Your "cheat" meal

mini-natty

Cathlete
I love, love a GOOD BURGER. No, I don't mean a veggie or chicken burger (hold the bun, mayo, cheese, ketchup, oh well pretty much all the condiments). I am talking about a full-fat BEEF burger w/all the fixings! Every week or so, I will grant myself one of these bad boys (no fries, no soda). I have no guilt or remorse either. That's my treat and I deserve it !!!

What's your "cheat" meal/food? How often do you indulge?

Last edited:
I love, love burgers too! I am going to mirror you on this, because if I had my choice this would be it too, plus a bowl of The Creamery vanilla ice cream and Cosmopolitan cocktail. Yeah...its like that. :D

This is my first day of clean eating since the holidays started, and I came across this thread, lol. Burgers are awesome, and I am with you, 100% beef, thank you very much! My other must have cheat meal is pepperoni pizza. I cannot make it through the week of clean eating without scheduling one pizza night, lol. :eek:

Kristin

My cheat meal is all-you-can-eat sushi, but I stay away from the fried and baked sushi, and the ones with sauce drizzled all over it.

My cheat meals fit my cravings which involves eating local so not healthy by any means. The cheaters could be lasagna, a cheeseburger, steak. Chinese, or burrito with sour cream. The latest is pulled pork sandwich with fries. With that being said, I watch my portion size, eat two meals a day, and eat out to get out of the house sometimes being unemployed to have human contact outside of interviewing. Right now, my workouts are all Cathe's older workouts of five to six times per week.

I have a few. I love,love, burgers, fries, and chicken wings. My cheat days are Saturday and Sunday.

Lourdes

I have a cheat meal once a week usually on Saturdays. Right now I'm enjoying pizza and homemade chocolate chip cookies as my cheat meal. It usually changes depending on what I am craving at the time. Sometimes it's a cheat snack. I know I went through part of last spring having m&m blizzards as my cheat meal.

Love my cheat day!

And I love that so many plans say that it's OK - IMHO, it helps to keep you on track by giving you something to look forward to. The key is to get back on track & not cheat in between.

My ritual is to have dinner out Friday night, have some goodies when I get home, then spend the next day having my simple pleasures such as fried chicken, tater tots, and what ever junk is in the freezer. This week I'm making a dent in the leftover Xmas cookies the family company did not want. Aside from leftover cookies, I'll have Twinkies instead of my old favorite, creme sticks - saving LOTS of calories in the process. My chocolate fix is sugar free fat free chocolate pudding, paired with whole wheat english muffins & p&j.

EVERYONE should adopt a cheat day, or at least a cheat meal to help stay on track. It's a great reward. I've kept my weight under control for years doing this.

Last edited:
I love Indian food, so I get Palak Paneer (fresh cheese cubes in a spicy, rich spinach sauce) and I also eat a dessert called Golab Jamun. I eat have this about every other month, but it is my favorite cheat meal by far.

Wow, I think I will have to get some Saturday! :D

CakeBaker, I'm sure WE can all help you out with those Christmas cookies. Also, the Michigan Catheletes need to get together for lunch again.

I had a bison burger and sweet potato fries on New Year's Eve. I don't eat mammals, so it was a big deal for me :eek:. So yummy! Might have to start doing that more often!;)

Yup. Burger. Specifically, the Culver's Double Deluxe basket with a root beer. I'm also partial to Wendy's.

I don't really plan my cheat days/meals. I just follow the general rule of eating mostly cleanly (and vegetarian) most days unless an opportunity comes along for a treat. We hardly ever go out to eat, so the opportunities don't come along often. Also, depending on the restaurant, I might be happier sticking to my usual diet.

I just don't see the point of completely denying myself any food, even total garbage. Some things feed your soul instead of your body ;)

CakeBaker, I'm sure WE can all help you out with those Christmas cookies. Also, the Michigan Catheletes need to get together for lunch again.

Would love to get together with the Michigan Catheletes.

My cheat day is usually Saturday and I eat whatever I feel like, starting usually with pancakes, and ending with something good - pizza, good hamburger, out to dinner somewhere.

Sunday then is my day to get back on track and M-F are my on track days

Rhonda

My cheat day is Saturday, every Saturday and I feel no pain in doing so. Life is about moderation, I try to stay on track most of the week and if I feel like a nice juicy burger and fries on Saturday night, I will have them. Nine times out of ten I do have them! I also get in a sweet treat, but it will vary on what the treat is.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.