Workouts on low energy days?

Hi everyone! Do you have any cardio dvds you like to do on active recovery/low energy days? Some days I'm just not feeling 100% and Cathe seems like too much. I don't have a treadmill or elliptical and since I workout while my son is asleep, I can't leave the house for a walk. Any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

the firm videos are good for recovery low energy days since they are not as advanced as cathe

I second the FIRM DVD's. I also think an easy stroll with the dog is good too on low energy/recovery days. I almost always feel more energized after walking the dog!

Becky

Kid in stroller and head out and walk. He gets his nap, you get fresh air, vit D, a little energy boost and a fresh perspective.

Just because he needs a nap, doesn't mean you can't keep you both happy.

Alternatively, Cardio & Weights or Rhythmic Step or Step Blast (minus blasts if energy low). All three are good for days when you don't have the energy to bust a gut but know that if you can just start moving, the music will carry you though.

Also, consider doing a yoga DVD on these days. It could totally re-energize you.

Clare

I like some low impact kickboxing, Cathe's low impact step minus the blasts, or a nice walk with the doggy.

Kickbox only from KM, the step only from any of the IMAXes - just the step is fairly short (30 mins) on any of them and fairly easy. Can the baby sleep in the stroller while you walk? You can modify most any step workout to lower impact/easier, but not jumping the moves and a little less arm movement as well. Depends on how much energery you have

Nan

I do some of Cathe's beg/int workouts on low energy days (Body Fusion, Basic Step, Low Impact Step). You could also try doing a step workout on a lower step height than what you normally use.

Try doing a workout you thoroughly enjoy on those low energy days. I often pull out my funnest workout on low energy days, which, for me, is Cathe's Step Blast. My all time favorite singer is Prince and Step Blast opens with a Prince song so that just makes me smile and peps me up. Often times, I will say to myself, 'I'm tired so I'll only do combos 1 and 2,' but 8 times out of 10 I end up doing the entire workout.

I like Cathe's LIC/LIS step sections when I'm dragging. They seem easier, but I still get a good cal burn, plus the choreo & music is so much fun I usually feel energized by the end.

I'll do a kickboxing workout... that way, if I'm not feeling super energetic, I don't have to kick as high or punch as hard if I don't feel like it. Plus, for me the "dread" factor doesn't seem as high w/kickboxing.

I'll do KPC or the CTX kickboxing workout if its "one of those" days!

Lynn M.

Workouts in low energy days.

I would have to second the "Leslie Walking tapes".

There are days I do not feel like doing a cardio at all. I just pop in one of her walking tapes in. Before you know it is over and you really don't have to think when working out with her.

She has different lengths of tapes from 15 minutes to 60 minutes. You can find three of her Walking DVD's at Target next to the Yoga tapes. I am a little angry because I paid $14.99 for one tape. Now she put together 3-4 tapes in one DVD for $14.99. So this is a good price.

most of the firm's are good, but man, i tell ya, those new ones, 500 calorie, and dangerous curves ahead are pretty tough. i was kinda surprised at how hard they were.

I walk with Leslie or another series I like is Ellen Barrett's Studio Series. I will usually choose Fat Burning Fusion. Another choice for me is Cathe's easier step workouts or Christi Taylor's Mission Possible.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.