Wrinkle Creams/Peels give wrinkles???

Peels, creams, etc...so many to choose from, but had an eye opening experience from maybe the over use of a few. I really don't have alot of wrinkles, but just trying to make sure I don't get anymore. Anyhow, one day, my DH and I were at a restaurant in the daytime. My DH looks over at me and says, "I don't know what you are using on your face, but you better stop". Now, he wasn't trying to be mean or anything, but he wants to tell me now before it gets worse. I had been using a light chemical peel three times a week on my face. Made it feel absolutely silky smooth and did get rid of a tiny sunspot on my face, but when my DH pointed out that my face started to look swollen and more wrinkles appearing almost overnight, I decided not to use those creams and peels anymore. Anyone else have this experience?
Charlotte~~

I was using that Roc- retinol "deep' treatment and it seemed that my wrinkles became more prominant. i also used that microdermabrasion kit (the one with the little face machine) and it brought out all kinds of blackheads from under the skin and made my pores more visible. I would love to find a product that works for once, I think that intense moisturization is part of the key, it seems when my face is not moistured, all those ugly lines, get uglier. I love a olive oil based moisturizer that i use it tends to calm those "unsightlys" down.:7

I think and once read that over-exfoliation can be harsh because the skin is left more exposed and can get irritated, etc. I have the microderm abrasion kit from BeautiControl (I used to sell those products) and I like it but I use it very carefully and only for a minute. If I use it for more than one minute my skin gets red. Part of the reason that I quit selling BeautiControl is because I noticed I got wrinkly around my eyes after using some produtcs. I don't know if the wrinkly effect was from over-hydration, you know, something similar to when you have your hands under the water for long periods of time. Another reason was that the person that got me into that told me that they were natural products. When I read the ingredients I was deceived. I only put on my face 100% natural/organic products. That's why I returned to my old favorite company Aubrey Organics. I wish I could sell those products because I truly believe in them, but they don't have that system. They sell in stores or through their website: www.aubreyorganics.com. Although they have a few products that I haven't found particularly effective, and my husband doesn't like some of the smells, many people swear by them, and at least they are organic and natural. They are very gentle, perfect for sensitive skin, and don't dry the skin. Like all companies, they have outstanding products and not so so too. Now, returning to BC: I still use and like some products from BC, like the one called "Show of hands", the microderm abrassion, the hair stuff is good (actually, the only products that have worked for my dandruff), expensive, though. Their makeup line is awesome, also.

Sorry for the long post. Just sharing my experiences in case you can benefit of them.

I've been using Natural Advantage for over a year and I love it. It has not made my wrinkles go away, but I definitely have not developed anymore since using it. I have stopped it a couple of times to try something new, and within a week I see very visible changes in my face. Natural Advantage tends to make face more one color rather than having darker/lighter shades. I hope that made sense. Also down on each sides of my chin I have a little extra skin. I think I've heard it called "jowles." These are more noticeable when I stop using Natural Advantage. I've finally decided to accept the fact that the wrinkles I have are not going away and that I need to stick with this product as my makeup looks wonderful when I'm using it because my skin color is so even.

Maybe the peels were to strong or you need to space them out. They can be very irritating. They can also be helpful. It takes time for skin to acclimate to these. I started with a low amount of glycolic acid and worked up gradually. They can leave you red and irritated. Avoiding the eye area is probably a good idea as well.
I use a regular moisturizer most of the time. It helps me to avoid the redness and irritation
Diane Sue

Hey Kelley......you sound like a TV Commercial

LOL!

You should be getting a truck load of "Natural Advantage" free, the amount of times yourve just sold it for them!

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this. All the information was very interesting and helpful.
Take care and have a great workout!
Charlotte~~

I don't know if wrinkle creams can give wrinkles. Fortunately that has not been my experience, but over exfoliation can definitely cause more wrinkles and irritation because you are getting rid of most of the natural oils from your skin. I don't know which peel you are using but I think most at home kits don't recommend using them more than twice a week. When it comes to peels I wouldn't do those at home I would go to my dermatologist for that. I own a microdermabrasion kit and I use that once or twice a week followed by moisturizer and it works fine. It makes sense to stop using any kind of product if you're getting bad results so I think it was a wise decision to do so.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.