Working to exhaustion

allwildgirl

Cathlete
I experienced this for the first time on Saturday with GS Chest & Tris. I was doing those cross-body extensions for the triceps, and got to the last rep and my arm just was NOT going back up, no way, no how. It felt pretty good, to be honest.

I did GS Chest and Tris AND GS BSB on Saturday, back to back, and was blessed with a nice case of DOMS yesterday.

Just thought I'd share my joy:)

Isn't it fun? I've done that a few times before, since I started Cathe. It makes me feel so tough!:)

Oh I LOVE that feeling! And even more, I love the DOMS that follows it. DOMS is my friend. I have a little bit of DOMS right now and I am loving it so...

Weight training is maybe the only activity where "failing" is actually a good thing. LOL!

I got to that "arms so shaky I can't do another rep" stage on triceps doing the MM upper body mix yesterday. Those final triceps band kickbacks were tough after that! (I do them as push-downs, with a folded towel around my neck, the band over my shoulders, and BOTH arms pushing down and doing BOTh sets---there's no need to take gravity into account with band resistance, and I find this way makes me concentrate more on my triceps and less on my body position).

Yay for Shelley!

I love that feeling! Like when you're doing concentration curls and you can't do the very last one without a little "assist" from the resting arm.

Failure is good. It's nice to be able to feel good about failing. :)

Becky

>Oh I LOVE that feeling! And even more, I love the DOMS that
>follows it. DOMS is my friend. I have a little bit of DOMS
>right now and I am loving it so...

Ditto!!

Shelley, you're my idol!:) I still have to do the GS-upper body back to back. The chest work alone kills me. I use GS every other week. I've upped all my weights in my endurance workouts because of it. Maybe because I go as heavy as I can and sometimes even just do 8-10 out of Cathe's 12-16 reps.

Pinky

That's one of the things I love about working out to videos.... you are pushed far enough that you DO go to exhaustion. On my own, I don't think I'd make myself go that far.

I think it feels great, too. Except when when the arm holding the dumbell falls too close to my head :eek:

Sara

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.