (its at home)but I remember it being a good book. If I remember when I get home I'll look through it and get back to you (that is if I don't go into labor :)).

Hi again. I'm home now with the book in my hands. It is an easy to read, fully illustrated, 120 page paperback book written by three people; a female M.D., a female personal trainer, and a male physical therapist, and each offer their personal perspective on exercising while pregnant at the end. Overall, there is plenty of current and informative information for you to nible on.

Here are some highlights:

1) There is a workout program available for beginners, intermediate and advanced exercisers (for each trimester too).

2) Nutritional guidelines

3) Exercise guidelines

4) Safety guidelines

5) Featured warm ups, cool downs, and stretches

6) A whole section on pelvic floor stability

Take Care!

Cathe, thanks for your feedback and being such a personal part of this forum. It makes coming here a pleasure.

Thanks again,
Liz n
'

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.