Will the Fanny Lifter work for the High Step?

elsie3

Cathlete
I have a club-style step, but I was wondering if the Firm's Fanny lifter would be an acceptable substitute for the high step.

Also, which workouts use the high step?

Thanks,

Carol F

It depends on how tall you are and how tall the Fanny Lifter is, I would say. I am 5'8" and use a 17" step for the High Step routines. Women Cathe's size probably need 14". The high step is used in the new workouts (HSTA etc) and in Boot Camp, ME, Leaner Legs, PS Legs, Legs and Glutes,...I think that's it but I'm sure someone will correct me.

I would have to say no I don't think the Fanny Lifter would work at least for HSTA because there are fast foot repeaters and doing these on your Fanny Lifter would find you on your fanny because it is just not sturdy enough :eek: I think you would be fine using it for BootCamp, Legs and Glutes and Muscle Endurance though (I don't have LL, PS Legs so I don't know about those)Just make sure that you are putting your foot in the center of the fanny lifter so it is more stable. I hope this helps. :)

Thanks for your input. I'm 5'2", so maybe I'll stick with the fanny lifter for now, but I'm sure I'll want to get the high step eventually--for stability.

Carol F

The fanny lifter will work for step-ups, but not for aerobics. It's much to unstable, and it moves very easily if you kick it.

Hi Carol!

I use my fanny lifter for Cathes tapes and it works great for me. I am sure, that sooner or later I am going to get me the real deal too, but for now I am really happy with it.

Have a great day
Kristine

I use my fanny lifter for all the high step work in Cathe videos. I just can't afford to buy new equipment when what I've got works... and I'd rather spend my money on new videos!! :7 :7 :7

I use the fanny lifter for Cathe's workouts also. So far I have had no problems using it, but I don't have the new ones (HSTA) yet. But I heard there is cardio on the high step, that would seem to be a little unstable. But for her other stuff, you should be fine. I am 5'8".

I use it for Pyramid Lower Body. I think I probably do need a taller step (I'm 5'9) but I just don't want to spend the money. I just squat a little lower on the down movement.

Christine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.