Whining...venting...fussing...

Reese777

Cathlete
..do you guys mind? :(

Can I even TELL you all how many calories that I've consumed in the past two weeks? Probably enough for a triathlete - maybe 6000 calories a day I'm guessing. And of COURSE it's all been in the form of dough, flour, grease, hydrogenated fat, and straight SUGAR. :(

I'm feeling hideous and I'm trying to get back on the right track but I was just playing with my daughter this evening and I felt winded. I know I'm such a baby, but I'm a total mess and need some positive reinforcement.

:(

Reese,

You and me both! And I don't think we're alone. But not to worry. A new year is almost upon us and it's time for us to whip ourselves into shape. It's time to get all of the icky toxins out of our bodies by eating healthier food for fuel, drinking lots of water and not skipping any more workouts (at least that's my plan). I'm giving myself a break because I'm usually really dedicated and it's the holidays. But I'm starting to feel really yucky and I know my body is craving HEALTHY! So let's start the new year off right and treat our bodies as the wonderful machines we know they can be! You can do it!

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I know I'm glad The Holidays are over. All the cookies, cakes.... crazy. I remember when The Holidays were just Thanksgiving to Xmas and New Years was more a drinking thing. Now The Holidays seem to run from Trick-or-Treat through July 4th!

Just tell yourself that tomorrow is a new day and thank your lucky stars nobody's waving a pan of brownies in your face anymore.

What makes it hardest for me? After eating stuff you usually don't, you stop wanting the healthy stuff!:eek: I forced broccoli and cauliflower down my throat today instead of the gravy and mashed potatoes I really wanted!x( But, tomorrow it will get easier, the next even easier to eat my healthier fare. Hang in there girl, we are all feeling the pain right now!;-)

OK so that is what you did. It is over and move on without thinking about it and just try to remember this is a new day and you can clean up your act. Really try not to feel guilty. Just let it go. You don't have to continue eating like that forever.

I ate much more (and WAY more sugar) than normal for the last week due to various Christmas celebrations but you know what? The treats that I ate I only get to eat once a year when my SIL or my mom makes them at Christmas time. Like others have said, just move on. Get in a great workout and have a really excellent eating day. That will help you feel better physically AND mentally and will help you get back on track. Pick up your favorite fitness magazine or book to inspire you to healthier eating. Little things like that may sound silly but I find it helpful simply for inspiration and motivation. YOU CAN DO IT!

Hang in there!! Like the last poster said, what's done is done. I have been through years of this and feeling guilty is just a waste of energy. The fact that you feel yucky is proof that you know what is right and what is wrong for your body. Enjoy the rest of the holidays. On January 2, when life returns to normal, you'll be back on the wagon with the rest of us!!

The timing of this post couldn't be better...I feel like horsedung this morning, and it's from all the junk I've been digesting, I simply cannot wait to get back to healthy eating!!

Cathe's doing her best to turn my body from a broken-down Edsel into a Porsche..(or at least a Dodge Neon), so I have to stop filling my tank with regular and switch to the high test...fish, veggies, whole wheat pasta.

I'm sitting here wondering why I slept like crap last night...could it have possibly been the slab of cherry pie w/cool whip, washed down with about a whole tin of chocolate chip cookies I had about 1/2 hour before bed?? Nah, couldn't be....:p

Like the rest of you, I am looking forward to healthy eating..it helps to know I'm certainly not alone in this battle..like Cathe says..."We're all in this together"...how true!!

I feel your pain. I cannot bring myself to eat healthy anymore. I want to eat crap all the time. its disgusting. I had salad last night for the first time in God knows when and it actually tasted pretty good. unfortunately, i wanted a cookie afterwards!!!
this whole holiday eating thing sucks. It is so hard to get back on track after eating crap for two months.

I am starting to crave salad, which is both a good and a bad thing...good in the sense that salad is good for you, bad in the sense that my body is crying for nutrition, yet I keep ignoring it.

Moderation went right out the window this year..maybe some year I'll discover the willpower over the holiday eats, but it wasn't in 2007, that's for sure.

I'm right there with you. I feel like all I've done during the holiday season is sit and eat sweets. The clothes that used to be loose on me are tight now. :(

Erica

I kinda got back on track yesterday! I did great until bedtime when I went into the kichten and stuffed two nutterbutter's into my mouth! I thought"what in the hell are the things doing here"lol ;-)(I thought I had gotten rid of all the sweet stuff)

besides,it's so nice to just have a little break from counting calories,writing everything down in my food diary,and forcing veggies down my throat!

Will all be back on track before we know it. Don't feel bad,were all there with ya;-):)

No, I don't mind. My DH would call this "normal" behavior -- whining, venting, and fussing, that is -- lol!

I'm right there with you. I was doing great until about 3 days before Christmas, and then it all went to hell in a hand basket :eek: ;( . C'mon, we can get back on track. All it takes is the desire to change and a little determination -- so pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get going. We're all in this together ;) :*

I think of it as something Tom Venuto said (although I know he didn't mean it this way ) as *ahem* varying my calories so my body isn't going into starvation mode. Bwahahaha!

Yeah, that's what I did -- I varied my caloric intake to avoid going into starvation mode -- LMAO!!!!!

Well, I've been living on cookie dough for the past few weeks myself. LOL at the NutterButters. Love those!

But, as the other kind, and wise posters have said, we're all in this together and you are not alone in thinking "I should eat a vegetable sometime this week, I really should."

I think of it as something Tom Venuto said (although I know he didn't mean it this way }( ) as *ahem* varying my calories so my body isn't going into starvation mode. Bwahahaha!

Also, I think many of us reach the point of thinking ok, that's enough, I can't possibly finish this gallon of ice cream by myself, I think I'll go for a walk.

We naturally balance ourselves out especially if we've already established healthier habits before the holidays.

I'm there with you too:( Yesterday was my worst day of the Holidays, the bad hand was in the chocolate, breads, caramel squares, stew pot.....I felt full all day but that didn't stop me. Jeez, if I just wasn't SUCH a good cook!!! Today will be better, I slept 10 hours and still feel full..YUK! It's fruits and oats for me today *fingers crossed*.

Michele! I love your ping pong kitties:7 :7

Take Care
Laurie

Another one that's here with ya! I made a decision in the first week of December or so that I was just going to give myself permission to eat :9. To be honest, it took the pressure off of myself to try and resist something while constantly thinking that I wanted it and then would, of course, have it with conflicting feelings. Giving myself permission not only made it o.k., but I didn't feel like I was going against myself and by doing this, I might indulge a couple of days and then just not feel like it on the next but it would be o.k. when the desire came back. I think we feel so disappointed if we aren't strict with ourselves but we have to be realistic. We are human and we need to be as gentle with ourselves as we would with others we may be comforting through a similar situation. I'm actually looking forward to the beginning of the new year because after indulging for the past month, I'm kind of tired of it. It's like when you're a kid, you want to do something so badly when you know you're not "supposed" to do it, but when you actually get to do it, you find it's not that big of a deal after all. You'll be o.k. Just take off the pressure and treat yourself with kind and uplifting words about who you are. Feed your soul with love from YOU!!!!

Hugs,
Bam

Hi Everyone,

I got a real kick out of reading everyone's comments. I do feel better knowing I'm not alone. I know it's the holidays, but I truly feel like I have issues with sugar...it's like an addiction. If I go without it I feel fine, but if I eat one bit of it, I want 5 pounds. I'm starting to think it needs to be all or nothing with me and I'm leaning toward nothing. I don't really think it would be deprivation considering I'm really predisposed for diabetes (my Mom has it, and I was gestational during pregnancy - my DD weight 9 lbs 10 oz when she was born -uug). I need to get a grip before I have no choice in the matter.

Sigh (so far so good today though! Lots of water, kashi cereal early this morning followed by egg on one piece of whole wheat bread; lunch was a chicken breast and an apple and more water. I am feeling good to go so far. Was thinking of salmon for dinner with some wilted (grilled) spinach and maybe some brown rice or couscous (sp?)...does anyone have a recipe for that?) I don't think the DD and DH will want that, but I'm to the point now that I think i'll just make it an eat it anyway. They can fend for themselves if they don't want it! Gotta do what's right! :)

Reese, I don't know if you have Hodgdon Mills stuff in your area but I just made some of their couscous (whole wheat) for date night and it was really yummy.

http://www.hodgsonmill.com/roi/673/Whole-Wheat-Couscous/

We had the garlic and basil flavor. It's pricier than regular couscous. I've also tried the Near East flavors and they're good too but I guess they might not be whole grain.

Good luck with dinner, sounds delicious!

I also have sugar issues lately ... and I think that's maybe why I am sick! I hardly ever get colds, but now I have a whopper - dribbling nose, sore face/sinuses, a bit of a cough, sore-ish throat, not able to breathe, zero energy, feeling like a bag of dirt, like I'm on the outside looking in. Normally my eating isn't too bad, but I let down my guard and started pigging out on sugar and fat two weeks ago, and bam, here I am, deathly ill (poor little me). I hope I have learned my lesson -- right now I have absolutely no appetite, so when I do eat I am trying to eat healthy (even though nothing has any taste). I am really looking forward to feeling better and GETTING ON THE HEALTH WAGON!!!

Stebby

Reese,

I feel that way with sugar, too. I can do just fine but if I eat a little of it, I end up wanting a lot. So I generally try to eat less sugar so that I crave it less. I also find that when I increase my protein a little, I have less sugar cravings. Unfortunately I have not been very successful in this over the past two months but I'm working on it ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.