Why is it???

KimDW

Cathlete
Why is it that when someone else fixes the food it seems better? I fixed my lunch today (I'm on my own here at work and can't go out on lunch) but I'm wanting to go to this little cafe and order a salad/soup and sandwich even though I've basically fixed myself the same thing from home. Is anyone else like this or am I just wierd?

Kimbra

It's because the little cafe puts tons of crap in their stuff to make it taste great--LOL!! I'm sure your version is healthier!

Michele

yep and its usually tuna fish. you would think the most simplest of ingredients would taste the same at home as they do at the cafe. and also tomatoe soup or spaghetti.
kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I totally agree with you!! That is why I love to host parties, Thanksgiving, etc. I'm a good cook and everyone loves my cooking, but after all that work I really don't feel like eating it. So, it keeps me from cheating when I cook!! :)

Michelle

I think food sometimes tastes better when someone else fixes it because we all get into our own habits of using the same flavors and seasonings, and other people might do things a bit differently, which makes it new and tastier.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.